NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faker Senpai

Reaction score
Please rate which course I got chance to go in, now still havnt found a interested one yet.
SP EEE GPA 3.297, O lvl 13
NUS and SMU like no chance so only NTU,
But bros can suggest which course I have chance to be accepted? I know not much but maybe can suggest to me?

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please rate which course I got chance to go in, now still havnt found a interested one yet.
But bros can suggest which course I have chance to be accepted? I know not much but maybe can suggest to me?

Just pick the lowest cutoff course for all 3 unis and apply
Whats there to suggest? You'd be lucky to get into one

Havok_ex

Reaction score
How is 20% not a big difference?
If one takes 1 olvl subject each year throughout poly and NS,he can possible get a perfect 20%

With ref to amaths/phy, this is true. Thats why some universities have maths or what not exams before candidates are accepted

Think about it. Would it even be worth it? Considering that poly's study load is already quite heavy if one intends to get a GPA of 3.6 and above to be eligible for most university courses. Meaning that you could only do it post-poly. 2 years of NS + 3 years more of doing nothing but one O-level subject. Assuming one does not work as well. Then yes, a person can waste 3 years of his life to attain a perfect O level score. Then can get into NUS. Wooohooo. That is IF that person can do it. Just because a person takes ONE subject a year doesnt mean he can still achieve an A1. The amount of effort, money and time wasted just to get a perfect score spanning over 5 years is not worthwhile at all. The returns is just an extra say 5-10% for his admissions. If a person has serious ego issues that he die die MUST get into NTU/NUS then he might consider it. Otherwise, the rest of the rational bunch of applicants would not go to such extreme lengths.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The deadline for application is tomorrow. Isn't it too late to be asking now?

Unless you're just in Year 2 Sem 2, then you better focus on pulling up your GPA.

GPA 3.297 don't have many options. You can't choose the course. The course will be choosing you.

Faker Senpai

Reaction score
The deadline for application is tomorrow. Isn't it too late to be asking now?

Unless you're just in Year 2 Sem 2, then you better focus on pulling up your GPA.

GPA 3.297 don't have many options. You can't choose the course. The course will be choosing you.
Agree, My choice currently is just to apply to course that hover around my gpa range. See if the course choose me. I saw a few course at are lower then mine gpa(few as in 1-3), just thought I could try it out.
Anw is there a good method to discover which course is interesting/suitable to a person?

darthllord

Reaction score
LAST DAY OF UNI APPLICATION

We have come to the last day of Uni application for poly students this year. Hope you all made your choices already and it is best to go through your choices one last time to ensure that your course selection is what you want. Any last minute questions that you need to ask die die as by today so whoever can help will help you.

CHOOSE WISELY & MAY THE ODDS FOREVER BE IN YOUR FAVOUR :s22:

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
HELLO MA HOMIES.

I got accepted by NTU for Accountancy course. Received the email to check the portal for my application outcome just now.

My background:

NYP
Diploma in Accountancy & Finance
3.90 ( 5 sems)
No O Level
Malaysian SPM

anglewing

Reaction score
HELLO MA HOMIES.

I got accepted by NTU for Accountancy course. Received the email to check the portal for my application outcome just now.

My background:

NYP
Diploma in Accountancy & Finance
3.90 ( 5 sems)
No O Level
Malaysian SPM

Wow so fast? Did you apply during the recent poly admissions exercise or through some other special admissions?

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think about it. Would it even be worth it? Considering that poly's study load is already quite heavy if one intends to get a GPA of 3.6 and above to be eligible for most university courses. Meaning that you could only do it post-poly. 2 years of NS + 3 years more of doing nothing but one O-level subject. Assuming one does not work as well. Then yes, a person can waste 3 years of his life to attain a perfect O level score. Then can get into NUS. Wooohooo. That is IF that person can do it. Just because a person takes ONE subject a year doesnt mean he can still achieve an A1. The amount of effort, money and time wasted just to get a perfect score spanning over 5 years is not worthwhile at all. The returns is just an extra say 5-10% for his admissions. If a person has serious ego issues that he die die MUST get into NTU/NUS then he might consider it. Otherwise, the rest of the rational bunch of applicants would not go to such extreme lengths.

I frankly speaking wouldn't say a poly workload as being heavy but than, to each his own. It depends on what you study as well, because there are overlaps between o level subjects and poly subjects

For instance, you could take up o level POA if you were an accounting student, or physics if you went into engineering. There are even courses in polytechnic that teach additional maths.There will be overlaps, not completely but to a certain extend.

Now back to my point about there being a difference. Imagine taking poa after you take a few years of accounting modules, or taking maths or physics after studying it at a poly level for a few semesters..Do you think they wouldnt know you would have studied this in poly?

Last edited:

zhiwei9009

Reaction score
GPA 3.73
L1R4 = 17
NYP Business Enterprise IT

CHances of gettting into NTU comp science ?

worked for 2 years already though.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow so fast? Did you apply during the recent poly admissions exercise or through some other special admissions?

Yea that's fast..my time i waited about 2 weeks to get the physical acceptance letter, which was already considered early

I think it should be alot faster now since they switched to an electronic system(email) since last year?

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GPA 3.73
L1R4 = 17
NYP Business Enterprise IT

CHances of gettting into NTU comp science ?

worked for 2 years already though.

Did you not apply during and before these 2 years?
I would say that you do stand a high chance

zhiwei9009

Reaction score
Did you not apply during and before these 2 years?
I would say that you do stand a high chance

I worked for 2 years NS for 2 years meaning if i eventually get in this year there will be a 4 years gap between the day i left Poly and the day i admit into the school.

Yes i did not apply for all 4 years my first application for NTU

anglewing

Reaction score
I worked for 2 years NS for 2 years meaning if i eventually get in this year there will be a 4 years gap between the day i left Poly and the day i admit into the school.

Yes i did not apply for all 4 years my first application for NTU

Looking at the past year IGPs, I would say you have a pretty good chance. Your gpa is actually higher than the NUS comp science igp too. Did you apply for NUS as well?

bangzzzz

Reaction score
NTU interview

well.. got called up by NTU.. and there is a written test.... anyone taken it? :(

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well.. got called up by NTU.. and there is a written test.... anyone taken it? :(

Is it the english test?
English and maths are quite common

For ppl that didnt do so well in english..and have no additional maths

bangzzzz

Reaction score
Is it the english test?
English and maths are quite common

For ppl that didnt do so well in english..and have no additional maths

Ya english test. write essay.
i applied for Accountancy, i think my major problem was that i do not have Amaths. Maybe thats why i was called up for a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.