Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Will those popular ryokan normally be fully booked during march period?
dk how to book :s22:
wanna stay in ryokan in miyajima and maybe kyoto
then airbnb in osaka

March is more popular bah, so harder to book. Feb is relatively easy.

Just go to the website of the ryokan u want and send them a email. I did that for my booking for Iwaso. Emailed them in english :)

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
March is more popular bah, so harder to book. Feb is relatively easy.

Just go to the website of the ryokan u want and send them a email. I did that for my booking for Iwaso. Emailed them in english :)

Thanks
That made things a lot easier 😂

patgoh28

Reaction score
May I know what is the cheapest fare your manage to get for last year (2014) to Tokyo? Not budget airline but the normal carrier. Because wondering should I wait for promo fare by ANA or JAL or SQ before booking my flight for June'15 holidays. I have like 6 adults and 2 children.

I have just booked with SQ per adult is $800 nett. Sin-Tokyo & Osaka-Sin

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey Can/Japan experts, have any of you travelled to Fukui before? Any affordable accommodation to recommend for 1 night in Fukui else pls advise if I should transfer to other cities for the night instead? Am thinking if I should travel all the way to Osaka/Kyoto after my concert at Sun dome fukui - aim to go down to himeji the next day if nothing to sightsee at fukui

audlim

Reaction score
Im planing to go to Nabana no sato on early feb. I understand that there is this shuttle bus at nagashima (kintetsu ) station. However, I will be getting the JR pass. So is it possible to take train from Nagoya by JR kansai line instead to nagashima station (JR). And from there walk to nagashima (kintetsu) station?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Will be flying to KIX on wednesday morning with my friend for a short 4 and a half nights. Will be staying in Sheraton Osaka and doing day trips to Kobe and Kyoto. I'm guessing a Kansai Through Pass would be beneficial? I also do have an ICOCA as a backup. Will get an ICOCA for him as well.

Last edited:

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS, if if I wish to purchase a sim card with data for iphone, any carrier will work?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im planing to go to Nabana no sato on early feb. I understand that there is this shuttle bus at nagashima (kintetsu ) station. However, I will be getting the JR pass. So is it possible to take train from Nagoya by JR kansai line instead to nagashima station (JR). And from there walk to nagashima (kintetsu) station?

Google map says they are only 1min apart(walking distance).

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be flying to KIX on wednesday morning with my friend for a short 4 and a half nights. Will be staying in Sheraton Osaka and doing day trips to Kobe and Kyoto. I'm guessing a Kansai Through Pass would be beneficial? I also do have an ICOCA as a backup. Will get an ICOCA for him as well.

may not be worth it. at 5200yen for 3 days, it is about 1733yen a day.

KIX-Osaka:1190yen on JR Kansai airport rapid service
Osaka-Kobe-Osaka: 2 x 410yen on JR
Osaka-Kyoto-Osaka: 2 x 560yen on JR
u are unlikely to utilise 1733yen worth of travel unless u are making a lot of trips within the city within the day

stargemini22

Reaction score
Hi,
I chanced upon Tokunai pass while reading on japan-guide.com

It wrote that this pass is valid for JR trains excluding reserved seats.
Would like to know if this pass is worth it?
-> I will be staying in Shinjuku area and will mostly be visiting the places along Yamanote line.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
may not be worth it. at 5200yen for 3 days, it is about 1733yen a day.

KIX-Osaka:1190yen on JR Kansai airport rapid service
Osaka-Kobe-Osaka: 2 x 410yen on JR
Osaka-Kyoto-Osaka: 2 x 560yen on JR
u are unlikely to utilise 1733yen worth of travel unless u are making a lot of trips within the city within the day

Okay cause within the city like Kobe or Kyoto I guess we would take buses as well? But yeah we're not gonna rush here and there. Just chill and relax. Maybe just topup ICOCA and use it.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I chanced upon Tokunai pass while reading on japan-guide.com

It wrote that this pass is valid for JR trains excluding reserved seats.
Would like to know if this pass is worth it?
-> I will be staying in Shinjuku area and will mostly be visiting the places along Yamanote line.
This website did a very detailed analysis on Tokunai
Japan Rail Pass and rail travel in Japan complete guide – JPRail.com » Blog Archive » Tokyo Metropolitan District Pass (Tokyo Tokunai Pass), good choice for sightseeing in Tokyo.

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is their airport a good place to buy SIM card (for data roaming), heat pad (dunno what's it called), souvenirs/packet foods? Will it have vast price difference compared to the streets?

During this winter time, will they also sell some summer wear (for Singapore type of weather)? Thinking of buying clothes for CNY, but slim hope right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.