Microsoft Surface

echoblue

Reaction score
actually what I meant is, or what the challenger guy told me is, not about the 1st X days 1-to-1 exchange, but it is during the 1 year warranty period, if there is defect, upon calling MS, MS will send a guy over, with a replacement, then take your set back. there is no repair, ect, 1-to-1 exchange, refurbished or what, i dun know. but if after that, MS found your replaced set was due to accidental/human damage, they will come back to you.

the above is the sales guy told me one.

He is correct. You report on MS hotline or online to report your warranty claims. They will do some troubleshooting over the phone. Once confirmed its highly a factory defect, they will send over someone to collect and replace your unit as UV mentioned. Yes, either brand new or refurbished sets. Surface has the highest difficulty to repair.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

it is great...only grip no 3G/LTE :(

I rather take one without built-in 3G/LTE. It's better for an external 3G/LTE dongle for it's speed upgradable. Of course there's a chance that you may forget to bring the dongle out one day when you need it.

tspurs

Reaction score
The next step will be entering a school email.

I didn't get the verification mail so the cso sent me another. Unfortunately on his end there's a bug that didn't apply the student discount and 30% off the type cover. So what he did was to charge me full price, then once resolved, refund me the discounted amount. Lol

I have also faced a bug, and have been asked to "try again next day" for the past 4 days! Probably happened because I cancelled my prior pre-order so that I could get the 30% off with a new pre-order.

Vincent_G

Reaction score
I have also faced a bug, and have been asked to "try again next day" for the past 4 days! Probably happened because I cancelled my prior pre-order so that I could get the 30% off with a new pre-order.
So, if I use my own Microsoft Account and credit card, and then enter my friend school email and ensure my friend confirm it, there is no problem?

kenshinz

Reaction score
Tried the demo set at funan yesterday. It feels lighter than it looks, finishing is good (feels like a premium product as it should). Type cover is surprisingly good to type on, but I'm thinking if i really need it (Been using my Asus T100 solely in tablet form with the onscreen keyboard for the past few months). The Pen was a little bit underwhelming. It's good, but the S-Pen on the Samsung feels much smoother. When I asked about making notes on PDF all the sales staff keep telling me to import the PDF into MS Office 2013

hotyrole

Reaction score
Tried the demo set at funan yesterday. It feels lighter than it looks, finishing is good (feels like a premium product as it should). Type cover is surprisingly good to type on, but I'm thinking if i really need it (Been using my Asus T100 solely in tablet form with the onscreen keyboard for the past few months). The Pen was a little bit underwhelming. It's good, but the S-Pen on the Samsung feels much smoother. When I asked about making notes on PDF all the sales staff keep telling me to import the PDF into MS Office 2013

Yeap, the OneNote in the Demo unit is not the full version. As such, they also emphasized that they cannot show the write to text conversion

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Silly questions maybe.

1. can format and reinstallation of OS be done like normal desktop/lappy? like I connect a ext cdrom, put in boot disk, start from cdrom......
2. can typecover is purely on magnet. will the magnet, in anyway, render the parts in this machine unusable due to magnetization?

kenshinz

Reaction score
1) should be the same, its exactly like a desktop/laptop just in tablet form

2) i'm sure they tested the magnets extensively before adopting it. most of our phone's flip covers also utilize magnets for the sleep/wake function now

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Tested it today at Funan. First impression is really good. Super light and slim. Doesnt feel that bad on hands. Onky found the typr cover to not be good enough for me. Other than that it is a really good device for school and office.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if other Challenger branches have SP3? Like Tampines or Whitesand?

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Silly questions maybe.

1. can format and reinstallation of OS be done like normal desktop/lappy? like I connect a ext cdrom, put in boot disk, start from cdrom......
2. can typecover is purely on magnet. will the magnet, in anyway, render the parts in this machine unusable due to magnetization?

i'm using a sp2. if you are referring to sp3 then:
1. can format and reinstall OS. it is a laptop/ultrabook. you can connect a ext drive to it and boot from there.

2. so far, the magnets have not done any damage to my unit. also have not heard of the typecovers' magnets causing issues. but I've heard magnets from covers causing issue on the screen instead (though it's still low instances).

Zoysia

Banned
Reaction score
Silly questions maybe.

not advisable cos it does not come with a recovery cd
Besides you might have problem with the hardware drivers

arcanehacker

Banned
Reaction score
i'm using a sp2. if you are referring to sp3 then:
1. can format and reinstall OS. it is a laptop/ultrabook. you can connect a ext drive to it and boot from there.

Windows 8 recovery .. its in the personal settings or something..

eijnaix

Banned
Reaction score
If pre-order now from funan, can get 1 Tb hard disk as freebies. But IT show next month..... Don't know will give more freebies anot

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.