Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score
Mmm watched the encore telecast Show Hand on Channel U 1.30am just now. The drama is now shown 4:3 with black bars on top and below instead of 16:9 widescreen SD when they premiered this drama back in 2012.

Looking at this, I wonder if they are doing closed test of Channel U HD...

Sent from heaven using GAGT

b00mxer

Reaction score
Mmm watched the encore telecast Show Hand on Channel U 1.30am just now. The drama is now shown 4:3 with black bars on top and below instead of 16:9 widescreen SD when they premiered this drama back in 2012.

Looking at this, I wonder if they are doing closed test of Channel U HD...

Sent from heaven using GAGT

You sure? I thought it's this way in 2012.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay boon lay and one of my room 32inch TV just dead. I see my site dun know when I will get indoor digital signal. So should I get a 32inch TV with DVB-T2(1.3.1) at additional $70? Or get one wo digital tuner and when signal available I get taobao tuner box at 20plus?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who has the same case as me ( ground floor and block by tall bulding and trees) Pls take note.

My area is already covered by indoor digital signal but i am on ground floor and block by tall bulding and trees so when i place my antenna ($12) indoor , it can receive 4 HD channal but sd was crap and HD 5 was jam and lag. Have to place my antenna outside the window then HD 5 will not jam. so switch back to SCV.

How to see digital TV when there is no more analog signal ? can complain to MDA ?

Go take part in the Mediacorp survey. They will send someone down to test the signals with a professional device if you are selected. If you complete the survey after 1 year, the box is yours to keep.

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Go take part in the Mediacorp survey. They will send someone down to test the signals with a professional device if you are selected. If you complete the survey after 1 year, the box is yours to keep.

Anyone else got selected? What does the STB look like?

I got a call from Mediacorp informing me that i was selected.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
Can i buy the stb suitable for use here from Amazon or aliexpress or ebay? Also the antenna.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This DVB-C is as stable as T2? Recommend me a DVB-C receiver from Aliexpress.

ysyj48

Reaction score
I stay boon lay and one of my room 32inch TV just dead. I see my site dun know when I will get indoor digital signal. So should I get a 32inch TV with DVB-T2(1.3.1) at additional $70? Or get one wo digital tuner and when signal available I get taobao tuner box at 20plus?

personally, i would get a new tv with the dvb-t2 capability. where to find tuner box for so cheap?
im not in any position to give advice. but last mth my mum bought a cheapo new tv without the dvb capability. regret not telling her to pay abit more for a tv with the capability. now i hv to spend time researching which box is good. :vijayadmin:

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is from Draco costs $129.

Yup. For those having signal issues and are already in an area that is supposed to have indoor signals for T2, I would recommend this. I actually found out that the poor reception near my TV was due to interference rather than poor signal strength. In the case where the T2 signal is indeed weak, at least they will know first hand from the signal testing (they use professional equipment for this), and this will probably help in getting a repeater installed in your area sooner.

The Draco box is a bonus, esp for those not willing to fork out on a DVB-T2 box.

petebull123

Reaction score
DVB T2 HD recording

hi,
have been recording TV programmes from SD and HD channels on a regular basis using a DVB-T2 set top box bought online. The recordings played back ok from the STB and also on VLC on computer. I would like to edit the recordings to strip out certain sections.

Anybody has successfully edited the HD recorded files (.mts) before? I can do it with SD recordings without problems but for HD recordings, the audio ends up badly (like chipmunks speaking, hehe). Happens even for direct conversions (eg. mts to mkv, mp4, avi).

Appreciate any help or software recommendation. Thanks.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,
have been recording TV programmes from SD and HD channels on a regular basis using a DVB-T2 set top box bought online. The recordings played back ok from the STB and also on VLC on computer. I would like to edit the recordings to strip out certain sections.

Anybody has successfully edited the HD recorded files (.mts) before? I can do it with SD recordings without problems but for HD recordings, the audio ends up badly (like chipmunks speaking, hehe). Happens even for direct conversions (eg. mts to mkv, mp4, avi).

Appreciate any help or software recommendation. Thanks.

Which brand and model of this DVB-T2 set top box are you using ? How do you connect up for the recording ? Using portable hard disk drive or desk top hard disk drive ? What is the maximum capacity of the hard disk drive accepted ?

petebull123

Reaction score
Which brand and model of this DVB-T2 set top box are you using ? How do you connect up for the recording ? Using portable hard disk drive or desk top hard disk drive ? What is the maximum capacity of the hard disk drive accepted ?

The one I bought is Aliexpress.com : Buy Support multiple PLP hot sale DVB T2 terrestrial digital receiver H.264/MPEG4,Compatible with DVB T DVB T2 002 with RUSSIA OSD from Reliable dvb-t antenna suppliers on SinHo Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Details in the link.
It says up to 2TB HDD.
I'm using an external 2.5" 2TB Seagate Slim drive formatted in NTFS, connected through USB to the STB.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally, i would get a new tv with the dvb-t2 capability. where to find tuner box for so cheap?
im not in any position to give advice. but last mth my mum bought a cheapo new tv without the dvb capability. regret not telling her to pay abit more for a tv with the capability. now i hv to spend time researching which box is good. :vijayadmin:
Taobao can get... I got 1 set to play play not bad

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got selected? What does the STB look like?

I got a call from Mediacorp informing me that i was selected.

Hi.. I heard abt the scheme where MediCorp provides a free STB and antenna to residents who are not so well to do.. is this the same one u got selected for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.