New MRT Station planned between Sembawang/Yishun

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who hooted Eastcrown/EastLace/Eastbank etc etc...This is official announcement by the government..

SINGAPORE: An additional station will be built between Yishun and Sembawang on the North-South Line, and it will be known as Canberra station, said Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew on Friday (June 27). He said the feasibility study has been completed, and the Land Transport Authority will provide more details on it later.

Mr Lui was speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony for the Thomson Line, which will be opened in three phases in 2019, 2020 and 2021. When fully opened, the line will bring an additional 60 per cent capacity to the North-South corridor, he said.

When fully completed in 2021, the Thomson Line will have 22 stations, including six interchanges. The line will see a projected daily ridership of about 400,000 commuters, and will serve several housing estates in the north and central areas – including Woodlands, Sin Ming, Thomson and Kim Seng – and connect them to the city and the rest of the MRT network. The 30km-long line will also be eventually linked to Johor Bahru in Malaysia, he said.

Apart from the new line, Mr Lui also spoke about the planned expansions to the existing rail network – the West Loop of the Punggol LRT, which will open on Sunday (June 29); the North-South Line Extension, which will open later this year; the Tuas West Extension, which will open in 2016; and the Downtown Line, which will be fully opened in 2017.

New MRT station to be built between Yishun and Sembawang - Channel NewsAsia

malagas01

Reaction score
My sister got one unit at east lace...seems like nobody wants it...Guess tomorrow everyone goes for it.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably near Canberra Ave/Street area??

Waiting for LTA to publish a detail report..They just completed the feasibility report..

walau75

Reaction score
Between Sembawang and Yishun? I think the best place is prob near Yishun Sapphire condo. Lots of empty space there....

Tan_Damian

Master Member
Reaction score
Where is the exact location of the station?

Take a look at the street directory agar I know where it is, as like most mrt stations it will be built just in-front of the recent 2 launches of the sembawang bto along canberra link.

My office got one guy booked a 4 roomer at East-lace for 280K mid floor unit.
Think the next batch sembawang bto launch will see at least a 50K appreciation.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
i worry next time how to board the train when the station is up and also when that Simpang area is developed

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

Congratulations to all Canberra MRT Station vicinity property owners!
Huat arh! :s13:

By the way LTA has also reserve NS6 Station between Yew Tee (NS5) and Kranji (NS7) Stations. However that's industrial area. Not sure how it will unfold. :s22:

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Congratulations to all Canberra MRT Station vicinity property owners!
Huat arh! :s13:

By the way LTA has also reserve NS6 Station between Yew Tee (NS5) and Kranji (NS7) Stations. However that's industrial area. Not sure how it will unfold. :s22:

I think nearby currently is just started to be developed only?

Station probably within the circled area:
8xvkiuk.jpg

Yes, NS6 station, I think it will be called Sungei Kadut station. I think those who take NSL frequently would know the factories are built all the way along the track. Could be possible some of the factories will have to give way for the station.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

I think nearby currently is just started to be developed only?

Station probably within the circled area:

Canberra BTO plots are mostly forested area in the past. I think it's a matter of time HDB will build more flats to meet housing demands nearer to the waterfront facing Siera Perdana, Johor Bahru.

Yes I also speculate Canberra MRT Station should be within the circle you zero in. My guess is nearer to Yishun Sapphire. Adjacent junction of Yishun Ave/Canberra View.

Also the Southwest corridor (Bukit Panjang) is also something to watch out for in the distant future.

Money no enough if not can play real monopoly liao. :D

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Canberra BTO plots are mostly forested area in the past. I think it's a matter of time HDB will build more flats to meet housing demands nearer to the waterfront facing Siera Perdana, Johor Bahru.

Yes I also speculate Canberra MRT Station should be within the circle you zero in. My guess is nearer to Yishun Sapphire. Adjacent junction of Yishun Ave/Canberra View.

Also the Southwest corridor (Bukit Panjang) is also something to watch out for in the distant future.

The whole place used to be forested area. Anyway I recall in the past, late 1990s, there were plans to develop the area into Simpang new town?

Nowadays not easy to play real monopoly, given how high the prices are :eek:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I bought a unit in The Nautical 2 years..

I think I hoe say liao..Whay do you think ?

The Nautical is at A
The station like around B

SIg5C2b.jpg

There will be some impact but from the looks of the map, it might not be that big. There is no shortcut between A and B...

But probably they might add in 1 or 2 bus services or alter the existing minor roads to reach the new proposed station.

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

but bukit panjang already quite packed liao, dont think got much more space to squeeze flats.. anyway there will have downtown line liao so its connected already..

Outback78

Reaction score
Those ppl who bought One Canberra (EC) and 8Courtyard (PC) are happily smiling :D

For the station, looks like they will only kick start the Canberra MRT from 2016 onwards....still need to wait and wait :s8:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Those ppl who bought One Canberra (EC) and 8Courtyard (PC) are happily smiling :D

For the station, looks like they will only kick start the Canberra MRT from 2016 onwards....still need to wait and wait :s8:

I think it is kind of widely expected to have a station in between Sembawang and Yishun since they skipped one station number...

Don't think the station will be up so soon. The surrounding areas also not yet developed, just starting only

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is kind of widely expected to have a station in between Sembawang and Yishun since they skipped one station number...

Don't think the station will be up so soon. The surrounding areas also not yet developed, just starting only

Agree this one has been in the pipeline since 10 yrs ago. Shd be no action until a better part of the Thomson line is complete.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.