Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

bryanjoe

Reaction score
imho, better be cautious when using vpn that is unheard of e.g. vpn unlimited. 3 years for USD 19. too cheap and need to use their client.

read the comments from google play store

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw what is the minimum fibre broadband speed required to have decent quality of vpn tv from overseas,without lags n pauses? Is 100mbps enuf? Thanks! Any recommendations of any cheap and good vpn services?

neilangierof

Reaction score
Steam p2p gaming

Hi does anyone know what the best server is from Singapore > US? I'm trying to play a p2p game connected to the US servers in Steam. Currently using Astrill trial. Thank you!

oric1

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know what the best server is from Singapore > US? I'm trying to play a p2p game connected to the US servers in Steam. Currently using Astrill trial. Thank you!

I don't play p2p game but try the Singapore 1 (USA) server, I'm getting 180Mbps down during speedtest.

Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried to sign up for Astrill VPN using Singtel 200M plan.

Got this error when I'm signing up for the 7 days trial. In this because Singtel is using transparent proxy?

It appears you are trying to signup through a proxy, VPN, public computer or one of the unallowed countries.

If your Astrill is enabled, plase close it. If you are not using Astrill, please disable any other proxy/VPN you are using and reload this page to continue.

If you believe this message is with error and you are not using a proxy or VPN, please contact our support and send to us this trouble code "8F6673F4".

i use HMA for a few days. so far ok, fuss free.

not familiar with networking and flashing router stuff.

So HMA's simple instructions on configuring Asus router manually was useful.

neilangierof

Reaction score
I don't play p2p game but try the Singapore (USA) server, I'm getting 180Mbps down during speedtest.

Wouldn't that mean I'm connecting to the Singapore server? My ping is 172ms while connected to the US Los Angeles 1 server. Doesn't really help much in FPS games :(

luckyguitar

Reaction score

If you are talking about connection speed to USA sites then i believe Astrill is probably one of the fastest already.

neilangierof

Reaction score
If you are talking about connection speed to USA sites then i believe Astrill is probably one of the fastest already.

Yes but latency is different from netspeed. I'm getting 100mbps download when connected to the US but latency is still as bad as before. Any ideas?

Pleasure

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for astrill trial and got it setup on my asus router.

Connected to a few servers to try out but the connection speed from speedtest results via wifi is not very good.

Non of the servers i connected to can go above 9mbps.
Below are some of the servers i tried:
1. LA 1
2. LA China
3. Singapore 1
4. Eygpt - USA

Connection speed is one thing, my whole purpose is to be able to stream some US channels content via XBMC, but non of the servers i connected to can open any of the stream.

anyone encounter such issue? if not convenient to share openly please PM me

Thank You
Cheers! :)

stiwipl

Reaction score

Connected to a few servers to try out but the connection speed from speedtest results via wifi is not very good.

1. LA 1
2. LA China
3. Singapore 1
4. Eygpt - USA

Connection speed is one thing, my whole purpose is to be able to stream some US channels content via XBMC, but non of the servers i connected to can open any of the stream.

Thank You

1. Install Astrill applet on Asus router
2. Choose RouterPro VPN UDP protocol (usually at least 2x speeds).
3. Select Singapore 1 USA server (best server for US streaming to be used in SG).

On Asus RT-AC56U hardwired to my PC, I am getting 80Mbps (on VQ) running speedtest with the above setup. In such case latency matters, so the closer the server the better speeds you will achieve. If you connect to US servers it might drop to 20Mbps (or 10-15Mbps on normal OpenVPN protocol, not RouterPro).

Usually beside latency, CPU of the router is a bottleneck. Try desktop app to see a difference.

oric1

Reaction score

1. LA 1
2. LA China
3. Singapore 1
4. Eygpt - USA

Thank You

I don't use XBMC but here are some screenshots for Hulu & Singapore 1 (USA) server.

Trying to watch Hulu with Astrill Off
hulu1_zps67ef3b50.png~original

Connect to Singapore 1 (USA) server
astrill_zps93f6f6c1.png~original

Speedtest via Singapore 1 (USA) server (great speed & ping)
Singapore1USA_zps02669c2f.png~original

Able to watch Hulu now
hulu2_zps744c3518.png~original

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.