Infinity treasures

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexchia01

Reaction score
Sometimes - you have to agree to disagree...!!
However, by their very nature, if all unregulated alternative investments failed, they would not exist.....

Alternative investment existed mainly to scam naive people into thinking they can get quick millions by throwing their hard earn money into them and not do anything.

You don't need any successful alternative investment, just a story and promise that your investor can get quick big returns in a very short amount of time.

You just need to sound convincing. Have an impressive website. Pay some money to get featured on CNA and the straits times. Hold weekly talks in high class hotels and dress smart.

Soon many suckers will come to you with cash in their hands.

Sorry that I may sound cruel, but this is the fact.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most unregulated investments that beg financially illiterate people for small amounts of money never have a good answer to why they cannot attract investments from reputable keystone investors, be it corporations with large cash reserves, investments banks, or billionaires investing their own money.

After all, if the return is so good, why not make a presentation to Peter Lim and he will happily invest $1m which is spare change to him.

So if someone claims that an unregulated investment is a good investment, I ask
(1) where are the keystone investors? Or are all the investors financially illiterate people?
(2) How much of your own money have you put in?

JamesPP

Reaction score
Alternative investment existed mainly to scam naive people into thinking they can get quick millions by throwing their hard earn money into them and not do anything.

You don't need any successful alternative investment, just a story and promise that your investor can get quick big returns in a very short amount of time.

You just need to sound convincing. Have an impressive website. Pay some money to get featured on CNA and the straits times. Hold weekly talks in high class hotels and dress smart.

Soon many suckers will come to you with cash in their hands.

Sorry that I may sound cruel, but this is the fact.

That is NOT a fact - that is an opinion.....:)

JamesPP

Reaction score
Most unregulated investments that beg financially illiterate people for small amounts of money never have a good answer to why they cannot attract investments from reputable keystone investors, be it corporations with large cash reserves, investments banks, or billionaires investing their own money.

After all, if the return is so good, why not make a presentation to Peter Lim and he will happily invest $1m which is spare change to him.

So if someone claims that an unregulated investment is a good investment, I ask
(1) where are the keystone investors? Or are all the investors financially illiterate people?
(2) How much of your own money have you put in?

I am not about to get in to a regulated vs unregulated debate but to suggest anyone who has invested in to unregulated investments is financially illiterate is unfair. Regulation does not guarantee success, in fact it can be the opposite.

I have been a strong critic of Infinity Treasures because I believe they should accept a level of accountability in Singapore, thats all.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not about to get in to a regulated vs unregulated debate but to suggest anyone who has invested in to unregulated investments is financially illiterate is unfair. Regulation does not guarantee success, in fact it can be the opposite.

I have been a strong critic of Infinity Treasures because I believe they should accept a level of accountability in Singapore, thats all.

Hi Junior Member with only post count in this thread and and another thread about girl turning down a guy after she discover that the he is earning 3k...your words is just as reliable as those of The Gold Guarantee agents coming in here to argue that TGG is the best system and can outperform Warren Buffet...When I mentioned about the problems of unregulated, they come in and say that MAS placed TGG ij the investor alert list because TGG is paying higher interest than local banks...What a bunch of dillusional people and their logic...

JamesPP

Reaction score
Hi Junior Member with only post count in this thread and and another thread about girl turning down a guy after she discover that the he is earning 3k...your words is just as reliable as those of The Gold Guarantee agents coming in here to argue that TGG is the best system and can outperform Warren Buffet...When I mentioned about the problems of unregulated, they come in and say that MAS placed TGG ij the investor alert list because TGG is paying higher interest than local banks...What a bunch of dillusional people and their logic...

That thread about the girl turning down the guy cos he only earned $3K was very interesting and offered some insight in to the behaviour and attitude of people on both sides of the argument. I fell across the thread by accident but enjoyed reading it.

