Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michellepvs

Reaction score
To SG_Jimmy,

Usually 1/2 is good enough for HDB.
3/4 is overkill & ur trunking will be very big.
Class 1 & Class 0 is referring to their heat insulating properties, redundant in aircon matters.
G22 will be better.
16mm is good enough.

Agreed with terumo. if 3/4 then u can see very big trunking in your house.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought a Sharp System 3 @$2399 at All Best Tampines.

The guy also recommended Toshiba (Made in Japan) at $2999. He says both is faster cooling than Starmex and more energy-saving. And Starmex made in Thailand.

dont be fooled by the faster cooling demo, it feels that way because the toshiba starts up in high power mode

terumo

Reaction score
For inverter, usually they start in low power aka low hertz/speed mode.
That's why energy consumption is low.
The lower the speed, the lower the energy consumed.
The compressor speed will depends on a few factors.
1. Temp setting on remotes.
2. Room temp.
3. Feedback from air sensors & thermistor.
4. Outdoor (compressor) temp.

For sys 3, if u on 1 unit, it will run in low speed.
For sys 3, if u on all 3 units @ the same time & set to 18 degrees, the compressor will run @ high speed aka full load.
(That's where the NEA rating scheme comes in, the part & full load thingy which leads to the number of ticks awarded, max 5 ticks)

Actually, if both brands fancoil/outdoor unit btu is the same, the cooling rate should be +/- 10-20% similar.
What matters more is the reliability, after sales service by the brand agent & of cos, the workmanship of the installer.

(IMO)

Last edited:

Leonhyphen

Reaction score
No, i not mean that it is not good. Actually all brand are good but depends how you like the outlook and most important is easy to maintain and do servicing. Fujitsu aircon's water tray cannot dimantle do wash, so it may need to take more time and use brush to clean so some aircon team may charge more expensive abit for servicing than other brand because it really need to take more time to clean.

Those who tell your aircon difficult to service and wanna charge extra are conman. Most of the reputable companies will charge you based on the quantity of fancoil that you need to service. NOT THE BRAND.

Leonhyphen

Reaction score
hi guys. hope i can get some help. My panasonic inverter starting to give some problems after slightly more than a month from installation.

It emits this foul chemical smell when first turned on and it lasts for maybe 10 minutes before going away. I read that this is mildew? Can anyone give me some insight to this? Many thanks

Nothing to worry about as the smell is not harmful. That's common for models that come with ionizer. Some ppl can smell it, some don't.

Shenalle

Reaction score
Hello! just wanna ask if the price i was quoted is gd. For system 4 mitsubishi starmax

- MSY-GE10VA X4 (MBR, bedroom 2 , bedroom 3 , Living/dinning area)
- MXY-4A28VA

i was quoted $3900. which also includes all the upgrades, namely the 1/2'' Insulator and the copper pipe guage 22. It also includes 2 time installation trip ( i dont know why but he said usually they take 2 trips to install and some give additional charges for the second trip**hidden cost i guess :s11:)

Is the quote cheap/reasonable? btw my new hse is a 5rm and i was thinking since my living room is bigger wld the msy-ge10va be engh to cool the living and dinning room? Thanks in advance! :D:D

Last edited:

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! just wanna ask if the price i was quoted is gd. For system 4 mitsubishi starmax

- MSY-GE10VA X4 (MBR, bedroom 2 , bedroom 3 , Living/dinning area)
- MXY-4A28VA

i was quoted $3900. which also includes all the upgrades, namely the 1/2'' Insulator and the copper pipe guage 22. It also includes 2 time installation trip ( i dont know why but he said usually they take 2 trips to install and some give additional charges for the second trip**hidden cost i guess :s11:)

Is the quote cheap/reasonable? btw my new hse is a 5rm and i was thinking since my living room is bigger wld the msy-ge10va be engh to cool the living and dinning room? Thanks in advance! :D:D

how big is your living room?

terumo

Reaction score
To Shenalle,

As per tk suggestion, 24k will be better.
9k is super undersized & ur living/dining room unit will not get cool @ all.

Shenalle

Reaction score
Ooh ohk. Thanks for the suggestion tk and terumo! :D By the way is the price quoted reasonable?

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best to use fan when first turn on Aircon to cool room

Fan will help circulate the cool air quickly

After some time, can switch off fan

jjunlimit

Reaction score
Was quoted $3799 for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Sys 4
- 1 * Mit HI condenser @ 34k BTU
- 1 * Aircon @ 24k BTU
- 3 * Aircon @ 9k BTU
- Free Yamato Japan 3/8"
- 23 SWG Copper Coils
- Piping limit 60metres; additional at $10 per metre
- R410A

SG_Jimmy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This quote okay?

Screenshot_2014-11-15-22-22-35_zps2yghkau_edit_1416061529622.png_zps7n2wnzmr.jpeg

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi SG_Jimmy,

You can choice Mitsubishi starmex instead of heavy industrial. Outlook more nice:)

but the Mitsubishi electric starmex condenser is smaller btu than the Mitsubishi heavy industry one leh.. may feel a difference if switching on more fancoil units at same time..

Michellepvs

Reaction score
but the Mitsubishi electric starmex condenser is smaller btu than the Mitsubishi heavy industry one leh.. may feel a difference if switching on more fancoil units at same time..

TK,

ya agreed too. But if more concern outlook, then starmex more beautiful....hahahah, i m exterior person but u r right too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.