NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Smu as long as u qualify for the interviews u sure get in de. interview just a time waster

SherylToT

Reaction score
Hey,
I am currently at my poly final year
cGPA is 3.99 (non biz related Dip)
O lvl: L1R4 11 raw(Eng C5, A/E maths A1)
Pls rate my chance for
NUS: Business Admin
NTU: Business

Thank you!~:s13::s13:

confirm can get in. You should have already received NTU's EA invitation and got in right.....it's matter of scholarship only (Unless you are from RP).

darthllord

Reaction score
Just go ahead with the submission, but don't put too much hope on it.

As those qualities you mention are very common and is expected of any applicants.
Generally NAA refers to achievements outside school, example international olympiads, national/international sports competition and arts competition, active community service with a NGO, NYAA, entrepreneurship ventures, WorldSkills, competitions related to the course.

I guess you can say good bye to a large part of your social life when you get into the computer-related course.
- If you don't study hard in maths, a possible scenario will be,
- You fail maths courses during semester 1, then your curriculum plans get interrupted because you have to repeat in semester 2, you have a separate timetable from your clique, you gradually get further from your clique. You fail again in sem 2, then it snowballs into other sem, you can't move on to courses with math pre-requisite, life becomes a mess. :s22::s22::s22:

So yeah... if you have not been actively doing programming stuff that requires mathematical skills in your leisure time, example, trying to create a mobile app/website/building own server, my guess is computer courses are not for you.
Similar to social sciences courses, those people are expected to be reading current affairs, upcoming course-related studies and actively have opinions on them. Example, writing a blog or on SNS and sending opinion articles to news agency. :s22:

Sounds scary :( Do you do programming in your leisure time ? :s22:

RiceGrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys what are my chances for NTU EEE?

CGPA 3.44
O level 18

if you are a guy, do well for your upcoming exam..

apply now, if didn't get offer,
apply again during your NS with 6semster CGPA..
try to pull up to 3.5+ to be on the safer side.

ilovesushi

Reaction score
confirm can get in. You should have already received NTU's EA invitation and got in right.....it's matter of scholarship only (Unless you are from RP).
Hello! Thank you for replying, I did apply for ntu through EASE, however it is half month away from my interview and I haven't got any news from them. I did know some have gottn the offer long time ago. I'm not from RP:(

Last edited:

SherylToT

Reaction score
Hello! Thank you for replying, I did apply for ntu through EASE, however it is half month away from my interview and I haven't got any news from them. I did know some have gottn the offer long time ago. I'm not from RP:(

Perhaps it's your interview performance caused this problem. All my friends (including those who went for interview) have received EA's offer. And the lowest among them was 13 points, with C5 in English and B3 in Amath.

Base on what I know for previous years, business courses actually favor Engineering/IT students over those who study business in poly.

Perhaps you got to wait for a few more days ba.

Last edited:

ilovesushi

Reaction score
Perhaps it's your interview performance caused this problem. All my friends (including those who went for interview) have revived EA's offer. And the lowest among them was 13 points, with C5 in English and B3 in Amath.

Base on what I know for previous years, business courses actually favor Engineering/IT students over those who study business in poly.

Thank you for providing me with the info! :)

I guess I was rejected by NBS and now my application is processing with my following choices. however my following choices are progremmes that my diploma is not relevant to them so yay! Good luck to me! Haha

Wathen

Reaction score
Perhaps it's your interview performance caused this problem. All my friends (including those who went for interview) have received EA's offer. And the lowest among them was 13 points, with C5 in English and B3 in Amath.

Wtffffffffff. Then we business students how? Future GG? :s22: go mob floor?

intime

Reaction score

Business poly students will have to carefully choose a specialization that matches the Uni equivalent business specialization, and score well in them.
- this way they can leverage their differences in specialization to standout and show that they have a strong intent/ambition for a certain business specialization.

