Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone has experience with the new LG Art Cool aircon? I like the design and it offers wireless connectivity for smart features.

GC is offering the LG System 4 with 3 x 9000btu and 1 x 24000btu @ $4259. On top, they are throwing in free 5 yrs warranty, LG air purifier and $150 debit Mastercard.

Seems like everyone is buying Mitsubishi Starmex but I find their design a bit dated. Is it wise to go for LG?

Mitsubishi dun have outdated
399851C6-2BF8-4871-9A8F-7C081EA7047C_zpscquz2dbh.jpg

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quoted $3150 for invertor mitsubishi system 3 from my regular aircon installer/service...
is it reasonable?

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday just ordered Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4 (3x9k + 1x24k btu) at $3799.. which i think is good price.. ;)

Michellepvs

Reaction score
Any good contractor and good price for System 4 Fujitsu air-con ? For my new BTO in Punggol.

Hi,

If you want to install system 4 why you not consider Mitsubishi Starmex. Mitsubishi is now popular and hot in market and it spec is same like fujitsu. For my personal is strongly recommend Mitsubishi, it is because Fujitsu brand is abit difficult to do servicing, some aircon company will charge general servicing even more expensive than other brand. If you don mind you can contact Scott@97296888, he will explain to you what is the different and you may get a quote from him, he is experience and honestly give you advise what is best for you and his price is reasonable.

Obscurity

Reaction score
Hi,

If you want to install system 4 why you not consider Mitsubishi Starmex. Mitsubishi is now popular and hot in market and it spec is same like fujitsu. For my personal is strongly recommend Mitsubishi, it is because Fujitsu brand is abit difficult to do servicing, some aircon company will charge general servicing even more expensive than other brand. If you don mind you can contact Scott@97296888, he will explain to you what is the different and you may get a quote from him, he is experience and honestly give you advise what is best for you and his price is reasonable.

But does it mean fujitsu is not a gd aircon?

Michellepvs

Reaction score
But does it mean fujitsu is not a gd aircon?

No, i not mean that it is not good. Actually all brand are good but depends how you like the outlook and most important is easy to maintain and do servicing. Fujitsu aircon's water tray cannot dimantle do wash, so it may need to take more time and use brush to clean so some aircon team may charge more expensive abit for servicing than other brand because it really need to take more time to clean.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To tk,

If with new piping, its reasonable.
Where you got it from?

Yup, with new piping, removable of old system 3 & pipes, k-flex class 0 insulation, 23gauge piping etc... but not including bracket for compressor.. Got it from best tech at furnituremall..

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
quoted $3150 for invertor mitsubishi system 3 from my regular aircon installer/service...
is it reasonable?

Where u quote it , something expansive, new install or replace new.

I got mine from AllBest MIT starmex system 3 + replace old unit and new bracket below 3k.

Last edited:

Obscurity

Reaction score
No, i not mean that it is not good. Actually all brand are good but depends how you like the outlook and most important is easy to maintain and do servicing. Fujitsu aircon's water tray cannot dimantle do wash, so it may need to take more time and use brush to clean so some aircon team may charge more expensive abit for servicing than other brand because it really need to take more time to clean.

Oh ic.. cos i just bought a fujitsu aircon + 5 years warranty for aircon unit, motor n compressor with removal of old unit and reroute casing. 3130 + 130 for bracket

I didn't take or even consider Mitsubishi cos of my experience with it. The aircon broke down on us twice in a span of 3 years n we still have to pay to repair it even though under warranty. Nt cheap either each repair costed nearly 1 k 😂😂😂

Last edited:

urbanlegend9

Reaction score
hi bros,

just wondering any of you keen in system 2 mitsubishi starmex electric inverter series need to let go as i recently just upgrade to sys 3 any bros out there can guide me on what to do ? its 100% working condition looks very new as i just installed 2-3 years back ...

Model: MSXY-GA10VA
Capacity: 2.5 kW
Noise Level: 21 - 36 dB(A) (Indoor Unit)

SG_Jimmy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best aircon piping for HDB is 3/4 arma flex or 1/2? A aircon company said no1 use 3/4 for HDB.

What other pipe & wiring quality i need to take note of?

- 3/4 inch Armaflex <-- can it be use for HDB ?
class "O" insulation <-- which class insulation is the best ?
- G23 copper pipe <-- is what copper pipe is the best ?
- 16mm drainage pvc pipe <-- is 16mm good or there is better ?

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To SG_Jimmy,

Usually 1/2 is good enough for HDB.
3/4 is overkill & ur trunking will be very big.
Class 1 & Class 0 is referring to their heat insulating properties, redundant in aircon matters.
G22 will be better.
16mm is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.