silencer000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the time on the board is the departure time
most train stays for 2minute only
so if it's 1300, it'll reach at 1258 and leave exactly at 1300

usually it's displayed like this

train name - time - destination (last stop) - track/platform number
Yeah i figured i got it wrong, not 1130 reach but 1130 leave...i sat there for 2 hrs wondering why the train never came :s13:

Sent from the chiobu in my avatar using GAGT

ruummy

Reaction score
Hi,
I need some advice on where to purchase the cheapest oneworld yokoso Japan fare.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
hi, i am flying into Tokyo via Narita in Oct, reaching 8am and would like to travel to osaka for 3 nights before coming back to Tokyo. Regretted not flying into Osaka straight despite of the flight timing. -_-'''

i've researched and see that there are 2 options to get from Narita to Osaka:
1. Via NEX & Tokaido Shinkansen, JR Pass - S$320 round trip
2. Via Peach Aviation - S$130 round trip

Option 2 seems to be a better choice since it is so much cheaper but am afraid of any flight delay. But is there anyone who took the Shinkansen instead for any better reason? Would appreciate any sort of advise as cracking my head for 2 hours just on this.

Thanks alot!

thesal

Reaction score
hi, i am flying into Tokyo via Narita in Oct, reaching 8am and would like to travel to osaka for 3 nights before coming back to Tokyo. Regretted not flying into Osaka straight despite of the flight timing. -_-'''

i've researched and see that there are 2 options to get from Narita to Osaka:
1. Via NEX & Tokaido Shinkansen, JR Pass - S$320 round trip
2. Via Peach Aviation - S$130 round trip

Option 2 seems to be a better choice since it is so much cheaper but am afraid of any flight delay. But is there anyone who took the Shinkansen instead for any better reason? Would appreciate any sort of advise as cracking my head for 2 hours just on this.

Thanks alot!

With opt 1, you get to use a 7D JR pass and get to Tokyo straight when you return (make sure you have things to do for the 7 days though)

With opt 2, you get to save money but you will land at the airport when you returned and so have to take airport transfer again. You will probably need to calculate time spent while taking plane, as well as consider airport transfer cost.

That's an option 3 actually... hotel lodging + round train trip package from Japanican that are quite discounted.
http://www.japanican.com/en/special/tours/shinkansen/tokyo_other.aspx#nav

wlxxiii_

Reaction score
If I have only 1 day free and ez in Tokyo,where should I definitely visit? Also can advise the route so won't waste too much time?

cormet

Reaction score
Trying to sort out my Tokyo + Hokkaido itinerary for end oct to early nov. Roughly planning 3N Tokyo (just for Fuji, Disney and shopping), and about 10N Hokkaido self-drive.

For my self-drive, don't intend to drive in Sapporo city itself. Should I do a loop from Hakodate to Sapporo or the other way round? The places I intend to visit in between are Otaru (day trip from Sapporo), Furano, Biei,Asahikawa, Abashiri, Kushiro, Noboribetsu, Lake Toya, Hakodate. Did I miss town for autumn foliage, and any I should remove that is not so appropriate for autumn?

Thanks!

kokchu

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way to purchase tickets to baseball games in advance? I tried google for a while but did not manage to find out.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kokchu

bberry

Reaction score
from tokyo station, i wanna got to odawara station, stay in hakone for a night, then back to tokyo.

if i buy the Hakone Free Pass in Tokyo, does this pass include the train ride to Odawara and back?

thanks.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from tokyo station, i wanna got to odawara station, stay in hakone for a night, then back to tokyo.

if i buy the Hakone Free Pass in Tokyo, does this pass include the train ride to Odawara and back?

thanks.

nope, the free pass with the ride to/fro tokyo have to embark/disembark from shinjuku.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

if you want to start at tokyo station, you have to take shinkansen (good if you have JR pass) to odawara and buy the cheaper free pass w/o the trip to/fro shinjuku.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks.

u have to take a train to Shinjuku and start the journey from there

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haneda, left hand side

Narita I dun recall if u can see it... if possible, should be the same side

kenzie

Reaction score
I am travelling to tokyo on Nov For 8 days.
I am considering to go to other prefecture nearby and stay 2nights.
where would you recommend?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am travelling to tokyo on Nov For 8 days.
I am considering to go to other prefecture nearby and stay 2nights.
where would you recommend?

8 days itself not long.
Can try Ryokan staying in Hakone or Kawaguchiko.

dehui87

Reaction score
how old are your kids? it may be quite tiring for them if u take the overnight bus. or at least shld take it easy on the day after the overnight bus.

an alternative will be to put nagano and osaka together, and cover them using the 7-day JR pass so u dun need to take overnight bus.

i have not been to the countdown at meiji shrine, but i think it is going to be super crowded. not too good to bring kids there coz it is going to be too tiring for them, and they may get lost in the crowd

Hihi.. Thank you all for your suggestions.. I have refined my itinerary as pet below.. do let me know whether this is feasible..

16 Dec 15
9am: Reach Narita Airport
heads over to disneyland resort to check in. 3d2n at disneyland n disneysea.

18 Dec: Check out from Disney n heads over to Nagano. Targets to reach by 4pm latest At Karuiwaza Prince hotel.

19 Dec: Jigokudani Monkey Park + Ski activity

20 Dec 15: Check out by 10am to Osaka. Targets to reach by 5pm..

21 Dec: Nara (JR Nara Station) go to Nara Koen & Naramachi

22 Dec: Universal Studio Japan (JR Sakurajima Line)

23 Dec: Arashiyama
To visit Monkey Park; Kameoka & River Hozu
+ To visit Umeba Sky Building for Christmas Market

24 Dec:Visit Osaka Aquarium

25 Dec: Depart from osaka at 7am to Mt Fuji.
check in a resort for 3D2N stay. Target to reach at 4pm + Gotemba Premium Outlet store

26 Dec: Lake Kawaguchiko + Fuji-Q land

27 Dec: Check out at 10am n heads over to tokyo. Targets to reach by 4pm latest. Akihabara (Anime building & Final Fantasy Café)

28 Dec:Departs to Bandai Museum (Ishibashi Station) + Heads back to Tokyo Tower or Skytree

29 Dec:Odaiba (Aqua City, Diver City, Rainbow Bridge, Palette town)

30 Dec 15:
Legoland

31 Dec: Ueno Park – Kaneiji Temple, Toshogu Shrine, Kiyomiza Kannon Temple,Bentendo, National Science Museum + Shibuya

1 Jan 16:
10am – Check-out
Roam around apartment area
6pm: Head over to Haneda airport (target to reach by 7.30pm – Flight departure at 11.35pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.