Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Fujitsu I guess worst that midea Aircon.
But my flat resale that pre-owner also installed system 2 Fujitsu non-inverter, end out never bother and changed away to Mit Starmex :)

Last time my unit, the remote can't function at all, after use the FCU press on start manually.

Also sometime on the blower cashing can easily blow out chip-off smaller pieces of cashing material just a debris.

Wow. Midea to me already the worst aircon system.. Fujitsu even more worst. Then in future i will tell all my family and friend leave out this 2 brands thanks for the advice..

Grizz.P

Reaction score
Deciding to go for the panasonic inverter over the mitsubishi.
The guy said both just as good and the panasonic have the negative ion.
He said panasonic is slightly cheaper cos they spend less on marketing.

I'm deciding whether to go for a 4 system 1 compressor set up or (2 system 2 compressor) x 2 set up.
The house is 2 bedroom 950sqft. It has existing aircon unit in each bedroom and 2 units in the living/dining area. Personally, I think 1 aircon unit in the living/dining area is enough. But the guy told me I should follow the old configuration better because of the conceal piping. So I'll leave the piping and change the aircon only.

The 4 system 1 compressor
$3,500 (+ extended warranty)

The (2 system 2 compressor) X 2
$4,300 (+ extended warranty)

I only scared the 4 system 1 compressor might not be enough.. Or am I over thinking?

Sorry if I'm not clear about the specs.. first time buying aircon :o

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The house is 2 bedroom 950sqft so total area is 88 square meter including living room ?

If you are not going to on all the unit at 1 time, 4 system 1 compressor would be more than sufficient.

But you are not changing the pipeline ? I think at least do a flashing of the pipeline would be better.

Grizz.P

Reaction score
The house is 2 bedroom 950sqft so total area is 88 square meter including living room ?

If you are not going to on all the unit at 1 time, 4 system 1 compressor would be more than sufficient.

But you are not changing the pipeline ? I think at least do a flashing of the pipeline would be better.

Yea. 88sqm includes living area and closed kitchen.
The existing pipeline is abt 10 years. He told me pipes usually last about 20 years so no need to change. Plus if I change pipeline, it costs abt 2k :eek:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea. 88sqm includes living area and closed kitchen.
The existing pipeline is abt 10 years. He told me pipes usually last about 20 years so no need to change. Plus if I change pipeline, it costs abt 2k :eek:

I think 4 system 1 compressor would be more than enough unless you are going to on all the 4 units.

Pipeline, maybe can asked them to do a flashing.

Not really sure about other place u buy but GC pipeline need to be changed if not, the warranty is not cover.

Xeon_sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im torn between panasonic sys 4 and mitsubishi starmex...the panansonic sys 4 comes at 3600 (plus 200 ntuc voucher). 22 piping, and 1/2inch insulation, 16mm pipes. best price ive seen after searching up..starmex comes to about 3850

im just wondering if starmex is just all advertisement. if panasonic is equally good in quality then no point going mainstream

400 dollars )with the ntuc vouhcers is substantially cheaper...and from what i hear panasonic is as good as mitsu (from 3/4 aircon fellows ive talked to who say mitsu is just marketed mroe)

you mean mitsu is so much better in energy savings?

Don't just choose based on price. Must see the energy consumption (annual) statistics.

I also considered Panasonic and M.E, but eventually chose M.E due to lower energy costs.

Buying price is just the initial setup cost. Running cost is the long term thing that saves $.

Grizz.P

Reaction score
To Grizz.P,

How is ur usage going to be?

Planning to do 12k/9k/9k/9k
12k for the master bedroom which will be used every night.
The 2 9k units in the living/dining will be seldom used. Probably only when there are guests.
I think it will make more sense to just get the system 4 and 1 compressor. Worst case scenario is that it'll just take a little longer to cool up the whole house.

My other delimma is if I should retain the old piping (10 years old) that's running on r22 or shell out 2k to change to r410a (conceal piping)..

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
To Grizz.P

Ya very sure, gas can be clog on chemical to made the compressor running slow or turn noise.

Flashing is the good idea, but flashing maybe have extra charges.

Also R22 gas pipeline should not know how thick of the guage grade copper they used on existing.

Against wiring can take for inverter DC input and last up or not.

Change new pipeline was less an issue.

Last edited:

Samng369

Reaction score
My midea aircon the one with wifi. No cold at all now (cannot feel the aircon is cold enough only like fan when it blow to us the we can feel the aircon and the trucking have condensation how? (21k btu condenser unit with 9k btu for my 3 rooms). Fancoil and condenser unit is very noisy, may i know what wrong with my aircon? Buy just a few month problem come in no wonder selling so cheap.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
My midea aircon the one with wifi. No cold at all now (cannot feel the aircon is cold enough only like fan when it blow to us the we can feel the aircon and the trucking have condensation how? (21k btu condenser unit with 9k btu for my 3 rooms). Fancoil and condenser unit is very noisy, may i know what wrong with my aircon? Buy just a few month problem come in no wonder selling so cheap.

Gas leakage on flared outdoor or indoor side.

He he Midea quality leh

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I have ask quote for my requirement:
SM sys4 9000k btu x4
25k compressor
stainless rack
g22 copper pipe
1/2 inch amaflex
20mm water pipe

I have asked AB, GC, CS, BB, BD n lastly best is HC.

AB quite stuck up. Ask me whether I AC installer or trying to check pricing.
GC pino SA and duno nothing and quote all I want also duno have.
CS quote was the highest. 4.4k sgd
BB having promo but quoted 4.3k with 200-300 voucher but dun have 20mm pipe
BD uncle is nice- quite me 4.1k
HC@JW final quote all in at $3850

Samng369

Reaction score
Under warranty ?

OK lah.

Yes still under warranty but quite disappointed less than a year problems so many. Last time used LG no problem at all for more than 10years. Now change Midea so many problem. So regret changing brand.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Yes still under warranty but quite disappointed less than a year problems so many. Last time used LG no problem at all for more than 10years. Now change Midea so many problem. So regret changing brand.

This midea is inverter unit?

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some more Big Box recommend it.........................:s22:

Joint venture with Toshiba.......................:s13:

My sister using Daikin from previous owner and later change to Mit Electric StarMex.

She buy things 100% correct one as she is one who will did a lot of homework b4 committing to buy so I follow her.............:D

My colleague using LG artcool also a bit regretted as from his saying. Blamed me for talking bad about Mit Starmex last time to him.........................:s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.