It is good to have a business specialization in mind, and actively have a strong portfolio on it, this way the Uni can know whether you are suitable for them and whether they can help you achieve that mastery.

Last edited:

Havok_ex

Reaction score

Rumors only. IMO I doubt there's any preference for courses. What matters is interview + results. Maybe engin/IT students do better at interviews lol.

SherylToT

Reaction score
Rumors only. IMO I doubt there's any preference for courses. What matters is interview + results. Maybe engin/IT students do better at interviews lol.

Business students are trained to speak and present. There is not way that eng students can beat business students in English....I am not talking about exceptional cases, but for the general cases.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Business students are trained to speak and present. There is not way that eng students can beat business students in English....I am not talking about exceptional cases, but for the general cases.

Interviews are not about speaking only. Content also matters. Define exceptional cases. 1%? In university, I think around 15% of engineering/IT students can easily take up a humanities or business module and still score at least an A- on the curve, even with the perception that engineering students cant speak or write. Im a clear example. With the immense number of engineering students, 15% turns out to be quite a huge number.

SherylToT

Reaction score
Interviews are not about speaking only. Content also matters. Define exceptional cases. 1%? In university, I think around 15% of engineering/IT students can easily take up a humanities or business module and still score at least an A- on the curve, even with the perception that engineering students cant speak or write. Im a clear example. With the immense number of engineering students, 15% turns out to be quite a huge number.

I would agree with you that content matters. But speaking from my own experience, business students generally are better at this. I was from China and I was a science stream student, I am full aware the importance of logical thinking and this is perhaps the key factors missing from the local poly business course structure.

But still, at poly level, I would say business students are generally better at this. Don't get offended, it's nothing personal. Or otherwise, if what you said is true, local poly business kids are really worse than piece of **** with no technical ability can cannot even shine in their own field.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
I would agree with you that content matters. But speaking from my own experience, business students generally are better at this. I was from China and I was a science stream student, I am full aware the importance of logical thinking and this is perhaps the key factors missing from the local poly business course structure.

But still, at poly level, I would say business students are generally better at this. Don't get offended, it's nothing personal. Or otherwise, if what you said is true, local poly business kids are really worse than piece of **** with no technical ability can cannot even shine in their own field.

I'm not offended since I'm not from poly. But the fact is, the perception that engineering and IT students cant write or present well is simply not true. Maybe it is true for a majority of polytechnic students, or maybe its true for people from China, no offense. But at the higher level, in university, a good majority of engineering/science/IT students can do it too and sometimes do it better too.

darthllord

Reaction score
Still awaiting documents in NUS portal -.- How long will it take to receive and process ??? Anybody know when is the fastest the give you offer in normal admission period ?:s22:

SherylToT

Reaction score
I'm not offended since I'm not from poly. But the fact is, the perception that engineering and IT students cant write or present well is simply not true. Maybe it is true for a majority of polytechnic students, or maybe its true for people from China, no offense. But at the higher level, in university, a good majority of engineering/science/IT students can do it too and sometimes do it better too.

If you called your assumed 15% a good majority, then I have nothing to say...but good or bad are relative terms, only if you know what I mean

Havok_ex

Reaction score
If you called your assumed 15% a good majority, then I have nothing to say...but good or bad are relative terms, only if you know what I mean

"majority of engineering/science/IT students can do it too"

This means a majority can do it. Meaning they can score on par with the average biz/humanities student, which means getting a B.

"and sometimes do it better too."

This is where the 15% comes in. Some of the majority, can do it better, getting an A-, which is ahead of the curve.

Maybe I'm wrong, my stats are purely anecdotal from how I see my own peers and friends perform. You really should brush up on your language though.

firebite1

Reaction score
if you are a guy, do well for your upcoming exam..

apply now, if didn't get offer,
apply again during your NS with 6semster CGPA..
try to pull up to 3.5+ to be on the safer side.

That's my 6th sem result! I'm currently in army now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.