[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Just had an unsuccessful attempt in making bacon drippings infused mayonnaise.

And what do you know, the culprit is the bacon drippings:eek::(

I only discovered this on the third attempt(imagine not using a food processor for the process) :s8: Roughly one cup of EVOO from iherb was wasted :(

It is still possible to make it but you need to whip the mayonnaise using pure oil first(only discovered this after the 2nd attempt as I was using oil + bacon drippings mixture for the first 2 batch). On the 3rd attempt, after exceeding the amount of bacon drippings the mayo could hold, the mixture immediately fell apart. Apparently bacon drippings don't emulsify well.

Good luck to those trying to attempt this feat. I would recommend using bacons bits instead of the drippings(as suggested by others online):o

my guess is bacon drippings contain water and other stuff so it's difficult to emulsify.. one egg yolk can actually emulsify up to 15 cups of oil.. but it will be runny mayo and wont be gao gao.

have you tried melted lard instead of bacon drippings?

thanks ah. you made a mess so we don't have to. :s13:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who's the cholesterol expert now? - Jeffry Gerber, MD - Denver's Diet Doctor

ivor-cummins-ldl-hdl-predictors.jpg

Last edited:

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
my guess is bacon drippings contain water and other stuff so it's difficult to emulsify.. one egg yolk can actually emulsify up to 15 cups of oil.. but it will be runny mayo and wont be gao gao.

have you tried melted lard instead of bacon drippings?

thanks ah. you made a mess so we don't have to. :s13:

Good lard(leaf lard) are hard to find in Singapore and the normal lard(back fats?) has the smell that doesn't go well with mayo. Also lard consist of high proportions of saturated fats so it will turn more solid in the fridge. Bacon drippings was used coz it has that bacon flavor, else I also won't bother with saturated fats :s13:

I think the fool proof method in this case would be to use bacon bits in mayo made using oil high in monounsaturated fats.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
any thoughts for campbells soup???

i like borsch and wild mushroom, but izzit good???

the only thing I buy from campbell's is the REAL STOCK..

but... there's sugar and soy sauce (from soy and wheat).

can't find better stock alternative.. I use kallo's organic veg stock cube too.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Good lard(leaf lard) are hard to find in Singapore and the normal lard(back fats?) has the smell that doesn't go well with mayo. Also lard consist of high proportions of saturated fats so it will turn more solid in the fridge. Bacon drippings was used coz it has that bacon flavor, else I also won't bother with saturated fats :s13:

I think the fool proof method in this case would be to use bacon bits in mayo made using oil high in monounsaturated fats.

hmm.. this may help.

The Food Lab: Animal Fat Mayonnaise | Serious Eats

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
wow seems like campbells is quite evil :evil: :(

guess i will slow boil my own tomatos in the morning and night i will have beef chilli!

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
hehe thanks. :D

I marinate mince pork with cheese, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, dill, basil and parsley.
then flatten and put inside the round pan and bake for around 10 mins
take out and drain off the water and grease
layer tomato on top of the pork base (i used kimchi. since got leftover haha.)
den layer cheese
den add chilli padi
den add mushrooms
den add another layer of cheese again. bake for 20 mins.

漂亮!

Wait I go order some mozzeralla cheese first..
Think add bacon inside also nice :D

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
omg yes!!

where do you order your cheese from?

last time i ordered quite a few types from qbfood..
danish blue, spiced gouda, brie, mozzarella, cheddar...& a few can't remember :s22:

very very long no eat cheese liao..
going to order from sskim.. the 1kg shredded mozzarella.. :D
too bad they now no sell blue...otherwise sure whack a few kg.. :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.