SMU ppl come ah!

josephineloh

Reaction score
FYP HELP !!

HIHI!

We are SP Y3 students doing FYP. We need respondents from 20-55 to help us with a survey regarding eggs. It is really important and we would be very grateful for your help. THANKSSS!

docs.google.com/forms/d/1vs6_OXJItnIYPEbg4JHaFeOYiyzLT7tHfPm3SRc_8Qc/viewform

lisabnat

Reaction score
Resume/ Interview Doctor (Our Career Paths)

Hello,

We've been helping out some of my close friends/ classmates with their resumes/ interviews in order for them to secure internships and full time jobs.

Some previous successful cases:

Case 1: guidance with a student through an interview process for internship. Together with mock interviews conducted. Student has offers from HSBC and Citibank. (internship)

Case 2: guidance for resume, cover letter and interview process for full time role. including sourcing of jobs for the student. student managed to secure an interview and a job with one of the big 4 accounting firms. (full time)

Case 3: guidance for interview with oil and gas firm. candidate successfully received employment. (full time)

Other cases: career, industry discussion based on skill sets and personality.

If you are interested in knowing where to go from here, whether you are a student, recent graduate, or want to know various job scopes for entry-level roles. We are more than happy to offer you the much needed, unbiased, independent advice tailored to your needs.

If you are interested in repackaging your resume,cover letter making it more HR-friendly, leaving a deeper impact and impression, do write to us as well. (including interviews)

Impt Note:
We're doing this on a pro-bono basis for now. So fire away. :)
Due to high email flow, we might take some time to reply to your emails. It will be great if you can leave your contact number as well. :)

Send your resumes/ cover letters/ questions to ourcareerpaths@gmail.com

andtaj

Reaction score
:D WTS SMU TEXTBOOKS!!!

1) Managerial Accounting
Noreen, Garrison
ISBN: 9780071115506
Bent cover but no markings in book!
Price: $10

2) Accounting Information Systems (AISE) for Gelinas/Dull's Accounting Information Systems, 7th Edition
Ulric Gelinas; Richard Dull
ISBN: 9780324378832
As good as brand new! Extremely minimal highlights! Wrapped with plastic cover!
Price: $30

3) Advanced Management Accounting
Hwang Soo Chiat
ISBN: 9789810684518
Good quality with highlights! Wrapped with plastic cover!
Price: $15

4) Cost Accounting: International Version: A Managerial Emphasis
Charles T. Horngren, George Foster, Srikant M. Datar, Madhav Rajan, Chris Ittner
ISBN: 9780131355583
Great quality with minimal highlights! Wrapped with plastic cover!
Price: $15

5) The Management of Strategy Concepts, International Edition
HITT/IRELAND/HOSKISSON
ISBN: 9780538753210
Good quality with minimal highlights!
Price: $20

6) Understanding Organizational Behavior
Debra Nelson
ISBN: 9780324423020
Brand new! No markings, no torn pages! With plastic cover!
Price: $30

PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED! :D

lisabnat

Reaction score
Pro Bono Career Advice

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your emails. :)
We have received an overwhelming response!

Popular topics:
- How can I edit my resume to stand out?
- What kinda job will fit my personality?
- What questions should I ask during an interview for a particular company?
- If I do not want to go into big 4 or banks, what other MNCs, industries can I look at?

Despite having to work extra hard to reply all the emails, we are more than willing to help you if you think you require any advice. Forgive us we if take some time. :) We are doing it in chronological order.

Regards,
Our Career Paths
~Pro Bono Career Advice~

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I strongly believed that a student that is going to or have graduate with a tertiary education will not be so incompetent to write his/her resume & etc for employment that resort to find services without proven credits in forums. Are you kidding us with 'Overwhelming Email Response'?

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your emails. :)
We have received an overwhelming response!

Popular topics:
- How can I edit my resume to stand out?
- What kinda job will fit my personality?
- What questions should I ask during an interview for a particular company?
- If I do not want to go into big 4 or banks, what other MNCs, industries can I look at?

Despite having to work extra hard to reply all the emails, we are more than willing to help you if you think you require any advice. Forgive us we if take some time. :) We are doing it in chronological order.

Regards,
Our Career Paths
~Pro Bono Career Advice~

vampure

Reaction score
fml VPN kicks me out at the 57 minute mark, does it happen to anyone else?

mac user here

xxlxxlxxl

Reaction score
egvonr.jpg

Visit SIM Investment & Networking Club » Forex Trading Competition.

xXxMURDERxXx

Master Member
Reaction score
smu ftb camp can skip one? i heard those ppl you meet will not be your future classmates and mostly if not all will just become hi-bye friends in campus

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
smu ftb camp can skip one? i heard those ppl you meet will not be your future classmates and mostly if not all will just become hi-bye friends in campus

to some extend lah, u still can build friendship with some especially those in yr faculty

mushopea

Reaction score
:D

hey guys, i'm a computing student from NUS and i'm doing a module on computer ethics - please help out with our survey! we don't care if you don't put your real name and email.^^;

the survey is on privacy and social media!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QlJbfIoNJIl2tiIDnenbF2i-YSzYROvBaS97zNNBQm0/viewform

any responses will be greatly appreciated because our prof screwed us over and we had to find another prof to mentor us, and now we're weeks late :( thanks guys.

wertwert

Reaction score
Hi guys what website do you guys use to buy/sell your textbooks now? Used to use sgtextbooks when i was still in smu but it seems dead now.

xxlxxlxxl

Reaction score
aori88.jpg

Youth Financial Symposium 2015 (Financial Week)

Registration for YFS Financial Week day 3 is now open!

Expect to meet Damodaran, a Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University, as well as Derek Heng, a Management Associate of finexis advisory who has conducted numerous seminars locally and overseas.

Head over to our seminars on 14th January 2015 to learn more! Register at YFS Financial Week Day 3- Eventbrite

Venue: SIM HQ LT.B.2.06

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.