Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samng369

Reaction score
Later got ppl come check.. Hopefully can be fix..

Got the answer from the service team. My midea is under power. 21k btu is not enough to power on 3 9k btu fancoil. That why not cold and noisy. They tell me that there is nothing to be done. The SA told me that turn on 2 aircon first after then turn on the last aircon so all will be cold but it didnt worked at all. Buy cheap aircon end up waste more. Now my aircon cannot be change. Some more the service guy also telling me that starmex nowadays also facing similar problem, so buy cheap or ex still the same. So mit /midea support here or mit / midea promoter or mit /midea SA stop confusing buyer.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Got the answer from the service team. My midea is under power. 21k btu is not enough to power on 3 9k btu fancoil. That why not cold and noisy. They tell me that there is nothing to be done. The SA told me that turn on 2 aircon first after then turn on the last aircon so all will be cold but it didnt worked at all. Buy cheap aircon end up waste more. Now my aircon cannot be change. Some more the service guy also telling me that starmex nowadays also facing similar problem, so buy cheap or ex still the same. So mit /midea support here or mit / midea promoter or mit /midea SA stop confusing buyer.

Sure or not?
Mit Starmex got 3 type compressor?
2E20VA for 2 FCU
3A28VA for 3 FCU now I've using it, so far never facing got underpower an issue.
4A28VA suitable for 4 room HDB flat.
4A38VA if 5 room type HDB flat recommended.

But I dunno how you guy, when for new purchase.

That is why have to do more research user feedback 1st.
Something that brand selling much cheaper was the issue at behind.

I Guess would be MHI.
Got it problem, call underpower. Lol

terumo

Reaction score
To Samng369,

Ur Midea should be 20k btu.
So if you on all 3 blower at the same time, it will be ard 7k btu per fancoil, should be still sufficient for HDB bedrooms.

Samng369

Reaction score
Sure or not?
Mit Starmex got 3 type compressor?
2E20VA for 2 FCU
3A28VA for 3 FCU now I've using it, so far never facing got underpower an issue.
4A28VA suitable for 4 room HDB flat.
4A38VA if 5 room type HDB flat recommended.

But I dunno how you guy, when for new purchase.

That is why have to do more research user feedback 1st.
Something that brand selling much cheaper was the issue at behind.

I Guess would be MHI.
Got it problem, call underpower. Lol

Research still the same all here is mit starmax supporter or i will said seller.. Lols so call expert.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Research still the same all here is mit starmax supporter or i will said seller.. Lols so call expert.

To be honest if you were never used others brand b4 and after jump over to mit starmex, guaranty i am same as you now.

The quietest and comfort on mit starmex inverter, so far no others brand can be do the same.

Samng369

Reaction score
To Samng369,

Ur Midea should be 20k btu.
So if you on all 3 blower at the same time, it will be ard 7k btu per fancoil, should be still sufficient for HDB bedrooms.
Now still have 7k btu? Which brand does that mine is 9k btu x 3.

Samng369

Reaction score
To be honest if you were never used others brand b4 and after jump over to mit starmex, guaranty i am same as you now.

The quietest and comfort on mit starmex inverter, so far no others brand can be do the same.

So your feedback in other brand is base on what year product?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
So your feedback in other brand is base on what year product?

Who can changed new aircon follow by every new design?
from my experience of starmex inverter this below the model is not consider new for everyone..
but the quality of design was the best thing.
9F36BCCD-F357-470F-A5E2-EEC376D6A4BB_zpsnddzydkf.jpg

Grizz.P

Reaction score
Went to GC and got confused.

My original plan was to replace the aircon blower and compressor and leave the piping.
SA told me that I need to follow the existing aircon configuration.
For Eg. I wanted system 4. But if the existing system is system 2 X 2, I need to follow it back to system 2 X 2 and cannot anyhow switch to system 4.

Also, I need to follow the same power of the blower.
Eg. If bedroom existing blower was 9k, I cannot change it to a 12k blower. Because it will still have the 9k output as the piping/power is only configured to 9k?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Went to GC and got confused.

My original plan was to replace the aircon blower and compressor and leave the piping.
SA told me that I need to follow the existing aircon configuration.
For Eg. I wanted system 4. But if the existing system is system 2 X 2, I need to follow it back to system 2 X 2 and cannot anyhow switch to system 4.

Also, I need to follow the same power of the blower.
Eg. If bedroom existing blower was 9k, I cannot change it to a 12k blower. Because it will still have the 9k output as the piping/power is only configured to 9k?

Want to check with you, the existing pipeline was non-inverter? Or what, they use back the existing pipe?

One more thing the existing compressor 2 units was place at same place or what.

New inverter system 4, for the 9k & 13k btu both are same copper pipe gas & liquid size.

You are the buyer n nobody can said can't do for you at all, cause you pay money one.

Thanks

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I downgrade from System 3 to System 2 also can and my living room changed to 13K BTU also pipeline same as the 10K BTU one.

So I think should not be an issue.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I downgrade from System 3 to System 2 also can and my living room changed to 13K BTU also pipeline same as the 10K BTU one.

So I think should not be an issue.

Only 18k can't use 24k btu FCU.
10k & 13k to be the same.

But in my experience of older design 12k for gas pipe size from 12mm & 6mm, so cannot be use to 9k for 9mm & 6mm pipe size.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I installed your the other one first, this is I later then put in my master bedroom.

Can test n find out which one use for everyday, then to be apply that one 1st.

After 2-3 weeks can see the dust like below my photo.
1A69BB43-10AC-478D-9885-21E44994ABFB_zpspaf2qowe.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can test n find out which one use for everyday, then to be apply that one 1st.

After 2-3 weeks can see the dust like below my photo.
1A69BB43-10AC-478D-9885-21E44994ABFB_zpspaf2qowe.jpg

Noted, later I used the one MIJ in my bedroom but need to cut a lot......................:o

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Noted, later I used the one MIJ in my bedroom but need to cut a lot......................:o

Cut? Not required

Just place from top part and downward at the right hand side if got extra just fold up only.

See my photos
D6A1FE1F-B188-475E-8F9F-72C10FE0A139_zps4ym5zqde.jpg

0762B149-F61D-4746-AC45-69722D283A64_zpsiwvyfpnd.jpg

28126822-47B7-4751-9C78-B0B0B94AAD2C_zpsfgjx00gp.jpg

zigzaglagbad

Reaction score
Hi all gurus and experts here,

Got some question to ask. I am thinking of
Getting aircon for my 3 room hdb. It is old type.
How much would the survey and license cost?
And what kind of brands i should go for if i want aircon for the two bedrooms?
Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.