Sineoji 600 Mbps Gigabit Homeplug $33 at 11 am !

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi sAxman,

What is the colour of the data activity you are seeing on the homeplugs ? Are you seeing AMBER or RED for both ends or just one ?

If it is Amber or RED, is an indication of the noise interference on the stretch of powerlines.

If it is just one end, relocate the homeplug to another socket to avoid any multiple strips or extension in the neighbouring socket as this will cause some noise disturbance.

I can arrange an onsite visit, let me know.

Sineoji

Sineoji, no need lar, my DB circuit is very clean, except extension, original HDB wall plugs so far all giving me full green solid light except the 2 LEDs are flashing when data are being transmitted.

I am using 1x 500mbps 4 port model at the fibre point side and 1x100Mbps passthrough model at the AP side. Even if I plug in via LAN cable, the receiving side at 100Mbps is only running at around 40Mbps in average for speedtest.

If the efficiency is 40%, then I can take it and just buy 500Mbps or 600Mbps model to support my 200Mbps fibre broadband. But I also understand that 500Mbps is wrongly designed to use the LAN chip at 100Mbps only.... So the only way to go beyond 100Mbps is to use 600Mbps models at both sides.

Are you able to assure me that 600Mbps model pair can achieve close to 100% efficiency? That means I would be expecting near 200Mbps bandwidth provided that my DB is clean, your homeplug has only green lights and the ISP direct LAN connection is 200Mbps ?

Can I exchange and top up with you for the 600Mbps model since I won't be using the 100Mbps & 500Mbps model anymore?

This is the pass-through model:
HomePlug PL600EPG - Sineoji

I was asking if there is any promotion for the passthrough model lar....

RebornZ

Reaction score
anyone knows which shop is selling the PL600EPG model? And at what price?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Sineoji, no need lar, my DB circuit is very clean, except extension, original HDB wall plugs so far all giving me full green solid light except the 2 LEDs are flashing when data are being transmitted.

I am using 1x 500mbps 4 port model at the fibre point side and 1x100Mbps passthrough model at the AP side. Even if I plug in via LAN cable, the receiving side at 100Mbps is only running at around 40Mbps in average for speedtest.

If the efficiency is 40%, then I can take it and just buy 500Mbps or 600Mbps model to support my 200Mbps fibre broadband. But I also understand that 500Mbps is wrongly designed to use the LAN chip at 100Mbps only.... So the only way to go beyond 100Mbps is to use 600Mbps models at both sides.

Are you able to assure me that 600Mbps model pair can achieve close to 100% efficiency? That means I would be expecting near 200Mbps bandwidth provided that my DB is clean, your homeplug has only green lights and the ISP direct LAN connection is 200Mbps ?

Can I exchange and top up with you for the 600Mbps model since I won't be using the 100Mbps & 500Mbps model anymore?

I was asking if there is any promotion for the passthrough model lar....
Hi sAxman,

The 500 Mbps homeplug is powered by the Qualcomm 7420 chipset which is based on a Fast Ethernet. Many a times, the DB can be clean, however, when it get over the stretch of lines to the power socket where multiple appliances are connected, that's where the issue is, noise.

I suggest that you go for the 600 Mbps which is a gigabit. Performance and throughput is still determine on the condition of the powerlines and the noise attenuation factor. It is unlike connecting an Ethernet cable from your PC directly to your router where it is purely data that is transmitting from one to another.

If you need to upgrade, PM me and I will make some arrangements.

Sineoji

jackywenjie

Reaction score
Need help!

Hello, recently brought 2 600mpbs homeplug from challenger.

When i first used it, there's no problem between connection and such, that lasted for 1 week. Now there's an issue with the connection, all 3 lights are on but are unable to connect. Troubleshooting it says that there's no valid IP address.

Thanks!

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello, recently brought 2 600mpbs homeplug from challenger.

When i first used it, there's no problem between connection and such, that lasted for 1 week. Now there's an issue with the connection, all 3 lights are on but are unable to connect. Troubleshooting it says that there's no valid IP address.

Thanks!

Dear jackywenjie

Is there a number where we can reach you to assist you ? PM me and we will call you shortly.

