Pet food (Dog Owners PLEASE READ)

heygal

Reaction score
jhmae said:
chances are, if you feed the pet (cat or dog also the same) pedigree, they will go back n eat their own sh*t cos the stuff has so much artifical flavouring inside. wld recommend nutro for those pets that need to maintain their nice long coats, itz smelly enough :eek: for them to like it, n ingredients are better than eukanuba's. ]]

yah i have this problem, my westie keep eating his own **** . Anyway to stop it??
:)

Robert

Master Member
Reaction score
My dog is about 11 years old already.

We usually feed him 2 cans of Caesar and some dry food mixed. Also give him some Val syrup (for iron supplement), and also Sasha's Mix (for his joints).

He used to take 500mg (1 capsule) of glucosemine as he has problems climbing up stairs and getting up - his hind legs a bit week.

We started the Sasha mix only 3 days ago, and according to the brochures, it should see some improvement after 10-14 days.

The vet also recommended that we added slices of liver for him.

LittleGoovi

Reaction score
Does Caesar affect dog and cause it to drop fur... I am having this fur shedding problem and I still wonder if this products is the main cause of action.

Use to cook chick breast meat for him but no vitamin and fibre for my dog. Wonder what basic stuff U fed to ur dog to prevent it from shedding lots of fur.

I had a chi wa wa long fur breed dog . Fed with 1 x Caesar everyday and with addition of some suppliment but sometime he just smell the food and walks away. Anyone has another good recommendation beside just chicken meat mix with supplement to fed ur dog?

DarkBlue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend only believe in quality stuff, always buy Solid Gold
Mix Solid Gold's canned meat with Solid Gold dry food
Overall quite good
Got everyday give cod liver oil & vitamins

but his dog got skin problems, visit vet 2 times, vet say that type of skin problem is common...

Experienced dog owners...skin problems & food related anot ?
so can advise him :D

boogeyman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, it has been researched & found that many processed commercial dry type dog food is extremely hazardous for dogs. Many contain meat-by-products, which consist of stuff like heart, lungs, intestines, bladders, brains, etc.

These by-products are left behind after processing food meant for human consumption, like burger patties & roast turkeys. The remaining unwanted parts of different animals are then mashed & grinded together, formed into little kibbles, & then deep fried to produce what many believe to be high quality, clean & nutritious food.

These foods are harmful because:

1. Oily - being deep fried they are extremely oily (try putting them on a tissue & observe) & introduce a component into your pets diet which never existed for millions of years : fried oil. This will eventually lead to cancer.

2. Mixing different meats together into single product means that you have no idea which meat protein is causing your pet to get allergies or sick. Also remember, Mad Cow disease occurred because farmers fed their cows with mixed meats & remains of other animals.

3. The hard poo that your pets produce, that so many people think is good, is the result of the constipation effect the food has on your pet.
note:We humans, however, refrain from excessive fried food & rich food like chocolates & durians to AVOID CONSTIPATION.

4. One reason why pets tend to "stupidly & disgustingly" eat their own poo is because kibbles are so difficult to digest your pet can still detect undigested food in their poo & thus eats them.

5. These dry kibbles also cause your pet to be dehydrated & thus tend to drink a lot of water, in turn causes them to pee a lot, & this makes your toilet training extremely difficult & fail.

yvesgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
try
1) Solid Gold
2) Canidae
3) ANF

I am feeding mine with ANF dry and canned. Had switch from solid gold. Was advise by some expert, cos i wanna get my schnauzer stout and sturdy. Protein 30gram.

Breakfast- 3 spoon dry
Lunch - Frog Leg
Dinner - 2spoon dry and 1.5 spoon canned

boogeyman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yvesgoh said:
try
1) Solid Gold
2) Canidae
3) ANF

I am feeding mine with ANF dry and canned. Had switch from solid gold. Was advise by some expert, cos i wanna get my schnauzer stout and sturdy. Protein 30gram.

