Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
hi bros : testing netflix on Shield TV now using UnoDNS
so far so good. netflix can run. Testing the bitrate and resolution now.

Thanks a lot , been trying to get this working for many days, all other angmo forums gave 1/2 baked solutions lol :p

local talent still the most helpful and bestest :s12:

Hi Bro

you can refer to here https://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&r...=mvB1nxZXLcCH9gXYHFhWtA&bvm=bv.99028883,d.dGo

Instruction quite clear and support for many devices. Uses DNS so wont slow you down unlike VPN

Last edited:

emgee

Reaction score
hi bros : testing netflix on Shield TV now using UnoDNS
so far so good. netflix can run. Testing the bitrate and resolution now.

Thanks a lot , been trying to get this working for many days, all other angmo forums gave 1/2 baked solutions lol :p

local talent still the most helpful and bestest :s12:

Glad to hear!

Also for those uses amazon prime video, you can sideload into Shield and watch it until nvidia work out proper app for this baby.. wont be soon though

Last edited:

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
tested game stream from nvidia servers -
acceptable but my stupid orichi BT mouse lags like hell lol
tested nextflix -
Sense 8 ultra 4k plays beautifully without any lag
tested game stream from PC
it works even for non steam games problem again its with the mouse.

Question : can I add a wireless dongle on the shield so that I can use wireless mouse and kb?
also anyone knows how to check netflix movie playback resolution and bitrate? want to confirm I am getting 4K :p

tested streaming movies from my NAS via KODI
absolutely no problem at all :D

audiophiliac

Reaction score
If anyone is having problems with GameStream, such as dropouts, disconnecting, juttery stream, and worst of all, "pc is offline" problem, you might want to try doing a fresh windows installation and Geforce Experience.

I only came across this coincidentally, due to a BIOS update which killed my RAID drives. So I had to do a fresh Windows 8 installation and Geforce Experience, and found that I no longer had issues with GameStream.

Also, make sure to login into Geforce Experience with a Nvidia account instead of using google account. Same thing on the SATV. Read in Geforce forum that using google account to login causes detection of PC problems.

Hope this helps.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it worth buying the remote bundle at SGD330?

2u477yd.jpg

Last edited:

kimurastanley

Reaction score
Is it worth buying the remote bundle at SGD330?

2u477yd.jpg

I just ordered last week without the promotion. Going to talk to amazon asking for rebate.

I would advise u to order using USD as currency as amazon exchange rate is higher than bank

24thchromosome

Reaction score
Decided to pull the trigger ordered the bundle ar US224.9

Tried to order the bundle too but funny leh... the remote no free shipping to sgp. It seemed buying separately also got discount as long as in the same order. That way, the remote can ship to an US address for free and then find a cheap cheap forwarder to ship back sgp... need to find out further if this method is cheaper than amazon's international shipping.... hmmm...

24thchromosome

Reaction score
It seemed according to the Nvidia forum, local media decoding of DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD has been ruled out by Nvidia. They'll only include passthrough capability in future firmware update. What a bummer... Oh well, better than nothing...

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried to order the bundle too but funny leh... the remote no free shipping to sgp. It seemed buying separately also got discount as long as in the same order. That way, the remote can ship to an US address for free and then find a cheap cheap forwarder to ship back sgp... need to find out further if this method is cheaper than amazon's international shipping.... hmmm...

I did buy in bundle. Now the remote will be shipping directly to SG free shpping.

nivlac9

Reaction score
anyone got the 16gb version - and upgraded it or usb it with a ext hdd? or makes better sense to just order the pro?

audiophiliac

Reaction score
anyone got the 16gb version - and upgraded it or usb it with a ext hdd? or makes better sense to just order the pro?

I've used my 16gb version with ext hard drive, no issues. If you're really into android games, then you should get the pro version, coz I could only install 2 big games at a go (doom 3 and portal) and 5-7 small games.

I uninstalled the bigger games in the end coz I have ps4 which does a better job for AAA games. The small games (100-300mb) are more for kids age 3-7.

Some games'data cannot be moved to sd card.

By the way, app data can only be moved to sd card and not to external usb drive.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
just press continue

The console will get discounted by $20 and the remote will be less than $5

hvds47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.