Microsoft Surface

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

evershineoptical

Reaction score
i do find my i7 gets heated up really fast. a simple task like installing a program (like inkscape) , it gets heated up and the fan starts to work overtime...

when doing windows updates, while the updates are downloading (400mb)....within a minute, the temperature shoots up and you can hear the fan blowing quite loudly...

also when i was watching a youtube video, it also gets hotter...from warm.... will continue to monitor

note: the part that is hot is at the right side when in landscape mode.

Last edited:

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88127192 said:
I live in Clementi and Bishan. I can mail the stuff out too via Singpost.
I'll also try to organise group collections...so we'll see how when the stuff arrives.

Please add me in for the black protector! :D

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

i do find my i7 gets heated up really fast. a simple task like installing a program (like inkscape) , it gets heated up and the fan starts to work overtime...

when doing windows updates, while the updates are downloading (400mb)....within a minute, the temperature shoots up and you can hear the fan blowing quite loudly...

also when i was watching a youtube video, it also gets hotter...from warm.... will continue to monitor

Yes when updating firmware the fan kicks in and the top right hand corner do feel warm. Not hot lah.

Check your lot number to see whether your SP3 belongs to problem lots as below

Surface Pro 3 tablets hit yet another bump ? i7-equipped units overheat and shut down

Do you think you can help by answering my question in post #3834? Thanks

Last edited:

lrt2014

Reaction score

Bro, you may want to consider running the benchmark for throttlestop and compare the heat with my i5 results. Think it will be interesting to see how the heat and speed differs. See link below for my results...
Surface Pro 3 Throttling Problem? - Little Red Tips

aural

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88127192 said:
I live in Clementi and Bishan. I can mail the stuff out too via Singpost.
I'll also try to organise group collections...so we'll see how when the stuff arrives.

Bishan good. Lol. We should find a place and bring all out surface and install together. =x later Kenna stomped. Lol

Nirvani

Reaction score
Just wondering, did anyone get the Grab and Go pack from Comex? Is it worth it to get it?

I got it.. haven't open up yet but it seems very good value with the $50 voucher. I used it to offset the type cover purchase.

FYI its heavy, you might be tired bringing home on public transport unless you are fit :s22:

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bishan good. Lol. We should find a place and bring all out surface and install together. =x later Kenna stomped. Lol

Hahaha, mass gathering of Surfaces! Anyway, no worries about the meeting place, we'll figure that out when the time comes :)

Please add me in for the black protector! :D

Added!

---

For those who haven't seen it yet, there's a mini-MO ongoing now for screen protectors/back protectors/stickers! See more here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88060396-post3537.html

I'm only doing one more batch, after that I will stop. I can only take in max of 15 items per order.

kchinbeng

Reaction score
Just want to check what is the different between Windows rt on surface 2 and Windows on surface 3? And also the office software in surface 2 and surface 3 what is the difference. Please advise. And is its worth getting surface 2 now cos I be using it to serve net, simple working on office and excel. Is it advisable to get a surface pro 2? Please advise I need ur expert advise.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
@kchinbeng Windows rt on Surface 2 is the RT version of windows which doesn't allow executing of .exe files. Which means you can't install mainstream software like Winrar for example. You can only install apps from the windows store in Windows RT. The office software in RT and Pro 3 are the same from what I tried before. But the RT's version is called Office Rt 2013. The one on Pro 3 is what you will find exactly the same in any windows 7/8 computers. I'm no expert on advising but based on what you say, the surface 2 will suffice. Surface Pro 2 only if you don't mind 10 inch screen with full windows 8.1 capabilities. But since you can't find that in Singapore, just go for the Surface Pro 3 i3 version?

Finally fully customised and set-up my my first windows device in 5 years. Ran dota 2 on it quite smoothly! Lol. Btw Chrome's browser scrolling is damn terrible in here!

tumblr_nb1n9khwUC1qcsm60o1_1280.jpg

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to check what is the different between Windows rt on surface 2 and Windows on surface 3? And also the office software in surface 2 and surface 3 what is the difference. Please advise. And is its worth getting surface 2 now cos I be using it to serve net, simple working on office and excel. Is it advisable to get a surface pro 2? Please advise I need ur expert advise.

Win RT seem to be the version that Microsoft is going the abandon.
(Microsoft made a announcement sometime back but did not say which one). Also the so call Win9 is near. Claim to be available for retail begin of next year.

So I would put these into consideration.

For your question about Surface 2. Take note you have only 10G+ storage space for 32G version. ie half of your storage space is used by operating system.

Last edited:

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who pre-ordered online from the MS store, we can still buy the Grab And Go Pack. Saw this on FB.

We will allow customers who pre-ordered from the MS Online Store to be eligible for the "Grab and Go" pack (consisting of Office 365, Canon Pixma printer and the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse) as well but this is only to be fulfilled at Comex itself. Please follow these steps:

1. Bring your SP3 purchase invoice or proof of purchase from MS Online Store to Comex.
2. At Comex, visit the booths of any of the following retailers: Best Denki, Challenger, Courts Harvey Norman, Newstead to purchase the Grab and Go pack at $145 SRP.
3. Then bring your SP3 proof of purchase and Grab and Go pack to the Microsoft Redemption booth outside Hall 403 to get the $50 instant redemption (it's a shopping voucher).

Not sure if a friend can do it for you. I might not have the time to do it myself.

anyone who order from Microsoft online manage to claim the above?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.