NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_bear

Reaction score
Functions and graphs. Trigonometric identities, inverses, equations, and applications. Exponential and logarithmic functions. Vector and its applications. Sequences and series. Limits and continuity. Differentiation and its applications. Integration and its applications.

Are any of these modules relevant for NTU computer science?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
Functions and graphs. Trigonometric identities, inverses, equations, and applications. Exponential and logarithmic functions. Vector and its applications. Sequences and series. Limits and continuity. Differentiation and its applications. Integration and its applications.

Yes, some of those you mentioned are definitely relevant to engineering math from what I heard(but not all).

Why not look at posts above yours before asking again, pretty sure two of them already answered your questions about prep course on computer science.

IAmZTX

Reaction score

The course (Mathematics Preparatory Course) is applicable to you if you are a Computer Engineering student taking Engineering Maths 1 & 2 in your first semester:

Take NOTE:

1) You still need to take Engineering Maths 1 & 2 in your second semester
2) No harm taking the Mathematics Preparatory Course since you will need it in your second semester
3) Please read the curriculum !!!!

Last edited:

Dj_papa

Reaction score
Cos I can feel the pain of the staff who had to entertain such requests.

what do your mean such requests. IMO, there ntothing wrong all with clarify things nor his requests.He has a doubt, he raise it. it wont take the staff any trouble to check it up on him. On other hand, why are you so anal about it?

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
BTW, the COE orientation camp clashes with this course, so I am still thinking of which to go...
anyone can suggest which is more beneficial for me to attend?
the camp or refresher course?

I didn't go for any prep course or camp last year.
But having friends before you start is pretty useful.. especially seniors.
Not sure about the prep course, probably more worth it if you are from polytechnic

bubblesaurr

Reaction score
Did you know what issue he/she call to check?

Regardless of what issue he called to ask just shows that he is concerned about things that may affect his future. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's also why an admission office is established for - to clarify and handle admission and administration matters.

On the other hand, I feel that you are too angsty and judgmental and potentially ruining another person's day with those hurtful words you've said. Please reflect on yourself.

kaemi123

Reaction score
I didnt went for any orientation for eee, so dont worry if cannot make it for orientation. Best to go makr friends

Most important make friends during tutorial class.

I recommend to go for the maths n physics prep course for eee if fresh from ns. Physics may cause some culture shock to some:s13:

Start recapping ur maths n physics n electronics(if from poly).

Maths if direct year 2 can read up on Differentiation and integration. Ordinary differential equations. Partial differentiation. Multiple
integrals. Infinite sequences and series. Vectors.

Physics if direct year 2 can go learn 2d kinematics, bouyancy, friction, vectors, Vectors. Kinematics. Forces and torques. Newton’s laws of motion. Impulse and momentum. Work and energy. Thermal physics. Electric field. Magnetic field. Motion of charged particles and applications. Circuits.

Digital electronics-- logic gates, boolean algebra, state machines, decoder encoders, multiplexer, latch, flip flops, etc.

circuit analysis-- Laplace transform, 3 phase single phase star delta, norton thevenin, 2 port networks. Kvl kcl

ooo haha why culture shock? Is it worth paying $12 to go for physics refresher ah? >< some said its a waste of time???

Xunister

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who are considering the refresher course, this is what I have gotten from a prof.

"It is OK not to attend all the lessons. After registration and paying, you will also be able to download a copy of the e-text. You will also be given access to the course website (recorded videos etc) once the course starts. You do not have to attend all the lessons in person but it would be good to drop by for some, particularly the earlier lessons. The lecture will be interactive and you will be solving problems on the spot with teaching assistants around to help."

Hope this helps.

thezookeeper

Reaction score
I think you are not aware of what he/she did and no it is not okay for the person to do what he/she did based on the circumstances.

The person was fully aware that he/she has been offered a place but he/she selfishly decided to call just to find out whether he/she got accepted due to his appeal or due to the 2nd window period.

It will not affect his/her future a bit by not calling because the offer was already made known.

If you or anyone else thinks it is okay, then all of you are birds of the same feather. The kind of birds that selfishly do things without any regard for others. You guys have the makings of supervisors / managers who'll bully your men just to get ahead.

There are selfish and unselfish people. I hate the former. :)

Hey maneatwoman, I guess you are judging someone too early..

Correct me if i am wrong, sunsunflower is actually confused whether she/he is accepted through the second acceptance window or through the appeal. It could mean a lot to her/him as it determines whether she would still be waiting for the outcome of the appeal or if this is the final outcome. This can affect her in many factors such as signing up of camps etc.

I guess if i were her, i would be as worried and giving a call to the admission office would clarify things and give her a peace mind.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dip in fund management and admin , GPA 3.85
O level : 16 after deducting 2 for CCA , no A maths

sighzzz :(:(:(:(:(:(

Hi I have a lot of friends who were in similar situation as you last time. High GPA but no A maths.

If you're a guy, go take A maths over NS.

kloppite

Reaction score
Hi I have a lot of friends who were in similar situation as you last time. High GPA but no A maths.

If you're a guy, go take A maths over NS.

But I thought there will be a calculus module for us in our first year? Did your friends ended up studying in NTU? Thanks for the advise might go for A maths over NS..

kloppite

Reaction score
What's your o lvl English grade too?

6... haha didn't used to bother about studies when I was much younger.. I thought they would have an English test for us which I'm kinda confident.. lol you think all this played a part as to why I'm rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.