The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sogatda

Reaction score
DC is kinda oily and NOT easy to wash off using a household brand shampoo. (dove, pantene, etc) Need to use expensive shampoo like pote/kanebo then can wash off cleanly in 1 press. GD is still the best of the 3 imo, strong & matte. Silver fox is jus a slighty shinier gd, less matte and is a cool gray in color (#wow). DC doesn't live up to its expectations, its like trying to replicate quicksand but don't quite cut it imo.

By vilain waxes work better for ang mor hair, it doesn't really suit asian 100%.
Unless u have really good hair foundation, no matter how pro your styling skill also super hard to even achieve certain styles in those slikhaar youtube vids.

I find that hanz de fuko products are like the in between by vilain products and bro tpj's styling products. It seems to work equally well on both ang mor and asian hair with some amazing results. Quicksand (easiest clay to achieve volume), claymation(fragrance free + ultimate pliable hold), modify pomade(sick scent + one of the easiest to style & wash off pomade) are their signature items.

if you looking for by vilain stuff, look for gaoxing bro (FB: Hair Broducts)
else if u looking for what's best for average sg male hair, look for tpj bro (theprettyjerk.com)
else if u looking for hanz de fuko - hairyportal.com

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DC is kinda oily and NOT easy to wash off using a household brand shampoo. (dove, pantene, etc) Need to use expensive shampoo like pote/kanebo then can wash off cleanly in 1 press. GD is still the best of the 3 imo, strong & matte. Silver fox is jus a slighty shinier gd, less matte and is a cool gray in color (#wow). DC doesn't live up to its expectations, its like trying to replicate quicksand but don't quite cut it imo.

By vilain waxes work better for ang mor hair, it doesn't really suit asian 100%.
Unless u have really good hair foundation, no matter how pro your styling skill also super hard to even achieve certain styles in those slikhaar youtube vids.

I find that hanz de fuko products are like the in between by vilain products and bro tpj's styling products. It seems to work equally well on both ang mor and asian hair with some amazing results. Quicksand (easiest clay to achieve volume), claymation(fragrance free + ultimate pliable hold), modify pomade(sick scent + one of the easiest to style & wash off pomade) are their signature items.

if you looking for by vilain stuff, look for gaoxing bro (FB: Hair Broducts)
else if u looking for what's best for average sg male hair, look for tpj bro (theprettyjerk.com)
else if u looking for hanz de fuko - hairyportal.com

its good to be back.
anyway to clarify.
Dynamite Clay is not trying to replicate the HdF quicksand. Its trying to be as good or not better than the old Sebastian Xtah clay. The dynamite clay is not even soft or sandy to begin with, so direct comparison with quicksand is not viable. However so, comparing creating volume wise, i feel the clay can do a better job as its dry, quicksand is kinda wet and soft. Coming from the pioneer batch that actually uses it. Its good when in dry climate, works magically but in Singapore, humid weather, the quicksand turns out to be oily and barely any hold. Volume wise, i don't see it creating much as it soft, unless you blow dry with it, maybe volume is there. But end of the day, it becomes real soft and oily.

To compare to dynamite clay, the competitor will be claymation but claymation hold is kinda crap. lol i used it and compared with dynamite clay, end of the day, the claymation ends up like the quicksand. That's why i gave up on the HdF product entirely. I still have the modify pomade which i consider best out of the entire HdF range. Smells damn awesome man.

