Microsoft Surface

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm afraid it depends on how Masterpass & Paypal codes their transactions with us. When you charge your card with MS & Paypal, the merchant decides whether to code it as an online transaction or not

If you've done a purchase with MS before using one of your OCBC credit cards, we can always do a check for you.

^Shereen

Shereen, thanks for popping by and attempting to answer the question. Unfortunately I have not purchased anything from MS using OCBC before. Will likely use PayPal since PayPal will definitely qualify for the online spend criteria.

expositox

Reaction score
Today when the courier came to collect my faulty type cover, he commented that Microsoft's products / Jabil's repairs are really terrible, he witnessed a sharp increase in number of repairs recently.
Microsoft needs to step up their game. If this type cover that I'm sending in for repair (for the 3rd time) comes back faulty, guess who's not buying Microsoft hardware in the future. :(

tspurs

Reaction score
Redid my pre-order. Anyone knows of a local shop selling SP3 screen protectors? I prefer a matte screen ...

Nirvani

Reaction score
Is it possible to put tempered glass screen protector on a device with a screen as big as the surface?

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Student Discount only for ITE/JC/Uni right? Seems like no way to bypass this right?

Reaction score
Today when the courier came to collect my faulty type cover, he commented that Microsoft's products / Jabil's repairs are really terrible, he witnessed a sharp increase in number of repairs recently.
Microsoft needs to step up their game. If this type cover that I'm sending in for repair (for the 3rd time) comes back faulty, guess who's not buying Microsoft hardware in the future. :(

did u feedback to the online ms customer service? i think they can help.

Reaction score
will the screen protector affect the writing sensitivity? a search online seems like it...looking forward to some recommendations

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Very good question, I have check with Microsoft that your credit card amount will only be debited when a set has been allocated to you and schedule for delivery.

According to the current info and timeline, rebate should be in August since delivery is promise before Sept.

You are right. MS said that I will receive it on launch day as they will be shipping it out a week earlier. Since MS will charge upon ship, it will be charged by 3rd week of Aug. Anyway I got a sms notification from OCBC that payment has been charged via PayPal: )

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Really? Microsoft will be shipping them earlier for online pre orders? Yay? Hahah

That's what the online chat said. You can try asking her as well :) That I should be getting it on launch day which I believe is 28 Aug.

Edit: MS facebook said by 31 Aug and encouraged early order due to the high number of orders received. Hope it is a case of under promise and over deliver.: )

Last edited:

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone pre-ordered yet ?

I am still undecided if i should buy.

Me too! My main concern is the hardware reliability especially after warranty ends. Even with extended warranty till 2 years, I don't feel very covered :o

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Me too! My main concern is the hardware reliability especially after warranty ends. Even with extended warranty till 2 years, I don't feel very covered :o

No major complains about the old surface pro or surface pro 2 that I can find online. It feels like a very well designed product when I handled it last weekend.

Already preordered and looking forward to bringing my touch screen PC with me in such a small and compact package with a nice stylus.

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
BTW anyone knows what does the free messenger bag looks like, if I paid using dbs cc?

If it is good I may use it instead of the Frank card. Understand from the MS facebook that it is applicable even for student discount.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.