Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
no wonder i go the CFD broker say I got money, i dont want leverage, i pay cash on the spot they tell me sorry, die die need to pay financing charge

You know how cfd work one or not?

Then both Margin and share borrowing lending account are more suited for you

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
no wonder i go the CFD broker say I got money, i dont want leverage, i pay cash on the spot they tell me sorry, die die need to pay financing charge

think the broker see u vomit blood liao, you don't even know what you is CFD

dun want leverage still go see CFD broker omg

GG max

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
juz a qns..the sc trading account we signed up by default can trade at all diff markets? or only restricted to sg? cos i remb i onli click sgx during sign up wor..like tat how to request to add other markets in hur?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
juz a qns..the sc trading account we signed up by default can trade at all diff markets? or only restricted to sg? cos i remb i onli click sgx during sign up wor..like tat how to request to add other markets in hur?
can trade US, HK markets too
u will need USD and HKD

to store those USD and HKD, you need to setup USD and HKD account with them

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Up for this question.

I requested mine to have access to US and SG market first. But I see a list of markets on the drop down list besides those two that I'm interested in.

Bedokian

Reaction score

Up for this question.

I requested mine to have access to US and SG market first. But I see a list of markets on the drop down list besides those two that I'm interested in.

IIRC, for addition of markets, you have to go down to SCB in person and open them with the RM.

Soul77

Reaction score
Up for this question.

Last time I just go to the branch, sign some forms to open other markets.
Then after few days, you'll see those markets in your online account

flikmy

Reaction score
Just appeared on bloomberg. Not sure how reliable it is:

"Standard Chartered Said to Shut Global Equities Business"

Not sure if this will affect their online trading accounts

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i only see this news on bloomberg
---

Standard Chartered Plans to Cut 11% of Malaysia Jobs

Standard Chartered Plc, the London-based lender that generates most of its earnings in Asia, plans to reduce headcount in Malaysia by 11 percent, according to a memo obtained by Bloomberg News.

The job cuts, to take place during the first quarter, will affect workers in teams including retail-client business and brand and marketing, the memo shows. Standard Chartered declined to comment on human resource matters in an e-mailed response.

“We are realigning staff and resources to meet the changing needs of our clients,” the company said. “Investing in better technology is a key element of our strategy which will see us moving quickly to adopt more digital and mobile channels that will allow our clients to enjoy easy and convenient banking solutions.”

Chief Executive Officer Peter Sands, who turns 53 tomorrow, is targeting about $400 million of cost savings this year as he tries to reverse profit declines. In the internal memo, Osman Morad, the Malaysian unit’s head, said the bank needed to “streamline” and invest in digital and mobile services.

To contact the reporters on this story: Choong En Han in Kuala Lumpur at echoong6@bloomberg.net; Chong Pooi Koon in Kuala Lumpur at pchong17@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Paul Panckhurst at ppanckhurst@bloomberg.net Yee Kai Pin, Lars Klemming

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just appeared on bloomberg. Not sure how reliable it is:

"Standard Chartered Said to Shut Global Equities Business"

Not sure if this will affect their online trading accounts

but again, with this no minimun comm scheme for local investors, i guess all or almost stock local investors have flocked to standchart le lah

their singapore equity number shd be huat until blc lahh, which maybe is the reason why they only slash malaysia jobcount and not singapore, so dont worry, maybe they will probably also implement this 'no min commission' deal to malaysia to save their malaysia counterparty too

lets hope for the best

funnycow

Master Member
Reaction score
Exclusive: Standard Chartered to close equities business globally - sources | Reuters

(Reuters) - Standard Chartered is closing its cash equities and equities underwriting businesses, people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Thursday, exiting a division that had struggled for profitability since the bank re-entered the segment in 2010.

The bank will dismantle its stock broking, equity research, and equity listing desks worldwide, the sources said, which will result in more than 200 job cuts, the people added.

Standard Chartered last year said it would target more than $400 million in cost cuts as it seeks to reverse a decline in its profit growth that has put pressure on its longstanding chief executive Peter Sands.

A spokesman for Standard Chartered declined to comment.
(Reporting By Lawrence White; Editing by Rachel Armstrong)

Saw this too, sharing~

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
just wanna add, one thing why i dun use SCB is because i like to attend AGM
lazy to keep shares with SCB then when AGM come have extra admin stuff to do

cheers

flikmy

Reaction score
Doesn't seem very promising at the moment.
If they were to close, question will be how much we will be charged to transfer the shares out.

Maybe I should start consolidating my positions.

eveee99

Reaction score
Doesn't seem very promising at the moment.
If they were to close, question will be how much we will be charged to transfer the shares out.

Maybe I should start consolidating my positions.

The last I check, you pay $10.70 to transfer every 1000 shares to CDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.