The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc88

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Finally, almost a month without dapper. And no dapper in the new thread! Hahaha:s13:

Anyway, I am here looking for advice. I have been using Silver fox for the past 6 months and there's less than 10-15% left to go. Well… i think the wax sort of soften upon application after approximately 30mins and lose a lot of volume thereafter. It's a little too pliable too. I actually prefer something that harden a little upon application. Any products to recommend? What about Vantachi? I heard it's sticky and I suppose sticky products tend to harden?

Cheers:s12:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Finally, almost a month without dapper. And no dapper in the new thread! Hahaha:s13:

Anyway, I am here looking for advice. I have been using Silver fox for the past 6 months and there's less than 10-15% left to go. Well… i think the wax sort of soften upon application after approximately 30mins and lose a lot of volume thereafter. It's a little too pliable too. I actually prefer something that harden a little upon application. Any products to recommend? What about Vantachi? I heard it's sticky and I suppose sticky products tend to harden?

Dapper on first page luh.

Eh.. My vantachi doesn't harden tho

Bulletbreaker

Reaction score
Any of you tried the penhaligon's bayolea pomade? I heard it has the best scent than any pomade? And if any of you is selling them, do hit me up with PM! Cheers!

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gaoxing, wher is the link to your site?

I have short hair, just wanted a wax or promade to put everything in place but not gel kind of hardening.

can recommend a no shine, medium hold, not so dry during application but easily washable kind?
have tried railcar but dont like the initial shine, imperial matt cos super no hold plus abit dry when applying.

thanx

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps!

not exactly. lol. gold digger is sticky but it doesn't harden.
you got use any volumising spray prior to styling?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gaoxing, wher is the link to your site?

I have short hair, just wanted a wax or promade to put everything in place but not gel kind of hardening.

can recommend a no shine, medium hold, not so dry during application but easily washable kind?
have tried railcar but dont like the initial shine, imperial matt cos super no hold plus abit dry when applying.

thanx

www.hairbroducts.sg
dynamite clay is your choice.
lol

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any of you tried the penhaligon's bayolea pomade? I heard it has the best scent than any pomade? And if any of you is selling them, do hit me up with PM! Cheers!

You should be able to find it at the Penhaligon's store in ION Orchard or MBS.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Simple water rinse and blow dry with a tiny amount of product used.

10.05.15_zps9kbfnd84.jpg~original

Anyone care to guess what's in my hair? It's not product Z :)

You should be able to find it at the Penhaligon's store in ION Orchard or MBS.
Holy mother of markups.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Simple water rinse and blow dry with a tiny amount of product used.

10.05.15_zps9kbfnd84.jpg~original

Anyone care to guess what's in my hair? It's not product Z :)

Holy mother of markups.

lol the 32 pounds in official website. official sg store confirm even more sia... faint

lol how to guess sia... u alr say a tiny amount of product. u use gatsby we also cant tell =:p

dj_flame

Reaction score
^Tru dat dude.

Haha it's just a 20 cent amount of imperial pomade finger scrunched all around.

Just had a trim on Friday after 13 weeks of not visiting the hair saloon. Everyone in FEP has now raised their prices (Clover now charges $50-70 for John and Kleida, who are my bros but still! And I believe Kobayashi is now $30!)

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^Tru dat dude.

Just had a trim on Friday after 13 weeks of not visiting the hair saloon. Everyone in FEP has now raised their prices (Clover now charges $50-70 for John and Kleida, who are my bros but still! And I believe Kobayashi is now $30!)
Yea man. Kobayashi charges 30dollar also.

Nowadays not surprised any salon charging above 30dollars :/

Sent from from using using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
^Tru dat dude.

Booo everything more exp... Lol I should go for a trim soon.. I think approaching 7 months since I last went to shunji matsuo... Now the clover pricing like more ex than shunji that time liao. Siao liao siao liao need look for cheaper alternative le *searchison*

Kiyosumi

Reaction score
Hi bros,

I was wondering if you can help me with some hair product advice

I tend to use Gatsby styling wax, the black/grey one (not moving rubber).

I'm looking for high hold and matte finish with no shine.

Do you think hdf claymation is best for me? Or the hdf quicksand.

I was also tempted by gold digger after the reviews. Anyways I'm currently wearing a quiff hair style.

thanks

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update. By vilain prices are going to be controlled and it will rise to 29 SGD across. So those who want to get their fix get it soon. Stock up! 20% off my site storewide

cesc88

Reaction score
not exactly. lol. gold digger is sticky but it doesn't harden.
you got use any volumising spray prior to styling?

Yes, use OS sea salt spray. I feel that Silver fox is too heavy for my hair. I have slightly curly hair; and shortly after i style my hair, it will fall slightly and curled itself on the side. Can Dynamite Clay do a better job? But I heard its hold isn't fantastic. And is it even more pliable compared to Silver fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.