This thread is however very different as it address real people who have lost money - one of them is a friend of mine - a very good friend. You will notice, I posted on this thread to warn others about Infinity treasures long before the investment officially went bad. I was also privately warning my friend not to introduce his friends to Infinity Treasures.

Frankly, I have better things to do than to trawl websites commenting on everyone else's business. My 30+ posts may not give me credibility with you - no problem. But don't kid yourself that your 5000+ posts do not make you a more reliable author.......it just means you have nothing better to do!

As for TGG - i have no idea who or what this is and frankly I have no desire to find out...

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The moment you mentioned that people make money from "alternative" investment or unregulated investment, it really put into doubt what are you standing for...Just like those agents of The Gold Guarantee coming in here to call out Genneva as a Ponzi scheme and on the side promoting another Ponzi scheme privately through arranged meet-up with the Genneva victims...

It is either you think unregulated business should be approached with investor beware or unregulated investment makes money...If you were to say Singaporeans investing in the unregulated business are making money, it is the same as saying those invested in Infinity Treasures, Genneva, Timeshare and whatever Ponzi scheme out there at making money...Technically, the first few investors are making money out of the later investor...With no solid business other than just recruiting new investors, such sort of scheme would never work...

Post counts and posting pattern do actually matters as it really put into question what a person agenda is...If not, why do you think some companies are willing to pay to purchase accounts and not just create new accounts here?

I am saying this more than once here already, if an investment is too good to be true, it really is...MAS have an investor alert list to warn potential investors that a business is unregulated...If you choose to invest in this unregulated business or scheme, you should only blame on your own greed for any losses made...If someone is encouraging you or telling you that unregulated business/scheme makes money for the investors, you take it with a bucket of salt...

CptCaveman

Banned
Reaction score
I come across another site and got to know about alternative investments as well as MAS Investor Alert List through a website called Passive Income Farmer.

Passive Income Farmer: Alternative Investment - MAS Investor Alert List

I also get to see some of the posts James did and find his contribution interesting and he seems to know something about The Exit Strategy more than many of us. We are all here as contributors to this thread and to learn from one another. Everyone will have different opinions and it's good to know both sides of a coin.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every year or so, you would hear a scam, and then you would think Singaporeans would get wiser, people would get more aware....

Sunshine empire....
Profitable Plots...
.... The Gold Guarantee

And of course this Infinity Treasures and The Exit Strategy.

Now still can see the hotel investment in newspaper, hawker centre table top, and some birdnest investments at newspapers..

When would people learn? And is it really difficult for MAS to screen through these companies, or ask the govt to pass a law to really punish companies that are out to sell schemes with the knowledge that they are not economically feasible?

Is it really so difficult to see through these schemes? :(
i heart pain for these folks
It is worth pointing out that many investment DO work and are diligently put together for the benefit of all, including investors,
Some Singaporean investors will be making good returns from unregulated investments, just not those on the Exit Strategy.
Sometimes - you have to agree to disagree...!!
However, by their very nature, if all unregulated alternative investments failed, they would not exist.....

It is a fact that there is no cure for stupidity...You can even see some here condemn one such scheme but at the same time saying, "Some Singaporean investors will be making good returns from unregulated investments" or "if all unregulated alternative investments failed, they would not exist"...

Same modus operandi like The Gold Guarantee, by Junior Member posting about condemming a scheme but at the same time saying crap like this...

"Some Singaporean investors will be making good returns from unregulated investments, just not those on the Exit Strategy."

It is very clear for all to see of certain people hidden agenda...

Last edited:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like I mentioned, those who are agents of such unregulated investment have no answer to the question why they are unable to secure reputable keystone investors if the return is so good?

They simply avoid the question by claiming that some make money. That is 100% true of a ponzi scheme, the first few will make money if they exit fast enough and manage to con new investors to invest.