Actually by vilain wax suits our climate, because its dry and able to retain hold. HdF not so (i have used the entire range of HdF styling products btw). Styling wise, even with super straight hair and tough, with proper skills and practice, you can replicate those ang moh hair but don't expect it to be soft and fluffy. you can replicate the curl that they have using a curl brush and hair dryer.

nowadays, i tend to use dynamite clay and sidekick combo daily. Works well for me. I am not having long hair now. more of a short quiff with certain amount of curl. the hold last the entire day, no fixated spray needed. I can touch my hair whenever i want and hold remains.

as for shampoo wise, given the strong properties of the wax, you have to use professional products.
Maybe can try something call qinye. heard its quite good from a friend but i never try before. quite cheap.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is dynamite clay dryer than GD and SF?
because i feel GD and SF are too dry and results in me plucking a lot of hair out when styling.
Will DC cause a lot of hair to be plucked out as well?
And how's the hold like compared to gd/sf?

slightly dryer but easier to apply.
your hair roots not strong enough i think.
hold wise depends what style you do.
works great with short quiff.
not those comb back style or pomp though

sogatda

Reaction score
thanks bro for the correction on DC. i think its our hair type, sometimes when we compare waxes and we feel a certain wax seems to works better, somehow, for different ppl. might depend on factors such as usage freq, hairstyle, individual skill,etc though so ya.

can anyone show off their sg version of short quiff and combback pls..the angmor ones too atas looking and seem to need alot of prepratoru time.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bro for the correction on DC. i think its our hair type, sometimes when we compare waxes and we feel a certain wax seems to works better, somehow, for different ppl. might depend on factors such as usage freq, hairstyle, individual skill,etc though so ya.

can anyone show off their sg version of short quiff and combback pls..the angmor ones too atas looking and seem to need alot of prepratoru time.

paging for gx kor kor short quiff ;);)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

comb back? i think i posted before.
short quiff ah, tmr lo. see can post anot.
it's quite simple to do. 10mis or less can settle. including pre styling and blow dry.
the key is not too neat, alittle messy is good.

strezzor

Reaction score
nowadays, i tend to use dynamite clay and sidekick combo daily. Works well for me. I am not having long hair now. more of a short quiff with certain amount of curl. the hold last the entire day, no fixated spray needed. I can touch my hair whenever i want and hold remains.

Bro, does sidekick weigh the hair down? I have OS SSS now and I realised that it actually weighs my hair down more than when I don't use it. Gives you an idea of how limp and lifeless my hair is

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, does sidekick weigh the hair down? I have OS SSS now and I realised that it actually weighs my hair down more than when I don't use it. Gives you an idea of how limp and lifeless my hair is

hmm.. it should not i guess. maybe you spray too much?

Cracked

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in my mid-20s, hair is already starting to thin out. Would love to rock a pomp, but alas that is no longer possible. So I am thinking of going with a shorter cut, more specifically a caesar cut (eg: https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1137&bih=714&dpr=0.9#imgdii=_)

The problem is, I can't seem to control my hair when it's that short. It tends to want to stick out (like a durian lol). I tried applying wax or mousse onto it, but it just ends up weighting down the hair too much making it look flat and limpy.

Any suggestions?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in my mid-20s, hair is already starting to thin out. Would love to rock a pomp, but alas that is no longer possible. So I am thinking of going with a shorter cut, more specifically a caesar cut (eg: https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1137&bih=714&dpr=0.9#imgdii=_)

The problem is, I can't seem to control my hair when it's that short. It tends to want to stick out (like a durian lol). I tried applying wax or mousse onto it, but it just ends up weighting down the hair too much making it look flat and limpy.

Any suggestions?
Mousse making it weighed down? Perhaps you're using too much? Or you can try OS sss. Always use that to tame my hair's puffiness.

yamapi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any product to intro that is similar to Quicksand in terms of its high hold and dry matte finish? I don't like the smell of Quicksand :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does dynamite clay or gold digger work well with fine hair? Gonna perm my hair for the new year so does it work for permed hair?

With permed hair, any products should work very well with it. So yup, me too believe that vilain products should work well too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, I'll stick to TPJ's products for now

Great to hear that the products are still meeting your expectations! But it is always good to switch around different brands to understand whats good, whats bad for u too! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's a good hair wax that holds well and provides a some satin sheen?

Actually, there are a lot of different options to look at. Besides SF that gx bro mentioned, u can also try out vifa molding clay too. Vifa molding clay comes w strong hold in the form of soft clay. Accompanied w slight shine which also allows high level of pliability and washability. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.