Microsoft Surface

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I can't find the link for Microsoft complete extended warranty in sg store. Any body have link thanks.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I can't find the link for Microsoft complete extended warranty in sg store. Any body have link thanks.

Need to register your product first, at support page u will see an option to extend warranty. Click it, it will direct u there.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-sg/support/

start from here.

BTW the pen update is under Change PC settings - there is a lot of windows update and firmware to be completed in a step by step manner.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to register your product first, at support page u will see an option to extend warranty. Click it, it will direct u there.

start from here.

BTW the pen update is under Change PC settings - there is a lot of windows update and firmware to be completed in a step by step manner.

Oh ok Ic thanks. How much isit? Have yet to get my device yet. Waiting for Microsoft student verification side to reply....

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ok Ic thanks. How much isit? Have yet to get my device yet. Waiting for Microsoft student verification side to reply....

150 USD for me since it was a US set. 50 USD for replacement of broken tablets - no questions asked.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
ordered the following two items on amazon! Should be getting them next week!

MoKo Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Shell Stand Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12 Inch Tablet, BLACK
Amazon.com: MoKo Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Shell Stand Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12 Inch Tablet, BLACK: Computers & Accessories

Skinomi® TechSkin - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Screen Protector + Brushed Steel Full Body Skin Protector / Front & Back Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield with Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Retail Packaging
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KI17Z36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

will share experience after I have used them!

miragez

Reaction score
does it support 128gb micros?

Hey alan, here have your answers already

supports for 128gb microsdxc

quite expensive man. but good investment. will check it out tmr coz near my school. if the cuttings are perfect then probably will just get it? since they can apply it also hahaha. any recommendations for a good 64gb micro sd card guys?!

There's many range right now...

Samsung is probably the best bet as according to their 32GB, though it is not 64 GB, the review will give you a little light to what you would expect

Reviews

Sandisk extreme plus 64GB

Reviews

Last edited:

cruzaders

Reaction score
hello! so does the student discount and all show on the invoice? or does it just show the flat price? would really appreciate it thanks!

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Will the screen protectors damage the pen or affect the quality of annotations?

miragez

Reaction score

start from here.

Hey Mikiberry does the updates takes very long ?

Will the screen protectors damage the pen or affect the quality of annotations?

From what I know from reading this large post,

GLASS Screen Protector : rubbery feel

Will cause some issues with using the pen smoothly, as the fiction from the Screen Protector ( in terms of damage probably will wear the pen tip faster. )

Right now someone just bought the MIME Ghost Glass Screen Protector , as he/she stated that it does not affect the pen sensitivity, awaiting for his/her reply

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Hi

Can somebody check the i7-4650U processor's turbo speed

According to Intel it should be up to 3.3GHz

ARK | Intel® Core

But the SP3 i7 PC info page is showing 1.7 GHz 2.3GHz

Who's right?

evershineoptical

Reaction score
is your touch gestures smooth? i find zooming in and out in firefox a bit of a lag. finger scrolling also a bit laggy.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have read through so many reviews online on how normal PET or plastic screen protectors technically wearing off the pen. So far based on my research, no issues with ghost glass.

Anyway please charge your SP3 and make sure you have a good connection before updating all firmware and etc. I got a bad firmware update before and it is a pain in the arse to go through with support to clear it. I am lucky since my SP3 support is from the US (US set), but be reminded that our Singapore is "Singapore" standard at best.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which browser is optimised for touch? I am so used to the Safari and Bettertouchtool combo for mac that I find it really difficult to use the normal browsers in SP3 ;(

Other thing have to consider when buying Surface:
- RT is dead for sure, no good reason to go for it unless you really need the free office product.
- Win8.1 currently, possible to upgrade to next version of Windows?

aural

Reaction score
Other thing have to consider when buying Surface:
- RT is dead for sure, no good reason to go for it unless you really need the free office product.
- Win8.1 currently, possible to upgrade to next version of Windows?
Free upgrade? Lol. U dreaming bah.

evershineoptical

Reaction score
when you close your type cover, do you see a gap between the type cover and the tablet ?

ie. is the "top" of the screen , where the camera is located slightly curved compared to where the type cover is connected ?

if not then my screen is warped ??

Ray1976

Reaction score
when you close your type cover, do you see a gap between the type cover and the tablet ?

ie. is the "top" of the screen , where the camera is located slightly curved compared to where the type cover is connected ?

if not then my screen is warped ??

HArd to visualize by words...can take a snapshot and post here? picture speaks a thousand words :p

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just checking... does the device has wake-up-on-double-tap feature?

also, when we close the lid, does the tablet go into sleep? shut down? hibernate?

hmm...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.