Breakfast- 3 spoon dry
Lunch - Frog Leg
Dinner - 2spoon dry and 1.5 spoon canned

WAH FROG LEGS?

that's a new protein. my dog had sores eating pork & chicken, so now he's having pacific dory fillets!!

solid gold seems to be good, all natural. not sure about ANF, though Canidae gives me dog rashes.

BMW7S

Reaction score
Actually allergy varies from dog to dog. One dog may do very well on a certain type of kibble yet another just react badly.

In fact fish is one of the best protein you can give to your dog.

BMW7S

Reaction score
JOGK said:
my yorkie don't eat canned food, dog biscuits,
my wife's cooked for him everyday
but he eats only once
and he seldom finish his food
he likes those expensive japanese titbits
which i bought for him
he never fail to except them
i sometimes wonders how he survive with so
less food
my wife's usually cooks chicken breast, thigh
sometimes mutton, beef mixed with vegetables,
beans and carrots and corn

How heavy is your yorkie? They are rather small in size your dog is just eating accordingly I reckon.

Unless your dog is not eating, I won't be overly worried.

shootminow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CFC said:
Hi everyone.

I believe most of you are feeding your beloved pet dog with commercial dog food and i know there are some doting owners out there feeding their darling home cooked food specially made for their furry friends.

By all means feed your dog with your home cooked food specially made for your pet dog, but please give them a balance diet. And i would suggest that you just feed them normal kibbles dog food as they are specially formulated for your dog.

And for those owners who are feeding their pet dog dry food currently, I'd advise you to get one that's well balance and of the popular brand. DO NOT try to save on your dog's expenses and it's no good for it's health.

I'd recommend you getting your pet food supplies from reputable pet shops and not commercial supermarkets.

I would mention brand name here, but there's this famous brand available in almost all supermarkets, and i believe most of you will know what brand i'm referring to now. This particular brand's salt contain is too high that all my friend who fed their dogs on it, had fur dropping problems.
After they changed to more famous and more expensive brands like Eukanuba(my recommendation) and Science Diet, the fur problem just vanish.

If you have the time, compare the nutritional contain of all the possible brand you are considering to buy.

Also, i'm against the idea of feeding our beloved furry folks canned food.
In my opinion and experience, canned food will stink your pet's breath and not only that, you will have trouble feeding your pet pure kibbles meal in future as the canned food are definitely more delicious.

Ok, those are my two cents worth of thought. Any comments?

feeding my dog with solid gold. my schnauzer coat now wow

shootminow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DarkBlue said:
My friend only believe in quality stuff, always buy Solid Gold
Mix Solid Gold's canned meat with Solid Gold dry food
Overall quite good
Got everyday give cod liver oil & vitamins

but his dog got skin problems, visit vet 2 times, vet say that type of skin problem is common...

Experienced dog owners...skin problems & food related anot ?
so can advise him :D

its true me now using solid gold after changing from science diet and anf

seahch2

Reaction score
There so many different kind of solid gold dry and can food in the pet shop. Which one is actually suitable for my 10 old golden retriever who had been eating pedigree for all his life !

sambuca

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've a 3 month old maltese and 3 month old shih tsu.
may i know whats the best pet food i can get for them?

blueNwhite

Reaction score
Hacker said:
Canidae not bad, no Corn Wheat, Soy, Grain Fractions or Fillers and Naturally Preserved.

ya! i'm feeding my 7 1/2 mths old shih tzu canidae too. just bought 40 pounds of it. i've tried some brands like nutro...he doesn't like...

blueNwhite

Reaction score
sambuca said:
i've a 3 month old maltese and 3 month old shih tsu.
may i know whats the best pet food i can get for them?

i think it depends on your dog. i've tried all sorts of brands (wet n dry) before i finally settle with canidae (dry) n cesar (wet) coz i guess my pup is as picky as me. =p

luxurious

Reaction score
My schnauzer had bumps and my vet recommended eukanuba prescription.
The coat now is good.
Can only be bought from pet clinics.
Cost $28 for 6 lbs i think.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.