[Singtel] iPhone 6/6 Plus Availability Related Discussions [NO SALES/TRADE/SWAP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nethdale

Reaction score
Can buy iPhone without signing new plan ma? Just re contract my current plan. Sorry noob question here :(

Hi,

Assuming you have secured the appt, you can recontract but it no longer under the old/current plan eg iValue, iFlexi etc, you will have to choose any of the "combo plan" available.

elaine92

Reaction score
Just a question.

I've checked through Singtel app + called the 1688 to check on my plan.
There state that I can recontract to combo plans and get a new device from these month(s):

-Aug 2014: No early device upgrade fee is required.

Meaning that I do not need to topup any fee to recontract right?

But this morning I called singtel to double confirm, the cso tells me that aug is 21 month and nov is then the actual 24th month?? :s11::s11:

And if my phone line is under my mum's name, but I ROI with my nric, when booking for apt, am I able to put my mum's nric down or shld I put my own nric?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They want to impose this even when i called in and ask how much will it be if i port over to M1 just 2 days earlier?
37.50 as well. Rediculous.

Governed by business law, perhaps you should adhere to the contract..

Its like how you are unable to get the goods you want when you are short of even a cent...

chardz88

Reaction score
Just a question.

There state that I can recontract to combo plans and get a new device from these month(s):

But this morning I called singtel to double confirm, the cso tells me that aug is 21 month and nov is then the actual 24th month?? :s11::s11:

And if my phone line is under my mum's name, but I ROI with my nric, when booking for apt, am I able to put my mum's nric down or shld I put my own nric?

1. Yes, no need topup.

2. Ur mom's NRIC.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a question.

Nov is when you are eligible to downgrade your plan or to terminate your plan. Aug is when you are able to reconstruct without additional top-up charge to acquire a new equipment.

Lets talk bat appointment booking, it has to be the subscriber's NRIC number, not yours. It is fine even if you are the one present at the launch but not your mum. Ensure you download the template for the authorisation letter so that your collection/purchase of the equipment at the launch is successful.

elaine92

Reaction score
Nov is when you are eligible to downgrade your plan or to terminate your plan. Aug is when you are able to reconstruct without additional top-up charge to acquire a new equipment.

Lets talk bat appointment booking, it has to be the subscriber's NRIC number, not yours. It is fine even if you are the one present at the launch but not your mum. Ensure you download the template for the authorisation letter so that your collection/purchase of the equipment at the launch is successful.
Thanks for the explanation :)

evilutionX

Reaction score
anyone know if you purchase a set from singtel and you also buy applecare - can you send the phone to apple for 1-to-1 exchange instead of lining up at comcentre? (in short, able to reap such benefit by buying applecare for a telco subsidized phone?)

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know if you purchase a set from singtel and you also buy applecare - can you send the phone to apple for 1-to-1 exchange instead of lining up at comcentre? (in short, able to reap such benefit by buying applecare for a telco subsidized phone?)

i'm not sure for the current iPhone 6/6+ policy, since the technical support for these models have not been launched yet.

For the past iPhone models starting from iPhone 5 iirc, you can't reap this benefit. you have to visit the com centre even with your applecare activated.

Iirc, the models before iPhone 5 are able to go to apple service centres directly for an exchange..

However, it is very unlikely that you will be able to escape for the long queue this time round too..

kukujun

Reaction score
you definitely need an onepass account even if you are a new subscriber..

You're saying I need a OnePass account just to be able to book the appt tomorrow even if I'm a new subscriber?

New Singtel Subscriber here (now with M1 but intending to port to Singtel).

I don't have a Singtel One Pass account, and to register for One Pass account I will need to be a ST mobile/fibre/fixed line subscribe. I am neither of those.

Are you sure really need OnePass account just to book appt siah...

Someone else confirm?

Ranchuman

Reaction score
Easy mobile plans not available during launch right?

I would like to have 50mins phone call time.. 500sms and also 7gb data (16 Units). lol

Yep, easy mobile plans not available for iphone 6 , but i don't mind waiting.

Anyone has experience with Easy Mobile? Seems like a better deal since i don't need much talk time and sms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.