The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought from hairbroducts. But dk where to get a decent hair dryer any recommendation? Thanks a mil

thanks bro! i will be bringing in babyliss professional hair dryer pretty soon.
if you can wait out, then ok.
if not you can get panasonic from any big electrical store in SG.
Philips also not bad.

Xenoxide

Reaction score
Hey JH, just received my os salt spray and the sample in a nice bag. Would definitely get from you again. Thank you!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm okay to wait. Roughly when will it be launch? :)

i hope early june!? haha
prices won't be more than $80.

did a market search, a good powerful braun, panasonic and philip main stream hair dryer cost $90 and above.
so i am trying to keep it low for all.
might even only cost $60 odd

sogatda

Reaction score
Modify pomade smells like the sweetest thing in the world, its not the strong cologne scent like suavecito or railcar pomade but u jus have to try it. it doesn't smell too strong or masculine and girls do like it better. sometime i open my jar just to smell it jus to get some kick lol.

peppermint pomade only may be a bit overwhelming if ur not used to minty menthol sensation... hold wise it is better than modify pomade but hold strength and slickness still lose to those major pomade brands like suavecito or slick devil.

i have tried many diff pomades and sold off those that i dun like, but i still keep 2 with me. modify pomade + suavecito firme, even tho i dun use them often now due to short hair. but then again, hdf isnt really well known for their pomade. its more for claymation & the quicksand hype

if you are seriously looking for what a pomade does best, go for well known brands like suavecito

otherwise stick with the usual by vilain, hdf or mister pomp for your wax/clay/shampoo needs. thy all work to varying degrees depending on your hair type. no harm buy all and try them all, ddun like the product? jus sel it on carousell. seems theres quite a demand to buy slightly used products for decent price. especially more well known brands ;)

dj_flame

Reaction score
What pomade do you guys recommend?

Was looking at hdf as it's water based and has good shine, that's the 2 most important things for me along with good hold.

Thanks!

Sent from Pulau Semakau offshore landfill using GAGT
Just curious why pomade? You are going for the tightly slicked down look with some shine? Because waxes are infinitely better than pomades for the popular undercut style with lots of volume (I'm assuming thats your hairstyle since its like cockroaches everywhere :D) given how chinese/asian hair reacts in the Singapore climate.

Do share :)

if you are seriously looking for what a pomade does best, go for well known brands like suavecito
I do find suavecito decent but its a pomade in name only. It behaves more like a thick goopy gel, which means it actually HARDENS my hair. Actually not a bad thing if you really want to stick your hair in place but i felt like I was wearing a plastic wig (i'm exaggerating but you get what I mean)

Jasseo

Reaction score
Hi guys, since young I've been going to my dad's stylist, and I think it's time for a change, so I'm looking for a Korean stylist for the next few years. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of zinc Korean or Lacoco. And do you think I should be familiar with a stylist first, before doing a perm, treatmen etc?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here might be interested in travel size 75ml Sidekick Pre styling spray?

Rated R Edge

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Gatsby really that bad for hair? Every salon i go to they criticise it like hell. Other than hard to wash off still got what disadvantage?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Gatsby really that bad for hair? Every salon i go to they criticise it like hell. Other than hard to wash off still got what disadvantage?

This point alone is bad enough. Lets not talk about application wise since this might be considered secondary to some. Primarily, styling products are used to make you look good, well groomed. However one important point - it has to be washable, or at least reasonably washable. But IMO, gatsby does not fulfil this point at all. So consider this question. Are you able to accept a product which u cannot wash off easily at the end of the day?

Its like makeup. If you are unable to cleanse off easily when you got home and stains of makeup are left on your face, are you able to accept it? Though hair is not part of our skin, but once damaged over time, the ramifications are far worse off as effects are considerably hard to reverse.

Sharing my personal experience with Gatsby (both purple and grey moving rubber). I didnt start out knowing about hair products and like many, my first went to Gatsby. Not long after,, i began to realize that its hard to wash it off and my hair is never clean after shampoo ing, even so if its 2-3times consecutively. I was using heads and shoulders back then. Foolishly enough, i ignored it as i couldnt really do anything much about it. Changing shampoo didnt occur to me as to me, shampoo is just shampoo. Nope, no conditioner too. It was until my salon stylist said that my hair is dirty and i began to realize that there were a high amount of hair fall (hair strands) in my bedroom. Then i began to switch to other products and shampoo.

So if you are still thinking of using Gatsby for whatever reasons, please feel free. But please do yourself a favour - use a good shampoo to cleanse. Gatsby is like eyeliner which is hard to remove. That cannot be removed entirely by normal make up remover and has to be done by eyemakeup remover. To me, Gatsby failed as a product because it failed to help the general group of consumers utilise nett benefits, when using it recursively.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey JH, just received my os salt spray and the sample in a nice bag. Would definitely get from you again. Thank you!

Thank you for the support, bro! I am currently giving out a new shampoo sample for people to try out. This new shampoo will come in next month. As usual, i tried out it personally. Felt that its really good stuff. The smell is amazing.

Rated R Edge

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This point alone is bad enough. Lets not talk about application wise since this might be considered secondary to some. Primarily, styling products are used to make you look good, well groomed. However one important point - it has to be washable, or at least reasonably washable. But IMO, gatsby does not fulfil this point at all. So consider this question. Are you able to accept a product which u cannot wash off easily at the end of the day?

Its like makeup. If you are unable to cleanse off easily when you got home and stains of makeup are left on your face, are you able to accept it? Though hair is not part of our skin, but once damaged over time, the ramifications are far worse off as effects are considerably hard to reverse.

Sharing my personal experience with Gatsby (both purple and grey moving rubber). I didnt start out knowing about hair products and like many, my first went to Gatsby. Not long after,, i began to realize that its hard to wash it off and my hair is never clean after shampoo ing, even so if its 2-3times consecutively. I was using heads and shoulders back then. Foolishly enough, i ignored it as i couldnt really do anything much about it. Changing shampoo didnt occur to me as to me, shampoo is just shampoo. Nope, no conditioner too. It was until my salon stylist said that my hair is dirty and i began to realize that there were a high amount of hair fall (hair strands) in my bedroom. Then i began to switch to other products and shampoo.

So if you are still thinking of using Gatsby for whatever reasons, please feel free. But please do yourself a favour - use a good shampoo to cleanse. Gatsby is like eyeliner which is hard to remove. That cannot be removed entirely by normal make up remover and has to be done by eyemakeup remover. To me, Gatsby failed as a product because it failed to help the general group of consumers utilise nett benefits, when using it recursively.

Haha okay thanks for info. Why heads and shoulders bad ah and what makes a good shampoo? Can recommend some good ones that can be found in singapore market?

sogatda

Reaction score
nv buy anymore new pomade lo cos hair short...

not lowball, just getting my best bang for buck.
cos i see hor only like mensbazaar carrying it for $15. travel size (price incld for normal mail)

so the range should be around $10-15?
consumer mindset la hahaha

my definition of low ball is like < half of retail... im not that cheapskate. :s8:

Lowballer spotted! Haha joking la... You bought your pomade already bo? Waiting until my neck getting longer and longer

Sent from from using using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.