[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then why Blizz keep pushing for esports for this HOTS?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. because other than sc2 n hs blizz got nothing else good in their franchise anymore. wow numbers are dropping, and d3 well.... nothing is being fixed except for more power creeping.

hs is fun at the start but in the end pple will realise it's p2w. they need to seek a new money making machine soon. with more attention given to hots pple might just go n play and unlock characters by buying them with $$.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think if a big enough company throw enough money at a game, it will work
xbox didnt exist, microsoft created it from scratch

if somehow they can make it competitively viable for gamers then it is a possibility

even a pay to win system like LOL generates a competitive environment

xbox was kinda lucky in a way that the psn network isn't that good and they made console online gaming great with their xbox live. i dunno how they are going to penetrate the moba genre that is so deeply entrenched with dota n lol as the benchmark. just need to keep throwing $$ i guess.

Vulpix

Reaction score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. because other than sc2 n hs blizz got nothing else good in their franchise anymore. wow numbers are dropping, and d3 well.... nothing is being fixed except for more power creeping.

hs is fun at the start but in the end pple will realise it's p2w. they need to seek a new money making machine soon. with more attention given to hots pple might just go n play and unlock characters by buying them with $$.
HOTS is generating more money than they put in, it will be their money churning machine for years to come, even if WoW is dead. I don't think I'm exaggerating Hearthstone can probably earn more in a month than WoW can earn in a year.

yup
but their challenge was how to monetize it
Dota was selling cosmetic add ons
LOL was selling heroes
Quite irritating man. That time I try watching their competition on twitch, almost fell asleep. :s13:

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xbox was kinda lucky in a way that the psn network isn't that good and they made console online gaming great with their xbox live. i dunno how they are going to penetrate the moba genre that is so deeply entrenched with dota n lol as the benchmark. just need to keep throwing $$ i guess.

at that time xbox was against Sony playstation and Nintendo
so they needed luck AND financial muscle to stay the course

analogy will be Dota and LOL

i am not saying Hots will succeed but i do believe if u throw enough money it will. In soccer terms, think chelsea and man city
LOL

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup
but their challenge was how to monetize it
Dota was selling cosmetic add ons
LOL was selling heroes

they attempt to bring in numbers via a sense of nostalgia through diablo. but it only make some pple in d3 dulan becuz d3 doesn't even have the advertised pvp yet. i won't be surprised if they made deckard cain playable.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you know LOL is run by Riot?
they have ONLY LOL in to their name
haha

seriously i LOL

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HOTS is generating more money than they put in, it will be their money churning machine for years to come, even if WoW is dead. I don't think I'm exaggerating Hearthstone can probably earn more in a month than WoW can earn in a year.

Quite irritating man. That time I try watching their competition on twitch, almost fell asleep. :s13:

are u sure about this? they ain't even optimistic about this to begin with. currently i dun think it's that big enough to be on par with lol or dota but in a few years maybe. oh and hs is definitely earning more than wow. they were shocked by the $$ from hs.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they attempt to bring in numbers via a sense of nostalgia through diablo. but it only make some pple in d3 dulan becuz d3 doesn't even have the advertised pvp yet. i won't be surprised if they made deckard cain playable.

yes they using nostalgia, and why wouldnt u?
u have copyrights to these chars that you spent money developing
its good business sense
and its not only D3
they have WC3, WOW, SC heroes all over
when u log on they even tell u where these heroes came from

and what skills will he have?
lol

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you know LOL is run by Riot?
they have ONLY LOL in to their name
haha

seriously i LOL

i know riot only has lol. but still they managed to make it which surprised me. i hated the art n the gameplay tbh.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes they using nostalgia, and why wouldnt u?
u have copyrights to these chars that you spent money developing
its good business sense
and its not only D3
they have WC3, WOW, SC heroes all over
when u log on they even tell u where these heroes came from

and what skills will he have?
lol

i never say they won't? i am saying it's part of their strategy now to do that.

as for cain, maybe he can whack u with his walking stick n auras of boredom by telling u his stories of the horadrim.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i never say they won't? i am saying it's part of their strategy now to do that.

as for cain, maybe he can whack u with his walking stick n auras of boredom by telling u his stories of the horadrim.

then there is a char in dota just for it, Bane
lol

His ability is to make people sleep
so apt

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the wonders of a one trick pony isnt it
LOL

at that point the moba community needed something that isn't as complex as dota yet still fun n competitive to engage in. riot came up with this n some weird heroes like son goku? new mechanics such as capping power points made it quite new as well.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are u sure about this? they ain't even optimistic about this to begin with. currently i dun think it's that big enough to be on par with lol or dota but in a few years maybe. oh and hs is definitely earning more than wow. they were shocked by the $$ from hs.

its financial gymnastics
it all depends on what you are comparing against
no way is HS going to earn more than WOW as a whole
maybe in one financial quarter HS recorded a blip
ahha

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at that point the moba community needed something that isn't as complex as dota yet still fun n competitive to engage in. riot came up with this n some weird heroes like son goku? new mechanics such as capping power points made it quite new as well.

then hots is dumbing it down even further
i never did find LOL easy to understand and their graphics is terrible compared to HOTS and DOta

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then hots is dumbing it down even further
i never did find LOL easy to understand and their graphics is terrible compared to HOTS and DOta

HS is indeed dumbing it down further. it's like, here's ur gun and ur shield, now go fight. no need for complex micro of spawning creeps etc.

its financial gymnastics
it all depends on what you are comparing against
no way is HS going to earn more than WOW as a whole
maybe in one financial quarter HS recorded a blip
ahha

in terms of solid revenue it's not possible to compare them apple to apple. but when we look at the amount of development that each game requires, hs requires much less work than wow.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/05/world-of-warcraft-has-lost-44-of-its-subscribers-in-six-months-but-thats-okay/

wow numbers now are so bad that they need to come up with a new expac barely 1 year after the release of WoD. i still dunno how they are going to get pple back in. or maybe pple will get suckered in just like d3 then unsub after 2-3 months.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.