Microsoft Surface

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
omg this thing is damn nice to useee. scouting for a good screen protector now. it's a must!

Where to buy glass SP for the SP3?

Haha, if you guys see any on the Internet let me know. I don't mind doing a mini-MO again :)

---

There's a mini-MO ongoing now for screen protectors/back protectors/stickers! See more here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88060396-post3537.html

I'm only doing one more batch, after that I will stop. I can only take in max of 15 items per order.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Comex 2014, for those who just want to go and grab a unit...the 3 exclusive retailers, The Challenger, Newstead and Harvey Norman ALL GOT STOCK...so no need to make a last minute pre-order with Microsoft store! I encouraged everyone to get it from Comex instead as you get freebies and even get to spin the wheel - and I just got a $30 Capital Voucher to spend. If you order from the store, there is no such "freebies".

Reached Suntec City at about 12.45pm and the to my expectation, crowd size for day 1 is considered "ok". So you can literally talk to the sales chap for a longer time to bargain for better deals. I got it from Newstead...and there is a bubbly chap who is the "Microsoft Ambassador"...polite and helpful...but a bit Ah-Beng.

Core i7 model will be coming in later in the evening today AFTER 7pm according to the Newstead sales chap that assisted me...so if you want to get the i7 version, you can drop by after work OR to play safe, get it tomorrow afternoon.

So let's dispel the fear that there is no stock...I dun even understand why would anyone want to place a pre-order when you can get it at Comex. Price wise - no change but depending which retailer you go...freebies a bit different.

By the way, the power adaptor cost a bomb! I though I can get a brick for my office but it cost $109 (with GST)...WTF! There's a variety of type 2 covers with different colors as well. I got the matte black version.
eh order from the online store got student discount. 10% is quite significant... unless comex also can get the student discount. then it's a different story

aural

Reaction score
Yeah! Got my tracking number! Just got rubbed salt on my sore wounds.
I ordered a wedge mouse this morning and got my tracking number!

My surface booked 22nd still no tracking number.

Shadow79

Reaction score
I bought the i5/256GB version this afternoon. Got $30 voucher from the lucky spin thingy and a $50 voucher cos I bought the $99 bundle thing, all in all $80 in total. Looking to sell the Office and Printer. Get to keep the mouse for free. I think shouldn't have problem selling the Office and Printer for $100. So you can say it's a free Bluetooth MS Mouse.

Ray1976

Reaction score
eh order from the online store got student discount. 10% is quite significant... unless comex also can get the student discount. then it's a different story

Oh yes...almost forget about the 10% student discount :p I'm talking about the majority :)

Ray1976

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88117192 said:
Haha, if you guys see any on the Internet let me know. I don't mind doing a mini-MO again :)

---

There's a mini-MO ongoing now for screen protectors/back protectors/stickers! See more here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88060396-post3537.html

I'm only doing one more batch, after that I will stop. I can only take in max of 15 items per order.

Hi thanks for the effort on this MO...do we need to pay you now? or when we meet up to collect? Let me know...thanks again!
;)

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the effort on this MO...do we need to pay you now? or when we meet up to collect? Let me know...thanks again!
;)

Pay when you collect. I will let you all know how much is it when I'm back later! Outside now :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.