[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

jimlwk

Reaction score
We not talking about rmah but ah in its own sense. But there is so much gold now it's impossible to gauge the price of an item.

Yea, I have 12 billion gold now but dunno where to spend.. lol.. Hope they can come up with a better gold sink. AH and taxation on item trade can.. just dun make it easy to gear up for max level characters can le.. Even can trade mats also not ideal, ppl can buy and keep crafting for say.. max level ancient arcane barbs.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We not talking about rmah but ah in its own sense. But there is so much gold now it's impossible to gauge the price of an item.

the vendor price x 10

that will be enough

gives everyone the chance to get the item

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and yes
i am talking about AH not RMAH

and preferably non tradeable gold too

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and yes
i am talking about AH not RMAH

and preferably non tradeable gold too

the idea of AH is to trade buyer GOLD to your Items..

so if you make the gold as non-tradeable, that will be a conflict on the 1st rule..

people can still buy gold using AH as their middle man.. i can put 1 junk = 1Billion and let the gold seller buy it,..

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the idea of AH is to trade buyer GOLD to your Items..

so if you make the gold as non-tradeable, that will be a conflict on the 1st rule..

people can still buy gold using AH as their middle man.. i can put 1 potion 1Billion and let the gold seller buy it,..

oh i mean to trade only in AH?
say for 10k max

Vulpix

Reaction score
TBH I don't think AH was really the problem, it was RMAH that I had a huge issue with. Letting people buy in game gold with real money was kinda messed up.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TBH I don't think AH was really the problem, it was RMAH that I had a huge issue with. Letting people buy in game gold with real money was kinda messed up.

Rmah gave me pocket money. But problem with rmah is that with new stuff out, the old items u buy at $250 becomes useless overnight

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

same here
and i kinda thought someone in blizzard saw the RMAH problem but couldnt divorce AH from RMAH in system so took both offline

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont buy RMAH.. just sell your godly item to RMAH... that's my rule.. i dont mind wearing only Gold Find armors at that time and sold all my godly item to RMAH..

Vulpix

Reaction score
Rmah gave me pocket money. But problem with rmah is that with new stuff out, the old items u buy at $250 becomes useless overnight

same here
and i kinda thought someone in blizzard saw the RMAH problem but couldnt divorce AH from RMAH in system so took both offline

I also earned some money from the RMAH, but in the end, it was not healthy for the game, because RNG will be skewed due in some way. In the end I was more excited how much I could sell an item rather than how it's going to upgrade my character.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thats the problem right
that will be so much unhappiness
AH would have been more amendable ahhaa

but then its moot now

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont buy RMAH.. just sell your godly item to RMAH... that's my rule.. i dont mind wearing only Gold Find armors at that time and sold all my godly item to RMAH..

ya lor wrong reason to pa game

thats why RMAH is flawed but maybe AH isnt?

Vulpix

Reaction score

I think the community had misguided anger lah. All angry at RMAH, then also shunbian angry at AH. So take all down lor.

jimlwk

Reaction score
I also earned some money from the RMAH, but in the end, it was not healthy for the game, because RNG will be skewed due in some way. In the end I was more excited how much I could sell an item rather than how it's going to upgrade my character.

Tt's what my friends in POE are playing now.. They keep saying this item worth how much etc etc. Like Windripper nerfed and value dropped or something recently then they sian 1/2.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Tt's what my friends in POE are playing now.. They keep saying this item worth how much etc etc. Like Windripper nerfed and value dropped or something recently then they sian 1/2.

That's a bit different though, it's all trading with in game currency, not real money. Windripper's nerf was kinda expected, but it's still a very powerful bow. When it comes to game economies, I prefer not to have it associated with real money.

Anyway, the nerf only applies to Windrippers dropped after 2.0, not the current ones right now.

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

AH we will play AH Tycoon instead of the game.. your upgrade will be in AH .. and like what i did last time, wake up in 3AM just to try to snipe 1 item

jimlwk

Reaction score
That's a bit different though, it's all trading with in game currency, not real money. Windripper's nerf was kinda expected, but it's still a very powerful bow. When it comes to game economies, I prefer not to have it associated with real money.

But can still use real money to buy things like exalted orbs right? Just that the game doesn't specifically have something like a RMAH.

Vulpix

Reaction score
But can still use real money to buy things like exalted orbs right? Just that the game doesn't specifically have something like a RMAH.

Well, same like WoW, there will always be such a market where people willing to part real money for stuff inside games. You can even buy raid packages with real money. I just don't want it to be officially part of a game.

That said, GGG has their own security to stop real money stuff, but there's also only so much they can do. You can't officially buy in game currency in POE.

Vulpix

Reaction score
AH we will play AH Tycoon instead of the game.. your upgrade will be in AH .. and like what i did last time, wake up in 3AM just to try to snipe 1 item

Wah kao, that was the one thing I didn't enjoy. :s13:

jimlwk

Reaction score
Well, same like WoW, there will always be such a market where people willing to part real money for stuff inside games. You can even buy raid packages with real money. I just don't want it to be officially part of a game.

That said, GGG has their own security to stop real money stuff, but there's also only so much they can do. You can't officially buy in game currency in POE.

Yea, I didn't play POE at all but I know my friends like the trading, which is like D2, use SOJs to trade. But the system can still allow ppl to use real money to gear. It's just that POE is not as big as Diablo now, if it is, sure got alot more 3rd party trading websites and forums for real $$ trading.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.