Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amihe

Reaction score
To amihe,

Most likely ur wiring is broken.[/QUOTE

Hi, Thank you for your response.

If assuming the wiring is broken. Would you be able to help fix it? How much would the repair cost?

Or is it better to get the distributor Wo Kee Hong to confirm the fault first? Btw the compressor is still under warranty.

addmax

Reaction score
Parisilk advisable?

Hi all,
Any of you bought aircon units from parisilk? Any idea if their installation is good? compared to other places like gain city or coolserve?

Thanks!

HY

averlanche

Reaction score
Is chemical cleaning that risky? My 10 year old non-inverter aircon isn't cold, and today the technician said it needs chemical cleaning costing $260 + GST. But because of the age of my aircon there is risk of damaging the compressor afterwards which will cost another $800++ for replacement.

Better to just replace the aircon itself? This is the second technician from different company that said it'll need chemical cleaning, although only one of them warned me about the risk on the compressor.

amihe

Reaction score
Hi, are you able to advise the cost to get a technician to determine the cause? If you could also recommend someone honest please? You may also pm me

behling

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my situation
About 3 mth ago, mum call for aircon servicing (3 unit 1 condenser). 2 weeks after servicing, 1 of the unit gradually take longer to make room cold and soon after totally not cold, other 2 units still working as per normal. Called the tech come take a look he say got leak ask me monitor the situation. He say gas pressure low so top up again. After 1 month same problem. Same unit not cold. Tech say need check for leakage but best to replace all 3 unit and piping. Please advice. Cos I don't understand if leak why the other 2 still functioning shldnt all 3 be not cold?

Please advice daikin system btw. Shld I change to Mitsubishi or pana? If need change initial cost high is not a problem, more impt is running cost and don't kill the earth. Gurus pls advice. Thank you sir

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any advice if suspect wall internal ac piping leaking with wall showing sign of mould growth? are there services to help evaluate whether leaking or where it might be

TIA

xtreme84

Reaction score
No one use Europace aircon before ?

I just purchased a EuropAce system-3 from Courts and had it installed last Friday.

EUROPACE INVERTER SYS 3 AIRCON + INSTALL ESACM323 / ESACB09FC x 3 System 3 - Courts Online Shopping

Had to reuse the old wiring and piping that is more than 10-years old as most of it is concealed.

So far so good, it cools my room really quickly and at 25°C, it's already quite cold. No complaints so far, just need to see how long this can last as only time will tell.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Akai Ryu,

If the wall is showing signs of mould growth, chances are the insulation is sweating. Other possibilities include gas leak, dirty fancoils, both resulting in condensation and icing which could also contribute to moulding.

As your pipings are concealed, it would be more tricky to ascertain if the mould is due to sweating insulation or pin point the exact location of the leak as water flows with gradient. You would most likely need to have your contractor measure the gas pressure to ensure there is no gas leak and also check the conditions of the fan coils. If the gas pressure is fine and the coils are clean, then chances are the insulation is the problem.

Best that you have your contractor come up for a check for further advice.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

any advice if suspect wall internal ac piping leaking with wall showing sign of mould growth? are there services to help evaluate whether leaking or where it might be

TIA

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Averlanche,

I would supposed the chemical procedure is a chemical overhual whereby the whole unit is fully dismantled. Depending on the condition of the unit, it might be possible that the unit is unable to withstand chemical procedure and could endup hurting the compressor.

You might want to weigh the cost effectiveness between doing a chemical overhual and changing a new system. If your unit has been constantly giving you problem then maybe you can consider investing in a new inverter system. Otherwise if your unit has all along been performing well, you might want to take a chance with the chemical procedure.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Is chemical cleaning that risky? My 10 year old non-inverter aircon isn't cold, and today the technician said it needs chemical cleaning costing $260 + GST. But because of the age of my aircon there is risk of damaging the compressor afterwards which will cost another $800++ for replacement.

Better to just replace the aircon itself? This is the second technician from different company that said it'll need chemical cleaning, although only one of them warned me about the risk on the compressor.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Behling,

Based on description it does seem like your system is having a gas leak. All Daikin system has only 1 compressor so if there is a gas shortage you are correct that all 3 units will lose it's cooling efficiency.

However even though there is only a singular compressor, it could be possible that the loss of cooling efficiency is first felt by the room that is located furthest from the compressor or the room with the biggest room size. Sometimes the coils of the unit that is not cold is dirtier then the other 2 so cooling efficiency is so reduced for that unit. These could be the possibilities as to why only 1 unit is not cold as compared to the other 2.

In order to detect the location of gas leak you would most probably need a pressure test which could be rather high in cost.