There are many investment firms, venture capitalists, investment banks, billionaires in Singapore. How come these unregulated investments can't get these billionaire investors to invest say a sum like $1m which is just pocket change to them? In other words, they are unable to get sophisticated investors to invest.

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some years ago, my relative bought a rubber plantation in malaysia. he is out of job so he tap the latex and sell it. Recently he sold the plantation away at a huge profit and decided to retire.

this does not look like a regulated investment. but he did made quite a nice profit out of it.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some years ago, my relative bought a rubber plantation in malaysia. he is out of job so he tap the latex and sell it. Recently he sold the plantation away at a huge profit and decided to retire.

this does not look like a regulated investment. but he did made quite a nice profit out of it.

I bought gold and silver, sold it at Ebay for profit..it does not look like a regulated investment but I made some profit out of it...

Seriously, I am speechless by the level of stupidity of the post...

Last edited:

alexchia01

Reaction score

I did the same thing 10 years again, but this is a business venture, not an alternative investment.

JamesPP

Reaction score
It is a fact that there is no cure for stupidity...You can even see some here condemn one such scheme but at the same time saying, "Some Singaporean investors will be making good returns from unregulated investments" or "if all unregulated alternative investments failed, they would not exist"...

Same modus operandi like The Gold Guarantee, by Junior Member posting about condemming a scheme but at the same time saying crap like this...

"Some Singaporean investors will be making good returns from unregulated investments, just not those on the Exit Strategy."

It is very clear for all to see of certain people hidden agenda...

Of course I have a hidden agenda - it is so hidden, nobody knows what it is and never will. You would need to be incredibly stupid to claim to know my agenda is, so give it your best shot!!
So by definition, I am not here to promote, but simply to warn others - not that they need it now.

It is sad so many Singaporeans have lost monies in so many scams but please do not insult developers who choose the none regulated route which is often far simpler and cheaper, meaning more money (returns) for investors.

Big thanks to Captain Caveman who recognises there is a balanced argument here...

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought gold and silver, sold it at Ebay for profit..it does not look like a regulated investment but I made some profit out of it...

Seriously, I am speechless by the level of stupidity of the post...

but there are people out there promoting oil palm and rubber plantations out there. if I buy from these people, it is call unregulated investment. if I buy from some other owners then it is business venture

dork32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy land in England is not alternative investment.

buy land in England through profitable plots is alternative investment

the line is not very clear to me

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but there are people out there promoting oil palm and rubber plantations out there. if I buy from these people, it is call unregulated investment. if I buy from some other owners then it is business venture

Same for gold or diamond or wine or anything that is hot in the market right now...there are those selling them at very high markup and told you that they would keep the item for you until you liquidate...You can only liquidate through them Only...be it land, or anything for that matter...So in essence you have no actual possession of the items you purchased...

It is like me asking you to invest your money with me so that I will buy a property/land/(insert item here) in my name...I will issue you a certificate of ownership backed by some really dubious company...You do not actually own the title to the land or anything...

That is very different from you going down and purchase the land title deed and having gone through the legal process and recognised by the Government of the land that you purchased it from...

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course I have a hidden agenda - it is so hidden, nobody knows what it is and never will. You would need to be incredibly stupid to claim to know my agenda is, so give it your best shot!!
So by definition, I am not here to promote, but simply to warn others - not that they need it now.

It is sad so many Singaporeans have lost monies in so many scams but please do not insult developers who choose the none regulated route which is often far simpler and cheaper, meaning more money (returns) for investors.

Big thanks to Captain Caveman who recognises there is a balanced argument here...

Where did I claim that I know what your hidden agenda was, I merely state that you have a hidden agenda...This is really slander to say that I claim to know your hidden agenda...

Secondly, another accusation that I insulted developers...Seriously, do you even know what is regulated and what is not? What is owning something vs what is buying using a Trust? If you do know, you will not choose to say crap like developers who chose the non regulated route...If you don't know, please read up on what is regulated to not make a fool out of yourself...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.