Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesal

Reaction score
got a few days in late nov for osaka, at the moment can't find any ideal and reasonably priced hotels with free cancellation. either non-refundable or prices >S$160. maybe i should just book first to play safe and continue monitoring in the meanwhile.

japanican used to have more hotels that weren't payment in advance unlike now.

Can try this, the studio ensuites are pretty nice for the pricing.
http://osaka.hanahostel.com/rate_e.html

Sukoo

Reaction score
when and which part of japan u going?
makes a big difference

I refer to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route... Next week.
A friend of mine just came back from there two weeks ago, she said just wear the normal track shoes with thick socks. I hope so.. cause bring my kids along. Hopefully they can cope with the temperature.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I refer to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route... Next week.
A friend of mine just came back from there two weeks ago, she said just wear the normal track shoes with thick socks. I hope so.. cause bring my kids along. Hopefully they can cope with the temperature.

http://www.alpen-route.com/en/introduction/climate-clothing
looks like it is still quite cold in june. temperature can drop a lot in the mountains esp when it is cloudy or raining with strong wind.

thick socks and normal shoes shld be fine coz usually our legs and feet can tahan a bit of cold. more impt is the body and hands. good to have jacket and gloves.

kanashii23

Reaction score
use to get bmobile connection but recently got number of new 4G providers like so-net , yokoso prepaid card . changi mifi rental .

Staying for 8 days. Which SIM Card do you recommend nowadays ?

can collect at airport post office or order online now.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use to get bmobile connection but recently got number of new 4G providers like so-net , yokoso prepaid card . changi mifi rental .

Staying for 8 days. Which SIM Card do you recommend nowadays ?

can collect at airport post office or order online now.

How about cards that you can buy off the shelves at Yodobashi or BIC camera? Are they fast and reliable?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the BIC camera prepaid sims during my trip this month

they are pretty good. Connection was decent even in Nikko

anyone went to sumida fireworks festival before?

Need to go how early in the day to "chope" place

knowing the Japanese, you might really need to consider dedicating a whole day towards this event

Last edited:

kippei

Reaction score
Do need advise from all the hokkaido experts (First Timer)
Will be travelling from 30Jul-08Aug2015 to hokkaido

Itinerary
Day 1-3
Reach Sapporo-Chitose 9plus
Take JR to Asahikawa or Biei
Pick up car at Asahikawa or Biei to B&B
Travel around Furano/biei

Day 3-6
Return rental car
Set off to Hakodate from Asahikawa/biei via JR
Accomodation in Hakodate
Roam around hakodate
Any recommendation of food & places to visit.

Day 6-9
Set off to Sapporo city
Check in Hotel and roam around sapporo city
Visit Otaru

Day 9
afternoon flight back sg

1. Any advise whether i should pick up rental car in Asahikawa or Biei? My B&B is in Biei (Pension Muginoho)
2. For rental cars, which rental company should i go for?
3. For the JR-Pass, how many days pass should i get to get the best value? I am only driving for 2-3 days (within Furano) and will prefer to take the fastest route to the Hakodate from day3
4. Local sim card is compatible with samsung 4g phones? Which telco to go for?
5. Anything else to take note?

i be boarding the return flight from sapporo-chitose therefore i chosen to visit Hakodate first.

Last edited:

jacques.jiean

Reaction score
Hi, I have 4 full days in Osaka, 3 in Kyoto and 1 in Nara. I'm thinking if 3 days in Kyoto is too much?

Day 1: Nijo Castle, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Kamogawa River, Nishiki Market, Pontocho

Day 2: Higashiyama, Kiko miru data, Gion, Fushumi Inari

Day 3: Scenic Train, Arashiyama, Iwatayama Monkey Park, Kinkakuji.

seems a bit too relax right? can put day 2 and 3 together?

Sent from bored hole using GAGT

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have 4 full days in Osaka, 3 in Kyoto and 1 in Nara. I'm thinking if 3 days in Kyoto is too much?

Day 1: Nijo Castle, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Kamogawa River, Nishiki Market, Pontocho

Day 2: Higashiyama, Kiko miru data, Gion, Fushumi Inari

Day 3: Scenic Train, Arashiyama, Iwatayama Monkey Park, Kinkakuji.

seems a bit too relax right? can put day 2 and 3 together?

3 days for Kyoto is just nice.
can put kinkakuji in day 2 instead as it doesn't go with Arashiyama

4 days in Osaka may be a bit long though. what have u planned for Osaka? u may want to consider going Himeji and kobe if u have extra days

if u are concern about having too many days in a certain place, maybe u can base ur entire trip in Osaka. that way u can change ur itinerary as and when u want.

Vismark

Reaction score
Don know what happen the hotel rate today for Sunroute Plaza all shoot up.
Last week I check for 2 twin economy room during october is 1894.86.
Today the price is 2066.79.
I take the yen price and deduct using the arcade rate as of today.
Some of the September week which previously can be book below 1.7k for economy now also shoot up above 1.7k.

jacques.jiean

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I was looking at Himeji and Kobe and it seems like there's nothing much (oh btw, im not getting JR pass, maybe kansai thru pass? not sure yet cos it seems like it's not very worth it).

