Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

garth6

Reaction score
Has anyone bought aircon from Harvest Air before? any review? the price i got is quite attractive.. 2699 for MHI sys 3, 22SWG + 1/2" armaflex + 16mm piping + 2 trips

UserIT

Reaction score
thinking of installing
LG Artcool System 2, for Dining & Living - Design Purpose.
Mitsubishi / Daikin System 3, for my 3 Room.

How much does the above cost ?
And where can i find Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ?
don't buy LG air con :(

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought aircon from Harvest Air before? any review? the price i got is quite attractive.. 2699 for MHI sys 3, 22SWG + 1/2" armaflex + 16mm piping + 2 trips

Ya..for sys3 quite cheap..

terumo

Reaction score
To garth6,

This quote is quite cheap considering they are using premium materials.
Pls check the materials before installation if u engage them to make sure you are not short changed.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys. hope i can get some help. My panasonic inverter starting to give some problems after slightly more than a month from installation.

It emits this foul chemical smell when first turned on and it lasts for maybe 10 minutes before going away. I read that this is mildew? Can anyone give me some insight to this? Many thanks

iantao99

Reaction score
Daikin Inverter system 2, 18k+9k btu

Hi guys,

Was offered Daikin Inverter system 2, 18k+9k btu (3MKS71ESG / FTKS25DVM + FTKS50DVM) for $2700 with installation using existing pipes.

Is this a good deal? Any comments?

Thx in advance!

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Melankholy,

Are you a daily user and the windows in your room are seldom opened or have you just painted your room/house? The aircon circulates the air in the room. So the filters might absorb the smell in the room itself if not ventilated.

Condensation from the aircon might also cause molding which in turn lead to odor. Your unit was installed slightly more than a month so I would suppose chances of molding is reduced.

Do try to clean the filters, open the windows, leave your aircon on fan mode/high speed and leave it to run for 2-3 hours/day for a week or so and see if it helps to get rid of the smell.

If the odor is still there then maybe it time to have your unit checked.
As your unit should still be under general warranty, it is better that you have your installer come back to do the check for you. They should be able to advise the next step moving forward.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

hi guys. hope i can get some help. My panasonic inverter starting to give some problems after slightly more than a month from installation.

It emits this foul chemical smell when first turned on and it lasts for maybe 10 minutes before going away. I read that this is mildew? Can anyone give me some insight to this? Many thanks

terumo

Reaction score
To iantao99,

If use back existing piping, i tink its a bit on the high side for the quote.

blackened

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

heard from a fren that AC deals at All Best at Rivervale mall quite decent, anyone got experience with them b4?

i'll most likely be getting a sys 4, and my main concern is the installation workmanship..

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think I'm that blind but how come I don't see Daikin in Harvey Norman, Best Denki, Courts or the other major electronic chains?

I see all other brands be it LG or Panasonic or Mitsubishi just not Daikin. I thought Daikin was good? Like that if I want to buy Daikin then go to where to buy?

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Any good contractor and good price for System 4 Fujitsu air-con ? For my new BTO in Punggol.

terumo

Reaction score
To derrickgoh,

My personal thinking, as to why those electronic chains promote brands like Fujistu/Mit Hvy Ind, Media etc...
Is cos their selling price is low, Daikin/Toshiba selling price is the highest among all the brands.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
To derrickgoh,

My personal thinking, as to why those electronic chains promote brands like Fujistu/Mit Hvy Ind, Media etc...
Is cos their selling price is low, Daikin/Toshiba selling price is the highest among all the brands.

Fujitsu / MIT Hvy Ind & Media not long lasting wow.

Even some Aircon shop they sell those brand but also never recommended.

slasml

Reaction score
Hi people
Heard from GC that there is a new Mit starmex series launching soon
Anyone had wind of it?

Been waiting but this is my back up plan

System 4
MXY-4A38VA
MSY-GE10VA (x3)
MSY-GE24VA

anyone having this setup and isnt entirely satisfied?
anyone has good lobang?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.