Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

platopus

Reaction score
all my lse etfs and NYSE gld, gdx and slv. Feel a bit sian. The others all have $2 custody charge per counter so $12 a month. $144 a year for nothing... , have to think abt it

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
please call 1800-242-5333

i called le, they got no comment, they are aware of the news, management told them decline to comment.

to transfer out of scb to cdp, they dont charge, but cdp charge $10 per counter per 1000 shares cap at $100

lets call and see what they say

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i called le, they got no comment, they are aware of the news, management told them decline to comment.

to transfer out of scb to cdp, they dont charge, but cdp charge $10 per counter per 1000 shares cap at $100

I think can bypass CDP charges and transfer to Philip custodian account...can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think can bypass CDP charges and transfer to Philip custodian account...can anyone confirm?

receiving custodian acct dont charge, it is the delivering custodian that charge, in this case scb.

i just verified with my custodian department :)

platopus

Reaction score
Call Phillip and ask, maybe opening poems later.

Sinkie, cimb got custody charge on NYSE n lse shares?

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
I remember got once someone hao lian to me he got 100++ stocks on SCB, all 1 lot purchase... Like building his own etf... Cant imagine how he is gonna unwind the position

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
receiving custodian acct dont charge, it is the delivering custodian that charge, in this case scb.

i just verified with my custodian department :)

Sinkie, cimb got take LSE shares? And what is the transfer procedure like? First time transferring shares

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

decline to comment means got % chance to close !!!! if not they will just say wont close down !!!!!

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
dun so bad to them mah...they decline to comment because maybe they also scared for their job leh then cannot say much also....close down whole brokerage section, all those working those area also scared to kena retrench mah...

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
dun so bad to them mah...they decline to comment because maybe they also scared for their job leh then cannot say much also....close down whole brokerage section, all those working those area also scared to kena retrench mah...

Let's call together, and share the comments they give

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sinkie, cimb got take LSE shares? And what is the transfer procedure like? First time transferring shares

I just checked with my custodian

For Australia and uk shares, fee charged is $30 usd per counter
For the rest include nyse, sgx, there's no fee charged by cimb

But but but but, Scb will still charge you for handing fee etc

Cimb don't charges anything as of above except Australia and lse shares

This is when transfer between Scb sub custodian and cimb sub custodian

Still recommend you all to transfer back to Cdp for sgx shares, foreign share can still transfer in here.

Last edited:

SakuraDrops

Reaction score
Wat happens if I only have scb as my sole brokerage , shld i open a new brokerage (dbs vickers) asap and transfer ?

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
decline to comment means got % chance to close !!!! if not they will just say wont close down !!!!!

ya... actually management should come out and make a clear statement and not let investors panic

if not closing, I think 100% they should be firm and response by saying not closing

by saying no comments... there's so much uncertainty that makes their customers uncomfortable... also they probably quite busy now, as those scared to die one today see the news already start to unwind or transfer their positions liao

u dun wanna be the last one still looking for a chair when the music ends

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just checked with my custodian

For Australia and uk shares, fee charged is $30 usd per counter
For the rest include nyse, sgx, there's no fee charged by cimb

But but but but, Scb will still charge you for handing fee etc

Cimb don't charges anything as of above except Australia and lse shares

This is when transfer between Scb sub custodian and cimb sub custodian

Still recommend you all to transfer back to Cdp for sgx shares, foreign share can still transfer in here.
Thanks sinkie

I don't have local counters with scb, only LSE counter. Looks like I have to pay the $30.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat happens if I only have scb as my sole brokerage , shld i open a new brokerage (dbs vickers) asap and transfer ?

I think it would be wise to open ASAP, in case you need to transfer SGX stocks to CDP. Otherwise can try CIMB as mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.