Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvyndb

Reaction score
air con cleaning (starmex)

HI guys,

I tried to clean my air con previously, and while i did it without dismantling much, i thought it will be easier to dismantle the blower and remove it so cleaning can be a breeze. The blower was FILLED with thick black dust that no air was coming out back then. After clearing the dust, i was amazed by how much air was coming out. :s13:
pGfC8k8.jpg

If you noticed the numbering, 1 is where there are screws, after unscrew, the blower can be tilted downwards abit to do cleaning. The right side (number 2) cannot be unscrewed as i need to remove the motor first. I am worried that i cannot fix it back or damage the cables if i did not handle it properly.

Sorry for the quality of pic and small number.

Any experts have similar air con and can advice?

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
HI guys,

I tried to clean my air con previously, and while i did it without dismantling much, i thought it will be easier to dismantle the blower and remove it so cleaning can be a breeze. The blower was FILLED with thick black dust that no air was coming out back then. After clearing the dust, i was amazed by how much air was coming out. :s13:
pGfC8k8.jpg

If you noticed the numbering, 1 is where there are screws, after unscrew, the blower can be tilted downwards abit to do cleaning. The right side (number 2) cannot be unscrewed as i need to remove the motor first. I am worried that i cannot fix it back or damage the cables if i did not handle it properly.

Sorry for the quality of pic and small number.

Any experts have similar air con and can advice?

Mine to share what is the model & brand?
At the right hand end blower did miss slide gap?
If yes then use screw driver for slot in and unscrew out, if inside can't see any screw at all..

Option 2 have to remove fan motor with cooling coil lift up then can see the screw at below of PCB panel.

melvyndb

Reaction score
Mine to share what is the model & brand?
At the right hand end blower did miss slide gap?
If yes then use screw driver for slot in and unscrew out, if inside can't see any screw at all..

Option 2 have to remove fan motor with cooling coil lift up then can see the screw at below of PCB panel.

Hi kimsim,

Thanks for your guide. I thought of option 2 as well, but not sure how to unscrew it as there are some wires involved, and im not good with wires (not sure color means what).

Anyway, i not sure model off hand now, but it's mitshibishi starmex (around 12 years already).

Thanks again for your guide, maybe i should just take video of what i removed, so can fix it back the same way if i forgot how to. :)

thanks.

jumpingaround

Reaction score
Help!

Hi guys need some help here.
This is my first time buying aircon for my humble office in an industrial building.
Ceiling height is 3m. Layout is as stated in the picture.

bc844076-89fe-4e10-b832-fb95103fbc2b.jpg

I have asked for site survey from Courts (Fujitsu) and other companies.
Each said different things.

Courts sales person said I should get 1 x System 2 (around 2800 BTU total)
Site survey (did not do any measurement when he came) said I should get 2 x System 1 (BTU 2000 each)
Experienced property agent said I should be able to make do with just system 2 because the area is small.
There are a few who recommended System 3 and System 4

I am very confused because I would want to have a well airconditioned place for the next few years and yet I do not want to splurge on the aircon as at the end of the day, it is a rental unit. Just need the aircon to be reliable for the next 4 years.

Please help me. TIA!!

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys need some help here.
This is my first time buying aircon for my humble office in an industrial building.
Ceiling height is 3m. Layout is as stated in the picture.

bc844076-89fe-4e10-b832-fb95103fbc2b.jpg

I have asked for site survey from Courts (Fujitsu) and other companies.
Each said different things.

Courts sales person said I should get 1 x System 2 (around 2800 BTU total)
Site survey (did not do any measurement when he came) said I should get 2 x System 1 (BTU 2000 each)
Experienced property agent said I should be able to make do with just system 2 because the area is small.
There are a few who recommended System 3 and System 4

I am very confused because I would want to have a well airconditioned place for the next few years and yet I do not want to splurge on the aircon as at the end of the day, it is a rental unit. Just need the aircon to be reliable for the next 4 years.

Please help me. TIA!!

Should get 24k BTU single split and place on center will do.

Option for get system 3 and package with 2 x 18k FCU is a good choice too.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To jumpingaround,

You want to aircondition the entire office or just the showroom & operation area?

jumpingaround

Reaction score
To jumpingaround,

You want to aircondition the entire office or just the showroom & operation area?

Hi thank you for your reply. I only want the showroom and operation area.
However I do not have any partition, so using the storage metal rack as partition to divide the area.

Courts site survey say that if I insist system 2, there will be no warranty for the unit as it is undersized, even it advertised on newspaper that the aircon comes with 5 years warranty.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Can I check with forumers that recently install Daikin.
There is a feature : after you switched off the unit (via remote),the fan will automatically continue to blow for about a hour to help dry out the condensation to reduce mould.

Does it help ?

Does the Mit Starmex have this feature ?

