Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
BCA certified is for installation purposes.
For servicing, i think the BCA cert is of no relation here.

zeppelin

Reaction score
Sometimes i wonder those who comment here izzit from Mitsubishi. Always the same group of people comment about all other fault but for mitsubishi even have problem also keep saying very good. I really confused by all this.

Bro no worries, even if it's from Mitsubishi supporter. The reason I did not change my aircon to Mitsubushi brand is because of their pc board issues. Mitsubishi air con is good but their pc board got a higher chances of going faulty.
That's the reason why I bought a Panasonic instead of Mit. I would definitely prefer a Sanyo over Panasonic anytime If Sanyo brand is still in production.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Show you all my System 2 Aircon.

Living Room

qBUYWcE.jpg

Bedroom

1W8NTze.jpg

Grizz.P

Reaction score
To Grizz.P

Ya very sure, gas can be clog on chemical to made the compressor running slow or turn noise.

Flashing is the good idea, but flashing maybe have extra charges.

Also R22 gas pipeline should not know how thick of the guage grade copper they used on existing.

Against wiring can take for inverter DC input and last up or not.

Change new pipeline was less an issue.

I think 4 system 1 compressor would be more than enough unless you are going to on all the 4 units.

Pipeline, maybe can asked them to do a flashing.

Not really sure about other place u buy but GC pipeline need to be changed if not, the warranty is not cover.

Thanks for the suggestions! When you guys say "flashing", do you mean flushing the pipes? or something else?

Samng369

Reaction score
BCA certified is for installation purposes.
For servicing, i think the BCA cert is of no relation here.

Can anyone confirm abt this? Cos you think,i thought ,who confirm. If not sure please do not make other confused. Just keep it to ownself. Anyway thanks

Samng369

Reaction score
Bro no worries, even if it's from Mitsubishi supporter. The reason I did not change my aircon to Mitsubushi brand is because of their pc board issues. Mitsubishi air con is good but their pc board got a higher chances of going faulty.
That's the reason why I bought a Panasonic instead of Mit. I would definitely prefer a Sanyo over Panasonic anytime If Sanyo brand is still in production.

Nice said..at last have a non mitsubishi supporter. If not i thought i at mitsubishi forum lol.
Sanyo is the best.

Samng369

Reaction score
So far all comment about LG not good but did anyone have the real answer why LG no good. Is a made in thailand or made in china product better than Made in Korea?

That true. For what i know mit is so so only nowadays. I m quite simple for those who do not really know or not sure about the product or brand just keep to your ownself. Dont come and comment till like a so call expert. Ended up making other confused.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Show you all my System 2 Aircon.

Living Room

qBUYWcE.jpg

Bedroom

1W8NTze.jpg

Your one look on the ceiling still got bigger gap.
Mine from the master bedroom on the ceiling top to FCU just around 15cm around that.

Meant more high ceiling gap, can blow out more Strong airflow = more faster cooling else.

Last edited:

AciDJC

Master Member
Reaction score
self cleaning

hi all,

need some advise on the self cleaning,

my new MHI got this self cleaning function.. how often it is recommended to do this? the manual never say or recommend any cleaning schedule or routine..

so do I need to do this every day after I off the aircon?

MHI self cleaning take 2hr to complete, it will autostart after I off the air, this function can be preset ON or OFF from the remote

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
hi all,

need some advise on the self cleaning,

my new MHI got this self cleaning function.. how often it is recommended to do this? the manual never say or recommend any cleaning schedule or routine..

so do I need to do this every day after I off the aircon?

MHI self cleaning take 2hr to complete, it will autostart after I off the air, this function can be preset ON or OFF from the remote

Mine to share, how does this work?
Or user manual else

AciDJC

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine to share, how does this work?
Or user manual else

I did a quick goggle on the web and notice that most newer aircon come with this features.. here is what I found from MHI

Self Clean Operation

The ‘self clean operation’ is operated for 2 hours after the unit has ceased normal operation. The indoor fan continues to operate on ultra low speed to dry the unit. This restricts the growth of mould. This feature can be selected on the remote control.

Toshiba and Daikin also have these features, just that their will only run like 20min and stop, MHI one will run for 2hr and then stop, this function can be overwrite by pressing the ON/OFF button at time during the process

keigo22

Reaction score
I did a quick goggle on the web and notice that most newer aircon come with this features.. here is what I found from MHI

Self Clean Operation

The ‘self clean operation’ is operated for 2 hours after the unit has ceased normal operation. The indoor fan continues to operate on ultra low speed to dry the unit. This restricts the growth of mould. This feature can be selected on the remote control.

Toshiba and Daikin also have these features, just that their will only run like 20min and stop, MHI one will run for 2hr and then stop, this function can be overwrite by pressing the ON/OFF button at time during the process

if my understanding is not wrong this is not "self cleaning" as you think so.

It is just a humidifier function to help suck out humility to help prevent your room build up moisture. A useful function for those wood house oversea but for SG don't really need. Just open windows and the heat and sun in sg will do the work.

AciDJC

Master Member
Reaction score

It is just a humidifier function to help suck out humility to help prevent your room build up moisture. A useful function for those wood house oversea but for SG don't really need. Just open windows and the heat and sun in sg will do the work.

hi bro, this function is to remove the humility from the inside the aircon and the heat exchange fins, not removing the humilty of the room lah.

after whole night of aircon, the heat exchange coil and inside of the aircon and blower will be moist after you turn off, due to the sudden increase of the temperarture, so dirt, mould will build up as per normal, so by using this function, the blower will continous to blow air within the aircon to "dry" up any moisture and this will prvent or less dirt will get stuck there. also will prvent mold to build up especally on those hot day

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

I though was like before panasonic did auto cleaning dust program : they called AC Robot.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your one look on the ceiling still got bigger gap.
Mine from the master bedroom on the ceiling top to FCU just around 15cm around that.

Meant more high ceiling gap, can blow out more Strong airflow = more faster cooling else.

Replacing existing, still have about 28 cm of gap to the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.