Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird33

Reaction score
Not sure if you will use full value of jr pass if only going hakuba, from hyperdia is bout 10k yen per trip to hakuba, so with return is 20k yen ~ 220 sgd. Jr Pass is about ~300ish iirc.

Cant try cancelling? Why dw plan the ski mobile for a future trip? Can always return to japan again :s13::s13:

I will go other places with the jr pass, like jigokudani and Okushima island at Hiroshima, gf want to see rabbit.. Zz.

Want to Chiong all the places ma.. If not I think all 10 days in Tokyo not fun one. And I'm not into theme parks also.. 3 days outside Tokyo, 7 days back in Tokyo for shopping, quite enough ba.

I think Expedia allows me to cancel. But if cancel hard to find another hotel for about the same price and near to train liao.. About $140 per night at Shimbashi sunroute hotel.

Edit: just realized snow monkey is very close to hakuba and they offer a one day tour of snowmobile+snow monkey. Probably gonna get that. Asking Expedia now whether they can cancel 2 days of the hotel instead, so first 2 days will be at hakuba hotel

Last edited:

arhjaye

Reaction score
I will go other places with the jr pass, like jigokudani and Okushima island at Hiroshima, gf want to see rabbit.. Zz.

Want to Chiong all the places ma.. If not I think all 10 days in Tokyo not fun one. And I'm not into theme parks also.. 3 days outside Tokyo, 7 days back in Tokyo for shopping, quite enough ba.

I think Expedia allows me to cancel. But if cancel hard to find another hotel for about the same price and near to train liao.. About $140 per night at Shimbashi sunroute hotel.

Edit: just realized snow monkey is very close to hakuba and they offer a one day tour of snowmobile+snow monkey. Probably gonna get that. Asking Expedia now whether they can cancel 2 days of the hotel instead, so first 2 days will be at hakuba hotel

really damn chiong sia :eek: im guessing okunoshima also day trip???

Bluebird33

Reaction score
really damn chiong sia :eek: im guessing okunoshima also day trip???

Yes. 5+ hours to get there.. I think go there see rabbit don't really need that much time, should be able to get on the 6pm train back to Tokyo on the same day.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will in traveling to Hokkaido in Feb .
Is there any place ( walking distance ) near JR stations that I can shoot photo with snow & train only ( esp steam locomotive ) from a high position?
Thanks.

skyblood

Reaction score
is this feasible for 1 day in kyoto ? is there places that i should also include inside ?

1130: Arashiyama

Temples to visit :
1330: Fushimi Inari

Kiyomizudera

Higashiyama streets

1800: Leave Kyoto for Osaka

Alternative Itinerary for Kyoto
Kinkakuji - Golden Pavilion

Toei Kyoto Studio Park

Gion (Geisha district)

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this feasible for 1 day in kyoto ? is there places that i should also include inside ?

1130: Arashiyama

Temples to visit :
1330: Fushimi Inari

Kiyomizudera

Higashiyama streets

1800: Leave Kyoto for Osaka

Alternative Itinerary for Kyoto
Kinkakuji - Golden Pavilion

Toei Kyoto Studio Park

Gion (Geisha district)
should be ok...

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw quite a number of guys carry those small sling bag/pouch. Wonder where to get one

Reaction score
Hi, I will be heading to Tokyo for 6 days. Will be mainly traveling in Tokyo city, but I arranged a day for mt takao and one day for Yokohama.
Do I need to purchase any IC cards? Or I can just simply purchase single tickets, is this cost efficient?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be heading to Tokyo for 6 days. Will be mainly traveling in Tokyo city, but I arranged a day for mt takao and one day for Yokohama.
Do I need to purchase any IC cards? Or I can just simply purchase single tickets, is this cost efficient?

In Tokyo, single tickets have their ticket price rounded up to the nearest 10 yen. So you save some money if you have an IC card. But as you might already know, buying the card has a 500 JPY deposit and only 280 JPY is refundable. The card is valid for 10 years from your last usage...

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Furano a good place to enjoy onsen? Coz I already booked my hotel at sapporo, so it's quite impossible to stay overnight at any ryokens...

I found a few hot spring sides, including the noboribetsu, Jozankei, and lake toya....but since I only visit during daytime, noboribetsu rike nothing to do besides hotspring...
scare jozankei not as good as noboribetsu, lake toya they say difficult to find onsens...

and we really want to visit ningle terrace at furano in the evening, and furano has onsen facility as well, so wanna ask if its good to put them in one day?

or should cater one day to visit norbori/jozan/lake toya....need advice!! thanks

skyblood

Reaction score
i'm still quite confuse with the Japan rail network, i'm using a JR pass, if i'm at Umeda station heading towards namba parks. which station should i alight if i wan to use my JR pass ?
- JR nanba station or nanba station ?
- How to know which station does a JR Tain stop at ?

normancook

Reaction score
any good reccomended Hotel in shinjuku area, price SGD130 - 150 per nite?

any good reliable Mount fuji tour beside from the Sunrise Tours ?

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm still quite confuse with the Japan rail network, i'm using a JR pass, if i'm at Umeda station heading towards namba parks. which station should i alight if i wan to use my JR pass ?
- JR nanba station or nanba station ?
- How to know which station does a JR Tain stop at ?
Jr
Jr pass doesn't work on most of the lines in Tokyo except for jr owned lines in Japan. Can refer to the leaflet given to you...

skyblood

Reaction score
Jr
Jr pass doesn't work on most of the lines in Tokyo except for jr owned lines in Japan. Can refer to the leaflet given to you...

sorry, i need to re-phase my words i'm getting a JR pass so i have not purchase therefore i do not have a leaflet yet. i would like to know which station does a JR train stop at osaka as per my question above, how to find out which stop does a JR train stop at ?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry, i need to re-phase my words i'm getting a JR pass so i have not purchase therefore i do not have a leaflet yet. i would like to know which station does a JR train stop at osaka as per my question above, how to find out which stop does a JR train stop at ?

JR train will stop at JR station.
for most places, the JR station and other metro and subways are just next to each other, so it doesn't really matter

skyblood

Reaction score
JR train will stop at JR station.
for most places, the JR station and other metro and subways are just next to each other, so it doesn't really matter

is there any website/Apps that i can use to see which station holds the specific trains ?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any website/Apps that i can use to see which station holds the specific trains ?

Use Google Map

namba.jpg

Or you can study the Tourist Route map

http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/area/map/railway.pdf

Last edited:

skyblood

Reaction score
Use Google Map

namba.jpg

Or you can study the Tourist Route map

http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/area/map/railway.pdf

i tried studying google map, therefore i'm thinking whether should i take a subway or take a JR train if it is much cheaper considering i need to walk further from Jr namba station. so i can assume i cannot use my Jr pass for any subway other den JR train only which only stop at JR station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.