Osaka Itinerary as follows:
Day 1: Osaka Tenmangu Shrine, Tenjinbashi-suji Shopping Street, Osaka Museum of Housing and Living, Mitsui Outlet Park, Namba area, Denden, Dotonbori (staying in this area)

Day 2: Ramen Museum, Umeda/Osaka Station area (Shopping, Hep 5), Kamigata Ukiyo-e Museum.

Day 3: USJ

Day 4: Osaka Castle, Osaka History Museum, Rinku Premium Outlet (flight at 11.30pm)

I'm thinking of squeezing my Kyoto into 2.5 days den with this one extra day I have no firm plans yet. Anything must visit that I did not list out? Considering suggestion of Kobe/Heimeji if there's nth else in Osaka.

My plan to shorten Kyoto is because my friend say she did Kyoto in 1 day and was shocked that I leave 3 full days for it.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I was looking at Himeji and Kobe and it seems like there's nothing much (oh btw, im not getting JR pass, maybe kansai thru pass? not sure yet cos it seems like it's not very worth it).

Osaka Itinerary as follows:
Day 1: Osaka Tenmangu Shrine, Tenjinbashi-suji Shopping Street, Osaka Museum of Housing and Living, Mitsui Outlet Park, Namba area, Denden, Dotonbori (staying in this area)

Day 2: Ramen Museum, Umeda/Osaka Station area (Shopping, Hep 5), Kamigata Ukiyo-e Museum.

Day 3: USJ

Day 4: Osaka Castle, Osaka History Museum, Rinku Premium Outlet (flight at 11.30pm)

I'm thinking of squeezing my Kyoto into 2.5 days den with this one extra day I have no firm plans yet. Anything must visit that I did not list out? Considering suggestion of Kobe/Heimeji if there's nth else in Osaka.

My plan to shorten Kyoto is because my friend say she did Kyoto in 1 day and was shocked that I leave 3 full days for it.

u can get bus pass to get ard Kyoto. otherwise u dun need any passes if it is just nara, Kyoto and Osaka. if u are going Himeji, u can get 1-day JR west kansai area pass.

looks like u are squeezing a lot of places for Osaka. u may want to prioritises in case u cant cover everything. u can also consider going Osaka aquarium.

1 day for Kyoto is really too short, even if touch-and-go also difficult to cover all the main attractions.

jacques.jiean

Reaction score
u can get bus pass to get ard Kyoto. otherwise u dun need any passes if it is just nara, Kyoto and Osaka. if u are going Himeji, u can get 1-day JR west kansai area pass.

looks like u are squeezing a lot of places for Osaka. u may want to prioritises in case u cant cover everything. u can also consider going Osaka aquarium.

1 day for Kyoto is really too short, even if touch-and-go also difficult to cover all the main attractions.
thank you for your further advise. I think I will slot in Heimeji and Kobe in and prioritise the places to visit in osaka. I was thinking if my last 2 days as follows, will it be worth 4000 yen kansai thru 2 days pass?

Day 1: Himeiji, Kobe Haborland, Meriken Park, Chinatown, Kitano-cho (Got this day trip itinerary online)
Day 2: Tsutenkaku, Tennoji Temple, back to Hotel, Rinku Premium Outlet, Kansai Airport.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you for your further advise. I think I will slot in Heimeji and Kobe in and prioritise the places to visit in osaka. I was thinking if my last 2 days as follows, will it be worth 4000 yen kansai thru 2 days pass?

Day 1: Himeiji, Kobe Haborland, Meriken Park, Chinatown, Kitano-cho (Got this day trip itinerary online)
Day 2: Tsutenkaku, Tennoji Temple, back to Hotel, Rinku Premium Outlet, Kansai Airport.

JR west kansai area pass will be a better choice for going Himeji because JR train is a lot faster.
u can calculate to see if it is worth it to get 1 or 2 days for JR west kansai area pass.

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

please take note that the houses in Kitano-Cho closes at 5pm...so you will probably need to leave Himeji at around noon if you want to enter some of the houses....

Kobe Harborland and Meriken Park besides the shopping malls in the area is a dead town at night.....the only places attractions are Kobe Tower and the park commemorating the Kobe earthquake

if you want to spend more time in Kobe..I suggest you can just arrange one full day since Osaka is really just next door to Kobe

I tried this itenary before and i felt that i didn't really get a good feel for Kobe and was quite rush although Himeji Castle was exceptionally beautiful during the cherry blossom season

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We are transitting in Tokyo for 6 days, otw back from US. Planning to store our big luggage at Narita and travelling lighter while in Japan. Any idea which would be cheaper, lockers or bag storage like GPA? There will be at least 2 large suitcases.

deexay

Reaction score
will be going to hokkaido 2 weeks later for 7 nights. very last minute trip due to the mers outbreak in korea so we have to make changes. i've read that lavenders will only be in full bloom in july at furano and biei, can anyone advise about the flower fields around mid june? not sure if it's still worthwhile to visit if they have not yet bloomed.

day 1: reach sapporo at 3pm, walk around the city
day 2: furano, biei, asahikawa. staying there for a night probably
day 3-4: otaru, toya, noboribetsu (will be storing luggage at otaru station while exploring then take a train to toya/noboribetsu)
day 5: hakodate
day 6: hakodate
day 7: back to sapporo
day 8: morning flight back to sg

is the itinerary too rushed? if flowers are not in bloom, i'll probably forgo furano and spend more time in hakodate and toya area. will self-drive in furano and toya. appreciate any comments here. thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.