NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea why dun go ???

I apply ntu and nus com science le why don go le

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead :)

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la

lamerena

Reaction score
I think all course also same le but is it manageable to pass?

Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead :)

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have friends inside doing quite well le....second at least

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think this applies for every course bah... Every course confirm got zai kias and the not-so-zai kias :spin:
I think all course also same le but is it manageable to pass?
Don't think a pass is good enough :s22:

Sent from my potato using GAGT

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pass is not enough must be second upper

but not everyone can be second upper and first class

only top 10%

way more than 10% lar

this is from nus 2010 (after 2010, i think it was not published anymore)

1st Class:
FASS: 3.4%
Biz: 2.4%
SoC: 7.6%
SDE: 2.1% (Including concurrent M.Arch and B.A. (Arch) program)
FoE: 9.9%
Nursing: 4.4%
FoS: 10.3%
YST: 12.1%

1st + 2nd (Upper):
FASS: 21.7%
Biz: 23.6%
SoC: 24.9%
SDE: 17.3%
FoE: 36.9%
Nursing: 13.3%
FoS: 34.9%
YST: 27.3%

i believe the figure sld not be too different in ntu

Havok_ex

Reaction score
way more than 10% lar

this is from nus 2010 (after 2010, i think it was not published anymore)

1st Class:
FASS: 3.4%
Biz: 2.4%
SoC: 7.6%
SDE: 2.1% (Including concurrent M.Arch and B.A. (Arch) program)
FoE: 9.9%
Nursing: 4.4%
FoS: 10.3%
YST: 12.1%

1st + 2nd (Upper):
FASS: 21.7%
Biz: 23.6%
SoC: 24.9%
SDE: 17.3%
FoE: 36.9%
Nursing: 13.3%
FoS: 34.9%
YST: 27.3%

i believe the figure sld not be too different in ntu

NUS won't publish anymore because they recently admitted that they were going to increase the number of its honours grads and give out more good grades because its students are all very good(according to them).

NTU is still sticking strictly to the bell curve though. Only through the divine light of the bell curve god can our grades be legitimised. But yeah, NTU is probably not far from the above stats. FCH is around top 5-6%. Second upper is the next 15-20%. Second lower is the next 30-35%. B is still the median/average grade so you would expect the centre to be around 3.5.

tryingtohelp

Reaction score
NUS won't publish anymore because they recently admitted that they were going to increase the number of its honours grads and give out more good grades because its students are all very good(according to them).

NTU is still sticking strictly to the bell curve though. Only through the divine light of the bell curve god can our grades be legitimised. But yeah, NTU is probably not far from the above stats. FCH is around top 5-6%. Second upper is the next 15-20%. Second lower is the next 30-35%. B is still the median/average grade so you would expect the centre to be around 3.5.

DK about other courses in NTU but NBS FCH should agar got 10% bah. I maintain FCH 5 sem liao never dean list(5%) before leh.

ChocolateCat

Reaction score
% of honors is different from course to course.

NBS is well known for having the highest % of FCH and 2nd Upper.

You can check the graduation booklet for 2013. Nearly 50% have FCH and 2nd Upper.

tryingtohelp

Reaction score
% of honors is different from course to course.

NBS is well known for having the highest % of FCH and 2nd Upper.

You can check the graduation booklet for 2013. Nearly 50% have FCH and 2nd Upper.

Grad booklet got show the breakdown of honors? Where to find it?

Qosmix

Reaction score
Anyone else got called up recently for smu interview? Specifically looking at prospective IS students, sent my application about 3 weeks ago

zhiwei9009

Reaction score

Aiy can I know roughly how is the drop out rate ? Or how many poly people you see dropping out ?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Aiy can I know roughly how is the drop out rate ? Or how many poly people you see dropping out ?

I think NTU's drop out rate is not that high, but the number of people taking more than 4 years to grad is quite high IMO. I've seen a few engin people grad at 4.5 years. If the workload is tough, dont just drop out, take less mods per sem. Use the summer holidays to clear electives during special sem. In fact, there were a few EEE students that grad only after 6 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.