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
There is a feature : after you switched off the unit (via remote),the fan will automatically continue to blow for about a hour to help dry out the condensation to reduce mould.

Does it help ?

Starmex don't have the same feature, once has off from remote, the auto swing will be stop back to original position.

If continue blow an hour is does not mean is good... Again if still blow the cold air is consider use more energy too.

Check with you, are you installed system 1 or 2? If both FCU are the same, maybe is from the factory setting only.

zeppelin

Reaction score

Does it help ?

Panasonic have this feature too. It helps in reducing moulding. Your fan coil is cold and wet so the blowing of the air helps to dry the coil faster. Nope it does not consume much energy just the fan blowing that's all. Your main compressor is not running at all.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Starmex don't have the same feature, once has off from remote, the auto swing will be stop back to original position.

If continue blow an hour is does not mean is good... Again if still blow the cold air is consider use more energy too.

Check with you, are you installed system 1 or 2? If both FCU are the same, maybe is from the factory setting only.

Hi Kimsim,
I haven't bought yet, still considering betw the two brands.

Daikin unit is off via remote (power point ON position) , only fan blowing so consumption is minimal.
Daikin calls it Mould-Proof operation in their brochure (applicable to model FTKS25D and 35D only).

Something like a turbo car, turn engine off, the cooling fan blows for a few minutes to cool the turbine.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Panasonic have this feature too. It helps in reducing moulding. Your fan coil is cold and wet so the blowing of the air helps to dry the coil faster. Nope it does not consume much energy just the fan blowing that's all. Your main compressor is not running at all.

Hi Zeppelin,
OK noted....That means if I choose Mit Starmex, I have to use the remote, select MODE to fan only and set timer.

Google 'black mold' to see the health concerns.
I am worried about mould as it is toxic and hazardous leading to multiple health issues whether in aircon units or bathrooms. Anyone at home having sinus problem could be due to mold.
-- http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/03/molds-making-you-ill.aspx#!

Since mold or mould spores can be airborne, pls see this from Astiquer:
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myewlxb59AY

Those doing self cleaning: Wear a mask, shower 'and if mold spores flies to the bed, vacuum them or whatever.

Last edited:

biaxident

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has an opinion about York and Midea aircons?

Saw the new York Sys 4, w/ wifi control (not that important) and a 4 tick rating. How does that stack up against the established brands like MEC, MHI, Daikin, Fujitsu etc?

Also, how's the noise level on the York?

Also saw Midea, which was very cheap comparatively. Any comments on that model? 2 tick rating only. I know it's an MIC product, but the sales guy said that if you use the a/c sparingly, it should be OK.

Looking to balance between price, noise, reliability and electrical efficiency.

Comments pls?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Kimsim,
I haven't bought yet, still considering betw the two brands.

Daikin unit is off via remote (power point ON position) , only fan blowing so consumption is minimal.
Daikin calls it Mould-Proof operation in their brochure (applicable to model FTKS25D and 35D only).

Something like a turbo car, turn engine off, the cooling fan blows for a few minutes to cool the turbine.

Seem like good for when it is new.
After 3 to 6 months later still need ask contractor for service right.

Adelyte

Reaction score

Does it help ?

The mold-proof is a very convenience feature. By default it is not on. u need to press the mod-proof button to activate it.

Once u set it on ur remote, it will active automatically after ur aircon is switch off. eg, i set timer to switch off aircon at 6am, with mold-proof the blower will still run for an hour with fan mode to dry the unit.

after which it will off it totally.

STREAM2

Reaction score
The mold-proof is a very convenience feature. By default it is not on. u need to press the mod-proof button to activate it.

Once u set it on ur remote, it will active automatically after ur aircon is switch off. eg, i set timer to switch off aircon at 6am, with mold-proof the blower will still run for an hour with fan mode to dry the unit.

after which it will off it totally.

Thks to Adelyte, for the feedback.

Thks Kimsim , yep I agree there's still need to do the regular service and with this feature, it will reduce mold growth betw the servicings.

Cheers!

terumo

Reaction score
The mold function (where the fan spins for a period of time after the aircon is turned off) or if you set to fan mode will help to prevent mold & lengthen the time needed for servicing.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has an opinion about York and Midea aircons?

Saw the new York Sys 4, w/ wifi control (not that important) and a 4 tick rating. How does that stack up against the established brands like MEC, MHI, Daikin, Fujitsu etc?

Also, how's the noise level on the York?

Also saw Midea, which was very cheap comparatively. Any comments on that model? 2 tick rating only. I know it's an MIC product, but the sales guy said that if you use the a/c sparingly, it should be OK.

Looking to balance between price, noise, reliability and electrical efficiency.

Comments pls?

haha - what a joke. Your salesman must be a joker. I encountered many salesman recently to ask about A/C. 8/10 of them warned me a "no no"

Not much comment but reliability & efficiency - I rather spend more on Starmex or Daikin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.