NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

orzzwh

Reaction score
I have applied NTU MSE through EA on December 2014. However I still didn't receive any news from NTU. Dese it means that I am alr rejected by NTU? I don't have O level btw.

darthllord

Reaction score
I have applied NTU MSE through EA on December 2014. However I still didn't receive any news from NTU. Dese it means that I am alr rejected by NTU? I don't have O level btw.

Probably not considered under EA any more. Regular admission & maybe got interview since no O levels.

lyl245

Reaction score
NBS interview

Hey all, I just received a call to go down to Nanyang Business School for an interview. I am a poly student, GPA 3.85, l1r4=5(raw).
Any idea what will the interview be like?
Also there is a written essay too. Anything to take note of?

happygigs

Reaction score
Hey people, I major in Business in NYP with CGPA 3.57.

Please rate my chances of getting into NTU Mathematical Sciences (3.60) and Sociology (3.47). Thank you!!

Oh, and do they deduct cca points for o level results? :)

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please rate my chances of getting into NTU Mathematical Sciences (3.60) and Sociology (3.47). Thank you!!

These 2 courses have cut offs that flunctates over years so it's hard to tell. Good Luck.

No, Secondary School level CCA is not taken into consideration for University admission. Poly-level CCA may be taken into consideration if you apply for discretionary admission.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
confirm can get in. You should have already received NTU's EA invitation and got in right.....it's matter of scholarship only (Unless you are from RP).

RP no chance of getting into local uni? :(:(:(

Adrianygj

Reaction score

For Mathematical Science, you do stand a chance if you have at least 2 or more excellent grades in poly maths. O's levels maths is taken into consideration as well. 3.57 would have meet the cut, if you're selected, you will be called up for a maths test (4qns)

LikeThatLo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im currently taking electronics in tp and have a cgpa of 3.7(4sem). Do i have a chances to go to NTU accountancy? my final cgpa are estimated to be about 3.75-3.78...

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im currently taking electronics in tp and have a cgpa of 3.7(4sem). Do i have a chances to go to NTU accountancy? my final cgpa are estimated to be about 3.75-3.78...

If your Os L1B4 is less than 14 then you might have a shot.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like that can i retake the subject i did not do so well in o levels during ns and use it to apply uni again?

Liddat all guys will retake during ns just to get better grades. Heck I might as well take one olvl subject each year throughout poly and get a1 each.. Doesn't work this way lol

Havok_ex

Reaction score
like that can i retake the subject i did not do so well in o levels during ns and use it to apply uni again?

Liddat all guys will retake during ns just to get better grades. Heck I might as well take one olvl subject each year throughout poly and get a1 each.. Doesn't work this way lol

You can. O-levels cert can be combined. But there is a maximum cap of 2 sittings that you can combine and only 2.

Nowadays some NA students take one or two O-level subjects in sec 4 if their teachers think they are ready and then they do the rest in sec 5.

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In the score computation, GPA is 80% while O levels is 20%, so it makes little sense to be retaking O levels during your Polytechnic days - rather focus on your poly studies.

Unless perhaps you need to meet certain subject requisites. Eg some courses require an A2 in Additional Mathematics / Science.

But yes, in the past admission threads, there have been many guys retaking O over their NS. These are mainly borderline cases with GPA nearing 3.7+. Makes more sense to be retaking O's than going to SIM. :sad:
You can. O-levels cert can be combined. But there is a maximum cap of 2 sittings that you can combine and only 2.

Nowadays some NA students take one or two O-level subjects in sec 4 if their teachers think they are ready and then they do the rest in sec 5.

In application to Polytechnic, combined of up to 2 O levels is allowed.

For university application, to the best of my knowledge, there is no limit. Back in 2011 there were a couple of guys here who retook Add. Maths & English over 2 years in NS and all 3 seatings were accepted.

Further, the FAQ* states "ALL" and not "BOTH". To be on the safe side, I could drop the Office of Admissions an email on Monday and let you all know the outcome. :)

*Answers

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In the score computation, GPA is 80% while O levels is 20%, so it makes little sense to be retaking O levels during your Polytechnic days - rather focus on your poly studies.

Unless perhaps you need to meet certain subject requisites. Eg some courses require an A2 in Additional Mathematics / Science.

But yes, in the past admission threads, there have been many guys retaking O over their NS. These are mainly borderline cases with GPA nearing 3.7+. Makes more sense to be retaking O's than going to SIM. :sad:

In application to Polytechnic, combined of up to 2 O levels is allowed.

For university application, to the best of my knowledge, there is no limit. Back in 2011 there were a couple of guys here who retook Add. Maths & English over 2 years in NS and all 3 seatings were accepted.

Further, the FAQ* states "ALL" and not "BOTH". To be on the safe side, I could drop the Office of Admissions an email on Monday and let you all know the outcome. :)

*Answers

Seems like you guys are mistaken
Im not saying you cant retake ur o's nor am I saying universities wouldnt accept them

Im saying that there is a difference between taking them during sec school, in poly, and even in NS. Or even taking one module at a time vs how people take 5~
Thats why i gave an example of how ridiculous it sounds if one takes one each year for 5 years (poly+ns)

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:eek:

Jialat lo, really need a miracle to happen to get into uni. My cgpa only 3.69 & l1r4 raw 22 :sad::sad:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Seems like you guys are mistaken
Im not saying you cant retake ur o's nor am I saying universities wouldnt accept them

Im saying that there is a difference between taking them during sec school, in poly, and even in NS. Or even taking one module at a time vs how people take 5~
Thats why i gave an example of how ridiculous it sounds if one takes one each year for 5 years (poly+ns)

Thats why we're telling you that there is NO difference. I dont think the university even bothers because 20% is really small. On top of that, most courses want to see individual subject capability. Like Add maths or physics. As long as you can do these subjects, even without sitting for others at the same time.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why we're telling you that there is NO difference. I dont think the university even bothers because 20% is really small. On top of that, most courses want to see individual subject capability. Like Add maths or physics. As long as you can do these subjects, even without sitting for others at the same time.

How is 20% not a big difference?
If one takes 1 olvl subject each year throughout poly and NS,he can possible get a perfect 20%

With ref to amaths/phy, this is true. Thats why some universities have maths or what not exams before candidates are accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.