Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have either of you tried the hokkien mee recently?

We tried it today cos the basement CKT n Chick rice not open. We each took 2 bites n stopped liao. No doubt, I prefer those fried hokkien prawn mee with a lots of fragrant prawn broth. But if this one is 'dry' cos the prawn broth is fried til its simmered into the noodles, then should still be tasty n fragrant ... or at least tats wat i expected. Sorely disappointed. Hardly any fragrance of prawn. Might as well be fried mee.

Last visited the area in 2008. :s22: Coz used to work in the area.

Wah, the standard dropped so much? But the taste is supposed to be lighter, more like Old Airport's Nam Sing, definitely not Geylang Lorong 29 type.

Chicken rice is good, but there are many good ones around, so it's not something that outstanding that I would travel to try back then.

Guess the tulang stall not open today due to Hari Raya Haji. The nearby ayam penyet stall not open too I guess.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know which buffet is decently priced and has durian penyat?

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you just want the durian pengat, Tiffany cafe had it when I last went. Not sure whether it is a staple. I found it quite nice.

This one always has 1 for 1... not sure whether still on though. Not much to recommend for the rest of the food though. But if you are going for the dessert, should be ok bah.

striker22

Reaction score
Sorry, can refresh my memory for the buffet? Is it the 8th of Oct weds at 6pm? Kings hotel??

striker22

Reaction score
Btw, now all the copthorne group get their nonya kueh from an external supplier. Standard not so good liao.

I think they only make banana pancake and ban chien kueh on premises now.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dunno wat is indecently priced for you, so just list down those with durian paste :-

Tiffany @ Furama Citycentre

Ellenborough @ Merchant Court

Cafe 2000 @ M Hotel

Asian Market Cafe @ Fairmont

Indulge at Park @ Grand Park Cityhall*

Brizo @ Park Hotel Clarke Quay

Plaza/Spice Brasserie @ Parkroyal (iirc, both parkroyals at kitchener n beach road have the paste, but its together with the glutinous rice or something)

Straits Cafe @ Rendezous*

Fatty Choo International Steamboat @ West Coast Plaza

Orchard Cafe @ Orchard Hotel (not always have)

The 2 with * are the ones with the nicer durian paste.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about the chilli mee? standard still there? :)

I have not tried it b4, so dunno if the std maintained or not. I find it so so nia (like those factory produced chilli sauce), but Dennyz who likes these chilli noodles said the chilli sauce actually not bad. The mee kia was lousy though, cos it was slightly soggy n clammy even at the start. The thicker yellow noodles might fare better. Prawn was those frozen kind, porkie quite tender. The soup was a tad sweet, should be from adding rock sugar. Its not unpleasant, just a bit weird, like a semi dessert :D

On a separate note, he goes to a couple of those famous chilli noodle stalls in the east (he brought me to 1 b4, supposedly very hot chilli with fresh pork lard, but i also found it like factory chilli, so i am prolly not a good judge when it comes to chilli mee :s13:), so you might wish to ask him if you want recommendations.

Sorry, can refresh my memory for the buffet? Is it the 8th of Oct weds at 6pm? Kings hotel??

8th Oct. They start at 6, but i will only reach at 645pm. Feel free to start first though. Sigh, copthorne king's lar ... is there a 2nd princess terrace in SG?

richey

Master Member
Reaction score
what about the chilli mee? standard still there? :)

Apparently I tried the chilli mee last month. I hope im at the one you are referring to. On the 2nd storey. Well i have to agree with Toons. I like the soup on my first few spoons. However towards the end, i find it tad sweet. not the kind of sweetness you get when you had for your steamboat at the end of a prawn+cabbage combo. Rather, its the rock sugar sort of sweetness. Non authentic sweet.

Well the mee just like normal mee. the prawn taste so-so. The pork, average too. Not a destination dish for me.

Well talking about good prawn mee, I use to frequent 1 at joo chiat. That was in 2008. Im not sure if its still there. its a small stall by itself,along those shop houses. there is this indian old man who clears the plates and bowls.

Dunno wat is indecently priced for you, so just list down those with durian paste :-

Tiffany @ Furama Citycentre - dont really fancy this place. spent 1 birthday celebration there. cosy it is, but nah

Ellenborough @ Merchant Court - used to have very good and fragrant durian penget. But hearsay,alot of tourists complain , cause durian smell too strong.ended up, fine tune to the milder fragrant nowadays

Cafe 2000 @ M Hotel - not comments

Asian Market Cafe @ Fairmont - no comments

Indulge at Park @ Grand Park Cityhall* - no comments

Brizo @ Park Hotel Clarke Quay - no comments

Plaza/Spice Brasserie @ Parkroyal (iirc, both parkroyals at kitchener n beach road have the paste, but its together with the glutinous rice or something)

Straits Cafe @ Rendezous* - dont really like the spread. small and limited

Fatty Choo International Steamboat @ West Coast Plaza - no comments

Orchard Cafe @ Orchard Hotel (not always have) - no comments

The 2 with * are the ones with the nicer durian paste.

Have given my 2 cents worth next to the cafes.

Anyway just to check, hows the buffet at mosaic at carlton hotel (opp raffles city)?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll try to get there before seven. Pray for no last min meeting

I hope to get there by 6.30 :D

Got a meeting from 5.30 but should end by 6 (I hope)

Reservation under who ah? Hahah

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good question. Considering striker can't even remember the date or place, I guess no one made the reservation :D I'll call them later.

Wah win liao...nobody made any reservation :s13:

Heng ah

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, the tenkaichi offer price at 54.90+ will last till 15 oct if i not wrong, hahaha. then turn back to 98+

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.