NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiningonu

Reaction score
Hey guysss!

Just wanna say those who haven receive their application results yet, don't lose hope! I only got mine last year through mid June from NTU. Though NUS accepted me fairly fast during Apr. So just wait patiently!

And those that got accepted, university aren't easy at all. You really have to work a lot harder than you did before! So JIAYOU! 💪

Qosmix

Reaction score
still waiting for smu ism to call for an interview if they even decide to interview me leh.

anyone else got a call recently?

orzzwh

Reaction score
Yes my friend got offer for SMU econs. 2 weeks after his interview.
Thanks for the reply. I just attended the soe interview at last week Tuesday. Thought smu send their offer pretty fast. May I know ur friend is from Poly or JC?

darthllord

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just attended the soe interview at last week Tuesday. Thought smu send their offer pretty fast. May I know ur friend is from Poly or JC?

Can say JC la
He do A levels overseas
It's not always fast btw
Sometimes longer my offer came within a week but his took more than 2 weeks.

balkis293

Reaction score
Hello. Sorry to say that ur chances for any of the 3 biz courses is very low. My friend wasn't even invited to an interview with NBS with a gpa of more than 3.7 and similar O level results as urs.

All the best to you!

Ohh that's sad :(:(. Then I guess my only hope is Mathematical Science. Thanks for the reply!! All the best to you too!!

Fishball123456

Reaction score
Hello!
I received a call from the SMU business today- and I'm required to go for English test and interview. I've read many forums and blog post abt it and they said it's like a GRP interview.. Anyone have anymore details abt it?

What are the possible dress code for female?
And does the whole process really last for 3h? Because I heard that the compre + conpo test is approx 1h15 mins. Then the rest of interview for 1h45 mins?

Please help out thank you!!

ilovesushi

Reaction score
Hello!
I received a call from the SMU business today- and I'm required to go for English test and interview. I've read many forums and blog post abt it and they said it's like a GRP interview.. Anyone have anymore details abt it?

And does the whole process really last for 3h? Because I heard that the compre + conpo test is approx 1h15 mins. Then the rest of interview for 1h45 mins?

The interview alone was fine, U will be given an article and allowed to discuss with your group members first, so anything U dun understand regarding to the article, you may raise it up during the discussion time. If u get nice group mates, the interview will go very smooth. So try to help each other and be nice during the interview.

The English test is a killer if u are from poly and your English is not stellar enough. It's a mini version of GP (A level English). Just do quickly and answer as many questions as possible. I am not sure the how important the English test as the admission factor cos I dun think I did well in it neither.

The duration of everything possibly last for more than 3 hours. For my session, I reported at 1:20pm and left the school around 5 pm. Anyway it would be a nice experience for you ! All the best and good luck ! For a girl simply wear a dress will be nice enough!

Fishball123456

Reaction score
The interview alone was fine, U will be given an article and allowed to discuss with your group members first, so anything U dun understand regarding to the article, you may raise it up during the discussion time. If u get nice group mates, the interview will go very smooth. So try to help each other and be nice during the interview.

The English test is a killer if u are from poly and your English is not stellar enough. It's a mini version of GP (A level English). Just do quickly and answer as many questions as possible. I am not sure the how important the English test as the admission factor cos I dun think I did well in it neither.

The duration of everything possibly last for more than 3 hours. For my session, I reported at 1:20pm and left the school around 5 pm. Anyway it would be a nice experience for you ! All the best and good luck ! For a girl simply wear a dress will be nice enough!

Thank you so much for your reply! I got a D for my GP though.. I'm really anxious and idk what to expect.. the whole thing and it's duration seemed really daunting for me- especially i'm more of the shy type and not very outspoken..

poiuyqwer

Reaction score
Hi guys. I had my SMU SOE interview in late February but I still haven't gotten any news from them yet. I'm starting to lose hope. I wanna ask if they would send us an email if we are being rejected or they would ignore our application and leave us hanging. As far as I know, some people already have their offers. I'm starting to worry )-:

Please advise. Thanks guys.

orzzwh

Reaction score
Hi guys. I had my SMU SOE interview in late February but I still haven't gotten any news from them yet. I'm starting to lose hope. I wanna ask if they would send us an email if we are being rejected or they would ignore our application and leave us hanging. As far as I know, some people already have their offers. I'm starting to worry )-:

Please advise. Thanks guys.

If rejects, they probably will inform u on late May. Are u JC or poly?

avril_

Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently studying bm in SMU and I thought I should give you some tips for the interview and I hope this would make things easier for you!

So you will be given an article to read before the interview and a grace period to discuss with your interview batch mates. After which, you would be brought into the interview room where there will be professors facilitating the interview. In my personal opinion, the interview is not pressurising at all because it is really more like a discussion than an interview? So as long as you have utilise the time before to construct your thoughts and voice them out coherently during the interview, you are fine!

Tips:
1) During the pre-interview discussion, MAKE FRIENDS! Get comfortable. So you would be less awkward to voice out your opinions during the discussion.

2) When you have a point at the back of your mind, don't hesitate to voice it out. If you do, people might just say it before you do and you have to painstakingly think of another point to say. The point of the interview is really to see if you are suitable for SMU's vocal and interactive environment, it doesn't really matter imo if you are right or wrong.

3) Dress smartly (formal wear) and smile more for bonus points!!!

It is really quite fun if you don't see it as an interview. As for the written test, don't fret and just construct it like any other essays (Stand -> Agree -> Disagree -> Conclusion). If you struggle with it, you'd probably find out that you are not the only one. All the best! :)

Qosmix

Reaction score
So nobody got any calls asking you guys to head down for information systems interview recently?

Fishball123456

Reaction score
I am currently studying bm in SMU and I thought I should give you some tips for the interview and I hope this would make things easier for you!

So you will be given an article to read before the interview and a grace period to discuss with your interview batch mates. After which, you would be brought into the interview room where there will be professors facilitating the interview. In my personal opinion, the interview is not pressurising at all because it is really more like a discussion than an interview? So as long as you have utilise the time before to construct your thoughts and voice them out coherently during the interview, you are fine!

Tips:
1) During the pre-interview discussion, MAKE FRIENDS! Get comfortable. So you would be less awkward to voice out your opinions during the discussion.

2) When you have a point at the back of your mind, don't hesitate to voice it out. If you do, people might just say it before you do and you have to painstakingly think of another point to say. The point of the interview is really to see if you are suitable for SMU's vocal and interactive environment, it doesn't really matter imo if you are right or wrong.

3) Dress smartly (formal wear) and smile more for bonus points!!!

It is really quite fun if you don't see it as an interview. As for the written test, don't fret and just construct it like any other essays (Stand -> Agree -> Disagree -> Conclusion). If you struggle with it, you'd probably find out that you are not the only one. All the best! :)

Hey there thankyou so much for your help and useful tips! I'll keep them in mind and utilize them !! Really thankful for your effort in typing such a long reply! ;)

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attended SMU's social science admission interview? Received a call yesterday, don't know what to expect from it.....

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hello!

still rmb my smu biz interview last year... knn lots of hot chio bus wearing biz wear... KNN the entire shiat lasted from around 3 pm to 11 pm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.