In my opinion, if your system is of age and constantly giving you problems then you might want to consider replacing your system. Both Mitsubishi or Panasonic would work. Do also replace your pipings.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi guys this is my situation
About 3 mth ago, mum call for aircon servicing (3 unit 1 condenser). 2 weeks after servicing, 1 of the unit gradually take longer to make room cold and soon after totally not cold, other 2 units still working as per normal. Called the tech come take a look he say got leak ask me monitor the situation. He say gas pressure low so top up again. After 1 month same problem. Same unit not cold. Tech say need check for leakage but best to replace all 3 unit and piping. Please advice. Cos I don't understand if leak why the other 2 still functioning shldnt all 3 be not cold?

Please advice daikin system btw. Shld I change to Mitsubishi or pana? If need change initial cost high is not a problem, more impt is running cost and don't kill the earth. Gurus pls advice. Thank you sir

Negger

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just installed mitsubishi starmex air con.

and I realize the angle of the wind vane does not allow the air con to blow towards my bed. My bed is just directly below the air con. So the other end of the room is colder as the cold wind is blown to the other end.

Any starmex users can share how you overcome this problem? Thanks in advance!

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Akai Ryu,

If the wall is showing signs of mould growth, chances are the insulation is sweating. Other possibilities include gas leak, dirty fancoils, both resulting in condensation and icing which could also contribute to moulding.

As your pipings are concealed, it would be more tricky to ascertain if the mould is due to sweating insulation or pin point the exact location of the leak as water flows with gradient. You would most likely need to have your contractor measure the gas pressure to ensure there is no gas leak and also check the conditions of the fan coils. If the gas pressure is fine and the coils are clean, then chances are the insulation is the problem.

Best that you have your contractor come up for a check for further advice.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thank u for ur advice. The mould growth is near the floor area, conceal area of the cornice area no mould...could it still be insulation problem? TIA

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Akai Ryu,

It would depends on how the piping is run. For some cases, the moulding area is where the piping is. There are instances though that water follows the gradient and accumulates at a certain part causing mould growth. For some, depending on the design of the house, other then aircon pipings sometimes there are other pipings that is concealed within fixtures that might cause mould growth.

For some with concealed pipings, if the cooling efficiency of the system is not affected they might choose to put up with the mould and only replace their system together with the pipings when the system gives way however the cosmetic portion would have to be sacrificed.

Given the above, it would be hard to determine without checking if it is due to the insulation so best to have your contractor do a check during your next aircon servicing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thank u for ur advice. The mould growth is near the floor area, conceal area of the cornice area no mould...could it still be insulation problem? TIA

rainforest

Reaction score
Hi,
MY 3 yrs old Panasonic inverter shut down after few mins and timer lite blinking in both rooms. What does the fault code H36 means, and is it costly to repair? Thanks.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Rainforest,

For Panasonic Inverters, H36 is tagged to Outdoor Gas Pipe Thermistor Error. This would mean that a sensor is faulty at the outdoor unit. Cost of repair shouldn't be too high. Best to have your contractor come down for a check to ensure there are no other underlying issues.
Do check first if you have purchased extended warranty for your system.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi,
MY 3 yrs old Panasonic inverter shut down after few mins and timer lite blinking in both rooms. What does the fault code H36 means, and is it costly to repair? Thanks.

Last edited:

Nadim0n

Reaction score
Hi Buddies,

I was quoted $4200/- for the following system and installation material for my HDB (1 Master Bedroom + 3 Bedrooms).

Mit Starmex System 4: MXY-4A28VA c/w MSY-GE13VA x 1 + MSY-GE10VA x 3

Inc. SS Bracket and submission of inst. report to HDB
1 yr inst. warranty

Material Used for installation
1. Copper Pipe: OHCT 22/23 Gauge
2 Insulation: Thermaflex 3/8” Thickness
3. 3 Core Wire: SCM, Keystone or Tai Sin
4. Drainage Line: 13/16MM PVC Pipe

Can i check with you guys if the above quotation is reasonable?

20A DP isolator is available in my service balcony.

Many thanks,
Nadim

xiaoheng

Reaction score
jus finished my installation last sat with courts so far so gd :) but what i see is they pre install the insulation to the cooper pipe outside the corridor and bring the whole thing into the room to lay into the trunking... hopefully is ok since have 3 yrs installation warranty... oh btw is 0.71mm cooper pipe consider g22? thks

Timperial

Reaction score
I went to Gain City, All Best and Best Tech and was told that mitsubishi starmex is the only model without self-clean.

Just wondering why is everyone still recommending mitsubishi starmex :s11::s11::s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.