Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they still have d3 and sc2 expansion to go
those will rake in $$$

their product slate in their earnings call is also interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgFcU4Xn5cw

this guy may be right about some stuff

gamescom never say anything about d3. :s22::s22::s22:

unless they bring in BIG CHANGES to d3, i think alot of pple sure dulan. admittedly, ros wasn't that bad but it has potential to go even further. as of patch 2.3, i still think the developers never understood the real problem of the game: skills are terribly unbalanced, not items.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i think gamers are spoilt these days
last time where got patch
release liao means gg
ahaha

now companies try damn hard to refresh the titles

patch 2.3 could have even be sold as an expansion pack in the past

imagine
new skills
new items
new maps

if they throw in free char slot, can call it expansion liao lol

Vulpix

Reaction score
release liao means gg
ahaha

imagine
new skills
new items
new maps

I don't think gamers are being spoiled here, they're just frustrated.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

there will always be gripes one mah
which game dont have

even the world number one game - COD
people also kpkb
its human nature

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
release liao means gg
ahaha

imagine
new skills
new items
new maps

actually i agree with vulpix. last time gamers were not so savvy n were willing to grind countless of hours to find fun n good strategies. but what we are seeing in d3 is endless power creeping n the developer not even listening to suggestions. pvp was promised to be part of a patch in d3 and looked what happen? they didn't balance it and shoved brawling down everyone's throats. it's just a matter of what was promised and what wasn't fulfilled.

oh n i just hate how they try to assign roles to classes and overreacting because some classes were using broken items to break the game (tiklandian helm, infinite blind etc) and decided to nerf CC totally.

Vulpix

Reaction score
there will always be gripes one mah
which game dont have

even the world number one game - COD
people also kpkb
its human nature

actually i agree with vulpix. last time gamers were not so savvy n were willing to grind countless of hours to find fun n good strategies. but what we are seeing in d3 is endless power creeping n the developer not even listening to suggestions. pvp was promised to be part of a patch in d3 and looked what happen? they didn't balance it and shoved brawling down everyone's throats. it's just a matter of what was promised and what wasn't fulfilled.

oh n i just hate how they try to assign roles to classes and overreacting because some classes were using broken items to break the game (tiklandian helm, infinite blind etc) and decided to nerf CC totally.

Sometimes I feel like Blizzard listens, but doesn't communicate. I'm sure gamers know that no game is perfect, but there's a difference between a developer that cares, and a developer that only show that they care. I mean look at how Blizzard is catering to the China market for Diablo 3, compared to the global market.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

PVP is a sore point for many and the problem is if u want PVP to be "fair" you need to equalize gear and dumb down PVE skills for PVP (guildwars 1 did it very well)

option 2 is to let it be, which is where brawl ended up

to me its just plain laziness or lack of resource or whatever u wanna call it
Because equalizing is massive work and u literally need to rework all the skills

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like Blizzard listens, but doesn't communicate. I'm sure gamers know that no game is perfect, but there's a difference between a developer that cares, and a developer that only show that they care. I mean look at how Blizzard is catering to the China market for Diablo 3, compared to the global market.

things got slightly better with the removal of jay wilson. he was toxic in the development of the game. but now the new dev is trying weird things already. i still didn't like how some items in the game are considered BiS (smk, the elemental shot bow, golden flense, SS etc) and way overpowered than the rest. john yang is probably the better developer amongst them as he does engage the community n plays the problematic classes himself to see the glaring problems.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PVP is a sore point for many and the problem is if u want PVP to be "fair" you need to equalize gear and dumb down PVE skills for PVP (guildwars 1 did it very well)

Because equalizing is massive work and u literally need to rework all the skills

option 1 was what i think would have worked in d3 but they dun even bother. it's definitely laziness as they assumed that pple like the endless grind for items. it's true that diablo is a game based on loot but when there are BiS items n nothing that can compete with each other based on situations, what's the point?

Vulpix

Reaction score

Why need to be fair when there's no competitive scene? ARPG PvP has never been fair, and will never be fair. Anyone who cries for fairness should be treated as the vocal minority who needs to shut up.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why need to be fair when there's no competitive scene? ARPG PvP has never been fair, and will never be fair. Anyone who cries for fairness should be treated as the vocal minority who needs to shut up.

from my experiences in GW 1
people want it equalized so that it is based on skill etc

Vulpix

Reaction score

GW isn't an ARPG though, I can understand the point of making it balanced in GW, but not in Diablo.

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

gw1 is mmo, d3 is arpg and they are different genres. in arpg some builds are indeed more op than the rest. but what we want is just to implement pvp first then balance it to their best as it goes along. now they dun even bother.

Vulpix

Reaction score
gw1 is mmo, d3 is arpg and they are different genres. in arpg some builds are indeed more op than the rest. but what we want is just to implement pvp first then balance it to their best as it goes along. now they dun even bother.

All the promised guild features also all hush hush. :s22:

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ownder if the new cube thingy can create legendary like the SMK. I think if can I will rather farm the mats than farm for it. Farm until wanna die drop ancient dagger of darts, 2 krider shots, furance and what not but the stupid SMK up till now still dont wanna drop :(

Darkorochix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When does s4 starts ah?
Need to get to level 70 for tyrael mount for hots..

There is an easy way(imo) to implement PVP in d3.
Make it like Demon/Dark Souls.
Allow people to invade other people game(can be turn off by the host)
Invader will not aggro mob, while host have to face both invader and mobs.(if host has party then u have to fight all of them, maybe get bonus hp like mob)
Successfully invading get Evil points
Successfully defeat invader get Holy Points.
Points can exchange for cosmetic gear.

Just that current Blizz too lazy liao..
Too old fashion..

MianBaoFren

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ownder if the new cube thingy can create legendary like the SMK. I think if can I will rather farm the mats than farm for it. Farm until wanna die drop ancient dagger of darts, 2 krider shots, furance and what not but the stupid SMK up till now still dont wanna drop :(

Can. But I teach u cheat code. If u want to just cube the power, go create a level 1 char n do torment x with ur main. Should be able to drop if I remember correctly.

Sent from sinkieland using GAGT

Vulpix

Reaction score
When does s4 starts ah?
Need to get to level 70 for tyrael mount for hots..

There is an easy way(imo) to implement PVP in d3.
Make it like Demon/Dark Souls.
Allow people to invade other people game(can be turn off by the host)
Invader will not aggro mob, while host have to face both invader and mobs.(if host has party then u have to fight all of them, maybe get bonus hp like mob)
Successfully invading get Evil points
Successfully defeat invader get Holy Points.
Points can exchange for cosmetic gear.

Just that current Blizz too lazy liao..
Too old fashion..

I don't think Blizzard is being lazy, but Diablo isn't generating them as much income as WoW or Hearthstone, even HOTS. Look at how often HOTS and Hearthstone gets balance updates.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.