The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Picked up the Layrite Super Hold from dapplegentleman this afternoon.

Nice chap :)

IMG_20150614_131136.jpg

Thanks for the support bro!

Sent from TGS using GAGT

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What you meant by don't hold? Lol what style you doing? Haha reason why people don't tell you stuff like this.
Lol. My partner made stickers and paste inside the cab to tell ppl not to remove and throw away the sealant.
I tell verbally if meet up.
Hair dryer works but don't melt it entirely.

Wow. Initially I though the 2 brothers were very thoughtful. Now realised it was the seller (also 2 brothers?) Good job gaoxing84

Dynamic clay user here. Awesome stuff.

dj_flame

Reaction score
I think its because the wax became too dry and it's so difficult to work into my hair so at first when i style it it looks okay but after like an hour it just flops around and eventually falls all over. The style i am doing is just a normal pompadour ah. I wish i would i known that earlier though i thought it was because it doesn't suit my hair type until i saw a earlier post about By Vilain products having the tendency of drying up without the sealant.
i dislike answering these kind of posts, but too many people have the belief that the product alone will hold up the hairstyle.

Given how humid our climate is, there is no way you can replicate those youtube hair styles all day unless you use a mixture of cement and hairspray on your hair (which is pretty dumb)

The trick is simple:
1. Learn to blow dry
2. Learn to blow dry with a brush for added volume
3. Use a pre styler / sea salt spray / "boost" or "volume" powder

No way around the dilemma. Relying on the product to provide majority of the hold is a bad thing because the moisture in Singapore will sooner or later weigh the hair down. It's smarter to use high heat to force the hair to go where you want to go, and use product for a bit of extra hold and texture (or shine, whatever floats your boat)

Now someone can volunteer to shoot a hair styling video for me i can show you how to blow dry. It isn't rocket science, just ask your hairstylist how to blow dry next time you get a haircut.

edit: I'm going to take a before / after pic tomorrow morning where i go from bedhead, to damp hair, to blow dried and then to the final hairstyle with just sufficient product and NO hairspray.

TL;DR version: you want awesome volumey hair, learn to use a blowdryer and a pre styler

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh dj flame, i have HDF modify pomade, 95% left.
you want bo? $10
thought you might wanna try it

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dislike answering these kind of posts, but too many people have the belief that the product alone will hold up the hairstyle.

Given how humid our climate is, there is no way you can replicate those youtube hair styles all day unless you use a mixture of cement and hairspray on your hair (which is pretty dumb)

The trick is simple:
1. Learn to blow dry

No way around the dilemma. Relying on the product to provide majority of the hold is a bad thing because the moisture in Singapore will sooner or later weigh the hair down. It's smarter to use high heat to force the hair to go where you want to go, and use product for a bit of extra hold and texture (or shine, whatever floats your boat)

Now someone can volunteer to shoot a hair styling video for me i can show you how to blow dry. It isn't rocket science, just ask your hairstylist how to blow dry next time you get a haircut.

edit: I'm going to take a before / after pic tomorrow morning where i go from bedhead, to damp hair, to blow dried and then to the final hairstyle with just sufficient product and NO hairspray.

TL;DR version: you want awesome volumey hair, learn to use a blowdryer and a pre styler

i am a 100% behind you!
i can shoot i got equipment but i no skills to edit haha

dappergentleman

Reaction score

The trick is simple:
1. Learn to blow dry

Waiting for le picture �

Sent from TGS using GAGT

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, blowing can be time consuming, esp if you're gonna be late for work.

So I comb down with pomade and problem solved. :o

Just got my haircut at HOS for $20bucks. :p

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, blowing can be time consuming, esp if you're gonna be late for work.

So I comb down with pomade and problem solved. :o

Just got my haircut at HOS for $20bucks. :p

show pic leh.
curious to see how your comb down looks like :D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaoxing, around when will u start selling the hairdryer?

haha waiting for shipment.
probably by end of this month, will be up on my site.

keep a lookout, i will post here and my facebook page. :D

thank you!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exact same version, just higher forehead, thinning hairline. :o

But last time when I met you at tampines to collect GD, my hair was cut n style by Apple from Matsui Studio.

wah cannot remember already.
:s13:

must be damn long ago!

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exact same version, just higher forehead, thinning hairline. :o

But last time when I met you at tampines to collect GD, my hair was cut n style by Apple from Matsui Studio.

Do you also style your hair like the pic u shared? Would have thought pomade more appropriate product if so? The hair is actually cut pretty 'thin' and 'layered' that's geared towards use of pomade. Would be interesting to see a "GD matt" version of that hair style.

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you also style your hair like the pic u shared? Would have thought pomade more appropriate product if so? The hair is actually cut pretty 'thin' and 'layered' that's geared towards use of pomade. Would be interesting to see a "GD matt" version of that hair style.

Yes, I styled the same as the pic. cut at Hounds of the Baskervilles, and using pomades to style.

If you're using GD, you can actually do it on damp hair for ease of combing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.