Microsoft Surface

metavolta

Reaction score
Anyone tried ordering from MS online store under student pricing?

10% off SP3 and related accessories

Zoysia

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet, look like microsoft repair service is good
honestly i prefer 1 to 1 exchange policy.
btw do you need to produce receipts

I think I'm gonna murder Microsoft one day, or burn Microsoft down.
(NSA if you're spying on me, I'm just kidding ok)

My sob story for those interested :s8:
Turns out that the Type Cover replacement that Microsoft sent me previously for my semi-functioning type cover is non-functioning.
So I had Type Cover #1 whose right click button some keys (vowels, especially) were hard to press. > Sent in for repair > Came back with Type Cover #2 whose keys were perfectly fine, but touchpad area, including left and right click buttons were not working > Sent in for repair > Type Cover #3 is totally not recognized by my Surface.

So my surface happened to rust, so I thought hey, maybe it's my surface that's faulty. I sent in for repair, got my replacement, turns out that indeed, the touch cover is not working. So guess who's gonna send it in for repair again? :mad::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:
tl;dr I'll be sending the same Type Cover in for repair the 3rd time.

Anyway I sent in my rusted Surface for repair, got back a refurbished one. So please don't expect them to send a new one to you ah. I see a few scratches here and there but I'll take it over a rusted Surface anyday.
And on the bright side, at least there's some QC for refurb devices, rather than them just grabbing a random Surface from their warehouse. And I immediately pasted my skin hooted from Taobao :s12::s12:
lELaA3n.jpg

Swee bo? :D

expositox

Reaction score
Sweet, look like microsoft repair service is good
honestly i prefer 1 to 1 exchange policy.
btw do you need to produce receipts

Nope. They normally do repairs and send the repaired device back to you but for my case, my whole surface rusted. They could either change the whole case, which will definitely be more costly than just sending me one of their refurbs.
Their service SUCKS, if you don't realize yet. I'm sending in 1 item in for 3 times and they can't even get it functioning.

How long is the warranty for?
So what happens after the warranty period? :o

For new surface and accessories, it's 1 year unless you buy extended warranty. Then if you send in for repair, the warranty period is 90 days or whatever left of your warranty whichever longer.
After warranty period? You pay lor.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone got their freedomcase?

not yet.
they only updated on monday that their us shipment are being shipped to their us fulfilment centre. while the international shipment are being prepped to be shipped from hkg. actually shipping would most likely start late this week or early next week.

mtech88

Reaction score
Anyone tried ordering from MS online store under student pricing?

10% off SP3 and related accessories

I did a pre-order and got this email:

Thank you for pre-ordering the all-new 12-inch, ultra powerful Surface Pro 3 from microsoftstore.com.

As you are one of the first 500 customers to pre-order, we are offering you a gift, an exclusive messenger bag.

:s12::s12::s12::s12:

kimurastanley

Reaction score

Thank you for pre-ordering the all-new 12-inch, ultra powerful Surface Pro 3 from microsoftstore.com.

As you are one of the first 500 customers to pre-order, we are offering you a gift, an exclusive messenger bag.

I also got the email. Lol

echoblue

Reaction score

I read somewhere that if u use a specific credit card, u get this free gift. I forgot which one. What card did u use?

Earthling

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm curious where the collection point will be if you preorder online MS store...

i was thinking they'll post the surface to you like any other online purchase :s22: or is it different for new product launches? if theres dead pixels or lemon units at launch collection, any possibility of 1 to 1 exchange? :s11:

anyway I actually checked some other places... newstead's preorder have free $100 accessories voucher

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was thinking they'll post the surface to you like any other online purchase :s22: or is it different for new product launches? if theres dead pixels or lemon units at launch collection, any possibility of 1 to 1 exchange? :s11:

anyway I actually checked some other places... newstead's preorder have free $100 accessories voucher

Ms will deliver to you by dhl. I received a scratched set from Ms store before. I called them and they said a refurbished set will be sent to you if you wish to have it exchanged. They need to wake up from their daydream .

Imperado

Reaction score
eh why i pre-order no receive any mail about the messenger bag =( You all pre-ordered at quite an early stage?

Pre-ordering from challenger looks tempting with the free gift ... but they dont give academic offer which is 10 percent

Aisyoz

Banned
Reaction score
Ms will deliver to you by dhl. I received a scratched set from Ms store before. I called them and they said a refurbished set will be sent to you if you wish to have it exchanged. They need to wake up from their daydream .

isn't it the same as iphone
they don't repair up to components level
instead they give you a refurbished set.

junkeehunting

Reaction score
Hi would anyone want to trade for my surface 3 keyboard when it is delivered to me? You can pm me. Mine is red and I would like to trade with fellow sp3 pre orders keyboard of other colours too if anyone is keen. Cheers! If I'm not wrong red is online exclusive only..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.