NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie8333

Reaction score
Hey... me too!

Appeals can be submitted by those whose application outcomes are known (offer or reject) . If your application is still pending, you may wish to wait for SMU to inform you of the outcome in writing.

What's ur GPA? :) Actually smu won't call people for interview in May right? Or I have high chance of getting rejection letter?

dancingcrabs

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've applied for Psychology at NTU the second time this year. My GPA is 3.70, L1R4 being 9 and I've failed to enter again. However, my friend who scored 3.69, having a L1R4 of 10, managed to enter.

Can I just ask those with experience, is A maths a priority here? Because that is the only thing that separates us. If so, is there any way or method I can appeal for this? Thanks!

Hey I managed to get an offer from NTU Psychology on my second attempt after failing last year. I've got a pretty similar academic profile as you - GPA 3.70, L1R4 5. I don't know if scoring well or having taken Additional Mathematics for O's will affect your admission chances into the course but I did obtain an A1 grade for it. I received the outcome in early April, and it came as a (really pleasant) surprise too because I did not even hit the previous year's tenth percentile.

Last edited:

Qosmix

Reaction score
I can also access the appeal page but I can't hand up my appeal letter because my application is still processing. And i have yet to get interview :(

Did u try to type the 1000 words? I could actually access that. Is that the same for you ?

Qosmix

Reaction score
Hey... me too!

Appeals can be submitted by those whose application outcomes are known (offer or reject) . If your application is still pending, you may wish to wait for SMU to inform you of the outcome in writing.

So were you able to access the page where they asked you to select the reason for appeal and for entering your essay? Because i am able to and was wondering if i have already been rejected but they didnt update the application status yet

Edit: tried to submit an appeal but apparently it went through. Probably have to call admissions office to delete that tomorrow morning...

Last edited:

Qosmix

Reaction score
I can't type the 1000 words yet. I can't hand up any appeal letter cause they have yet to reject me :(

So you tried to submit but it doesnt go through? Cuz i sent in a 1 word appeal and it went through after choosing a reason too

Sophie8333

Reaction score
So you tried to submit but it doesnt go through? Cuz i sent in a 1 word appeal and it went through after choosing a reason too

Yeap. I can't type anything on the appeal page. They only show that my application is still processing. I think you should call the admission office to tell them about it.

Qosmix

Reaction score
Yeap. I can't type anything on the appeal page. They only show that my application is still processing. I think you should call the admission office to tell them about it.

I called alr eh! They told me its supposed to be open to everyone??

igniteyourbonesx

Reaction score
[DESPERATE HELP] NTU - LMS interview

HI

I'm a poly graduate and I just received an email saying that Ive been offered for an interview tomorrow, which comes as a total shock to me as I wasn't expecting much when I applied.
*panicking* :crazy:

So, has anyone went through NTU - Linguistics and Multilingual Studies interview this year?

I understand that there will be a test and an interview with the prof afterwards.

Can anyone kindly advice me on how the whole thing will be like? What is the test like? What are some of the questions that were asked? Any tips?

Please help.

Thanks in advance

stressedout95

Reaction score
Hi! I applied for all which have 70 RP cut off. Computer science, comp engg, chem and biological chem, mathematical sciences. I was told that I might have to appeal but I'm frankly saddened that I didn't make it even through DA :( SMU hasn't even gotten back to me either

You should be on the dot for the comp science course if NTU is what you're talking about!maybe their igp increased slightly this year? I have friend who got 72.5rp without mother tongue and got offered already, just a gauge for you, but they will really release the results in batches like they've said so not to worry too much! Another thing will be your subjects, are they related to Comp science?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've applied for Psychology at NTU the second time this year. My GPA is 3.70, L1R4 being 9 and I've failed to enter again. However, my friend who scored 3.69, having a L1R4 of 10, managed to enter.

Can I just ask those with experience, is A maths a priority here? Because that is the only thing that separates us. If so, is there any way or method I can appeal for this? Thanks!

Hey I managed to get an offer from NTU Psychology on my second attempt after failing last year. I've got a pretty similar academic profile as you - GPA 3.70, L1R4 5. I don't know if scoring well or having taken Additional Mathematics for O's will affect your admission chances into the course but I did obtain an A1 grade for it. I received the outcome in early April, and it came as a (really pleasant) surprise too because I did not even hit the previous year's tenth percentile.

I think its quite obvious that psych requires A math. Or at least some form of math. Their minimum is a good grade in A-level H1 math. Which could be said to be equivalent to an O-level A math.

Its probably due to their stats requirements. I know some NUS psych students struggle with the basic stats and if they cant get past the stats mod, they cant graduate. I guess NTU is trying to prevent that.

slayerfin

Reaction score
Hello, anyone applying for mech engineering has not received from any uni (I applied for NUS and NTU) yet? I'm JC kid with 80 rp. I know I shouldn't worry too much but I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat. Thanks

I scored all A but a D in GP. Applied for NUS chemical engineering and still waiting as of now

Sophie8333

Reaction score
Haha. Thats not nice of you. Have you even went for the interview?

I am sorry if you feel offended :( cause I saw those info on the website. I didn't went for interview so I am also just waiting for my rejection letter.

slayerfin

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know how foreigner students (those that took Alvl in sg) are disadvantaged when it comes to university admissions? I heard that there are set quotas on the number of foreign students for each course. Also will they be competing against other foreign students or with Singaporeans?

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
Is it weird that NUS has yet to process my application at all............... and i only applied for 1 course...

Qosmix

Reaction score
I am sorry if you feel offended :( cause I saw those info on the website. I didn't went for interview so I am also just waiting for my rejection letter.

I get what you mean. The appeals faqs did state that only students who have been accepted or rejected can make an online appeal.

Just curious, is there anyone else who went for the interview and have their application status as still processing who is able to make an online appeal? Admissions office told me that there have been a few others who experienced this issue but that we are not rejected yet unless stated.

slayerfin

Reaction score
My application has been processing for close to 2 weeks now. NUS making me feel anxious and all...

zengx2

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know how foreigner students (those that took Alvl in sg) are disadvantaged when it comes to university admissions? I heard that there are set quotas on the number of foreign students for each course. Also will they be competing against other foreign students or with Singaporeans?

Hi, from what I am aware of the quota for foreign students are capped at 18% in NTU. This means that instead of competing with the locals for the 82% vacancy, you will be competing with other foreigners for the 18% vacancy unless they changed the system. I'm not sure about NUS though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.