Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakinclown

Reaction score
Thanks Qubicfactor. Will try the going to the service menu. Anyone knows if any remote will do? This TV only came with the smart touch remote and not the regular remote with buttons. Tried 6 ways to enter the service menu with it to no avail. So I either go buy a samsung remote control or a universal one?

I wouldn't recommend you getting an original samsung remote control because it'll be more expensive. Getting a universal one usually costs less than $20.

There is not much difference in quality compared to the original one, and its buttons on it are exactly the same as the original. You can text/whatsapp me at 8138-5015 if you are interested in getting one. My dad has been in this line for >30 years :)

freakinclown

Reaction score
thanks for info.

old tv - checked.
dvb-t2 receiver - checked.
25db antenna - checked.
signal - failed! :(

haha you can try putting your antenna near the windows to see if you can receive any signal. if not, you'll probably need to wait for awhile more..

diediex

Reaction score
Hi guys, do television nowadays come with no UHF/VHF(cable) input? I plugged in the Coaxial cable from the wall into my starhub setup box and run a Hdmi to Hdmi to my first TV.

I just bought a TV without a UHF/VHF input again. I am running a coaxial output from my digital setup box and have to use a converter to convert it to the old school antenna cable before connecting to my 2nd TV, causing it to be very grainy :(

Edit: nvm ignore this post. I solved the problem alrdy

Last edited:

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for info.

old tv - checked.
dvb-t2 receiver - checked.
25db antenna - checked.
signal - failed! :(

not sure what antenna you are using, but if you are using one of those powered types that come in a set with the receiver, make sure that the setting for active antenna is set to on in the receiver menu, otherwise you won't get anything.

The setting allows the receiver to know that the antenna connected needs power to be sent via the antenna cable.

SpinTop

Reaction score
my antenna is only 2 long wires, i can pickup all the 7 channels. strength at 15% but that is good enough to watch already. the beauty of digital signal :). i at bedok low floor.

I only can't pickup okto and channel u but can't pickup cna lol

edm_11

Reaction score
I stay in Sengkang and could not get any signal lol

Just bought a samsung UA40H5500 and the Wavecom ANT-T19 Digital Indoor DVB-T2 TV Antenna

Connected but could not receive anything. My tv is located in my room and placing it near the window is almost impossible cos only 1 small side window.

Any help on getting digital tv? my room not connected to mio or starhub only living room.

Even if i want to place the antenna near window also cannot. Too short.

Am i doing correctly? Connect antenna to my tv antenna socket, then connect powerline to my tv usb to power the antenna. No need to connect to wall plug antenna right?

koalabear2010

Reaction score
Your TV spec

DTV Tuner: DVB-T/C
Analog Tuner: Yes
MHP / MHEG / HbbTV / ACAP / GINGA / OHTV: N/A

Can DVB-T/C turner use DVB-T2 anenna ?

edm_11

Reaction score
I'm not sure. But it has the Digital tv ready sticker so i assume all i need is an antenna. So i went qoo to get one. So i have the wrong antenna? WHat antenna do you think would work?

edm_11

Reaction score
Its ok bro. Just that i think i have all the equipment but cannot receive. Last resort is put near window but antenna not long enough.

Or get this instead?

DAIYO HD DIGITAL INDOOR ANTENNA EU1702

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.