Sineoji

Pleasure

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought two 600mbps av2 with pass through yesterday at challenger. Whenever my tv is power on and is connected to the homeplug the data link becomes blinking red.

But when there is no connection connected it's green, anyway to address this issue? I tried changing to another power socket but all have the same results.

Who can I contact to assist in getting up my room network up, even if it means using other product range I'm fine with it.

Thanks
Cheers!!

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought two 600mbps av2 with pass through yesterday at challenger. Whenever my tv is power on and is connected to the homeplug the data link becomes blinking red.

But when there is no connection connected it's green, anyway to address this issue? I tried changing to another power socket but all have the same results.

Who can I contact to assist in getting up my room network up, even if it means using other product range I'm fine with it.

Thanks
Cheers!!

Dear Pleasure

Is there a number where we can reach you ? We can schedule an onsite service to assist you.

Sineoji

St00ky

Banned
Reaction score
Recently bought two 600mbps av2 with pass through and i would like to ask if its okay to leave the homeplugs on 24/7? Will there be any problems?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Recently bought two 600mbps av2 with pass through and i would like to ask if its okay to leave the homeplugs on 24/7? Will there be any problems?

Dear St00ky,

You may have the homeplug turn on 24/7 as there is a power saving feature. When it detects no activity, it will go on standby mode.

Sineoji

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to get a preowned WR300E repeater but the original owner lost the receipt. Anyway to claim warranty if anything goes wrong?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Want to get a preowned WR300E repeater but the original owner lost the receipt. Anyway to claim warranty if anything goes wrong?

Dear Just Me,

If there is no receipt, warranty will be based on the manufacturing date instead of date of purchase.

You may wish to check if the product has been registered online for warranty despite without the receipt.

Hope this helps,

Sineoji

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Just Me,

If there is no receipt, warranty will be based on the manufacturing date instead of date of purchase.

You may wish to check if the product has been registered online for warranty despite without the receipt.

Hope this helps,

Sineoji

Thanks. Just need to confirm one more thing though. Using a repeater will decrease the overall speed of the network speed or device speed by 50%? Let's say if my wireless device maxes out at 100Mpbs when connected to my router, I will only be getting 50Mbps when connected to the repeater correct?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks. Just need to confirm one more thing though. Using a repeater will decrease the overall speed of the network speed or device speed by 50%? Let's say if my wireless device maxes out at 100Mpbs when connected to my router, I will only be getting 50Mbps when connected to the repeater correct?

Dear Just Me,

Yes, the bandwidth will be reduced by half practically if you are using a repeater. Take note that the repeater must be positioned such that it is of line of sight with the router.

If you are using the repeater for surfing, it will be sufficient. For streaming of HD videos, I suggest that you go for the homeplug powerline adapter with wifi, such as the PL500EW.

Sineoji

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
How much bandwidth will be reduced if connected via homeplugs, may I ask?

Sineoji

Suspended
Reaction score
How much bandwidth will be reduced if connected via homeplugs, may I ask?

Dear mrclubbie,

There is no precise numbers in terms of bandwidth as homeplug adapters performance is subjected to the condition of the powerlines, noise attenuation factor and this varies from homes to homes.

Sineoji

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear Just Me,

Yes, the bandwidth will be reduced by half practically if you are using a repeater. Take note that the repeater must be positioned such that it is of line of sight with the router.

If you are using the repeater for surfing, it will be sufficient. For streaming of HD videos, I suggest that you go for the homeplug powerline adapter with wifi, such as the PL500EW.

Sineoji
Thanks.. I just got hold of it today.. will PM you the serial no to see if the warranty is still valid since you mentioned you can check...

Actually, I got this repeater just for streaming from china sites.. A min of 2-4Mbps is needed and is more than sufficient as compared to really streaming 720p from a NAS or server which isn't the case

Last edited:

boxer33

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried a pair of 200 and 500Mbps (10/100 Ethernet port) but still get only around 30Mbps on a 100Mbps plan.
If I change to 600Mbps (Gigabit Port) will the speed improve & by how much or is it already maxed out for my house wiring? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.