Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XP

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, the antenna needs to maintain line of sight to the open? Meaning, if I keep it inside the tv console, does it still works?

My antenna have to be placed at the window facing outside for proper reception :s13:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay on the 2nd floor, surrounded by HDB can get signal w antenna. My area is also one of the areas due in 2015

The only problem is that there's just one sweet spot and if you move will lose signal, so if you find dont go touch lor

Thanks bro! Very helpful indeed!

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! Very helpful indeed!

I mean I'm not in your area la, so take it with a pinch of salt. But I still can receive, so no harm giving it a shot.

My antenna is not those super imba one. stock antenna with the tuner. But always will have error in .ts one lor... not sure if its because I'm encoding at the same time.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use a small digital antenna, only US11, all signal strength is 95% very good even without powered. It can be powered with 12V if your signal area is weak.

EF0009B-1.jpg

Just stick to the outside wall, the wire provided is very long about 4-5m.
digitalTV.jpg

http://www.focalprice.com/EF0009B/Digital_TV_Antenna_Black.html

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Putting the DIY antenna on practical...

Near the window facing towards Bukit Timah Hill (where transmitter originates)
20w62Sll.jpg

Scanning and detecting succeed!
6kyzBuNl.jpg

Crisp and clear image!
ZVUDptXl.jpg

This is the Signal Strength and Quality even when the window is SHUTTED! :s31:
aDSlsD0l.jpg

You don't actually need to buy any Margon, Amazon, Leaf, etc.. powered antenna to achieve this!

Some additional info: Home locates in Sengkang Compassvale, living on top floor. Signal is very strong and even penetrates way over into the middle of my bedroom where this TV situates. Old DVB-T signal can't even does that!

kinki

Reaction score
Hi bro kinki you have to use an indoor antenna, or the Playon! Booster Antenna. Connecting to wall jack (SCV) will not get you the DVB-T2 channels.

Bro, I tried this already but it's worst than when I plugged into the older type wall jack... I totally cant get any signal with the antenna and booster!!! Someone help!!! Acryan's technical helpdesk not that helpful and friendly though...

LobsterX

Reaction score
OK. Finally a 15 meters Belden antenna does the job pulling the signal from one side of my HDB to another where my 42" TV is.

Now I can really see the Glee concert in full HD on the big screen so clear and sharp. Nice!

15metres antenna?

you mean the cable 15metres or the span of the antenna is 15metres?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Bro can share where u get the parts especially the socket part

socket part (that black black thing) is called Balun Transformer. Should be around $1-$1.50. I bought some from Sim Lim Square 3rd floor UF Tech.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't buy the Balun transformer any longer from UF Tech in SLS... any idea where else I can get one? I asked a few shops in SLT even the one I made cables from and they don't carry it.

sgmem88

Reaction score
Can't buy the Balun transformer any longer from UF Tech in SLS... any idea where else I can get one? I asked a few shops in SLT even the one I made cables from and they don't carry it.

recently bought this type of balun from a shop at basement of SLT, beside escalator.... you need to show the pic to the boss and he will tell you where is it....

Hills Antenna &amp TV Systems

http://www.hillsantenna.com.au/layo...unTradePackof10/Image/BC802-ANTENNA BALUN.png

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SLT #B1-25
http://www.continentalee.com.sg/contactus/

Theirs look like this
TVA2-500x500.jpg

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help! I did ask around 3 or 4 shops and all told me they haven't seen this before... I asked at Space Electronics in SLS (they have branch in SLT also) and he gave me another design.

3pc-Outdoor-font-b-antenna-b-font-matching-font-b-transformer-b-font-balun-75-300ohm.jpg

Will this one work?

Otherwise, I'll pop in to SLT on Mon to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.