Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Woah, don't panic guys. Wait for official confirmation... and keep that backup account :)

Yeah, wait for confirmation lah, u all machiam behaving like Scb is tio Mfglobal like that..

pCJAtay.jpg

Still got hope

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
SCB replied in Facebook that the online trading platform is not affected.

I think that is good news for all,at least for the short term

but looking long term.. their business still not making profits.. so really hard to see them survive for years to come

still safer to diversify (have a few trading accounts), can't really see the downside of having a few accounts hor?

lalalalalala

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Srs and Cpf, is the standard 0.275% and min $25 de

Is same for all brokerages de
ot abit: sinkie are you a broker? if so any difference if i am under u or your collegues? i mainly do diy trading, current broker just sends email blasts every morning

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not same. Poems odd lot trading is $15+ broker fee

Odd lot only 3 brokersge can do; cimb, poems and limtan

Odd lot min is $15 but need manual request though so when u buy sell oddlot, pls call broker to make necessary changes

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ot abit: sinkie are you a broker? if so any difference if i am under u or your collegues? i mainly do diy trading, current broker just sends email blasts every morning

ehh, if you don't mind just pm me lor, I'm good

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think that is good news for all,at least for the short term

but looking long term.. their business still not making profits.. so really hard to see them survive for years to come

still safer to diversify (have a few trading accounts), can't really see the downside of having a few accounts hor?

Don't worry, I just asked my Scb rm, this retailer equity biz still can be used, but she can't guaranteed if the "no min comm" scheme will still be applicable or not in the near future but will let me know if there's any changes

Apparently there will be 2 rounds of retrenchment, today is jus the first round nia, a few are already "starting" to look around

pCJAtay.jpg

Csb applies

Last edited:

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry, I just asked my Scb rm, this retailer equity biz still can be used, but she can't guaranteed if the "no min comm" scheme will still be applicable or not in the near future but will let me know if there's any changes

Apparently there will be 2 rounds of retrenchment, today is jus the first round nia, a few are already "starting" to look around

Csb applies

wah shag, today first round nia ah.. can't imagine second round... poor singaporeans being jobless soon... now financial industry really is eat grass sia

i read that remisiers earnings average 1k nia.. dunno the newspaper article zhun or not

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'll just open with cimb since its link to cdp and SRS.

Yeah, just open online lor, then choose and select for them to send u the foms, together with a return envelope with all your details filled in, then just sign n mail back at your convenience within 1 month time. Then just take photo of your ic, back and front and upload or email them to complete once u received the form.

Or else download n print forms damn mafan also..

Last edited:

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just open online lor, then choose and select for them to send u the foms, together with a return envelope with all your details filled in, then just sign n mail back at your convenience within 1 month time. Then just take photo of your ic, back and front and upload or email them to complete once u received the form.

Or else download n print forms damn mafan also..

I probably just drop by since I work nearby. Thanks for the info.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do you get a commission even if the client does his own trading online?

Yeah, u diy trade, we do still have % shares of it one.. Brokers are mainly just to bear risk only also.. Don't worry lah..

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a small small staff nia lahh..

actually i am curious, whats the diff between a trading rep, broker, remisier and dealer? i'm asking because i recently requested to change my broker, and the brokerage firm told me that its not possible to change broker? somehow long and short of it, I eventually managed to change my trading rep, and not the broker or remisier.

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
actually i am curious, whats the diff between a trading rep, broker, remisier and dealer? i'm asking because i recently requested to change my broker, and the brokerage firm told me that its not possible to change broker? somehow long and short of it, I eventually managed to change my trading rep, and not the broker or remisier.

those with mas license is called trading representative (TR), it can be a house dealer or a remisier

generally remisier is self employed (do own business)
while house dealer draws a salary from the company (employee)

Tloslm

Master Member
Reaction score
Just open the trading account and use your normal POSB or UOB for shares payment

Then seperately you can also open a cimb star saver to enjoy the cash upfront trading with shares goes into cdp at 0.18%/$18 buy

hi

At CIMB

If sell before T+3 is how much commission?

If sell after T+3 is how much commission ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.