[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not confirm... That day I went to jing zhuan nm. They said open.. I went there.. Only 20 stalls open

金钻 open Tues and Thurs to Sun. 20 stalls better than nothing. And it got free shuttle bus there. Not sure is it return trip.

Only Liuhe opens everyday but I heard many tourists.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for purchasing Taiwan prepaid SIM card? For use of few months de.

use ur ARC, go to telecom shop n reg under post pay sim card. will b cheaper than u keep topping up money on ur prepaid card

AugZie

Reaction score
use ur ARC, go to telecom shop n reg under post pay sim card. will b cheaper than u keep topping up money on ur prepaid card

I don't get an ARC, only have visa. Or do they have one for student? But I'm exchange student, not local de.

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't get an ARC, only have visa. Or do they have one for student? But I'm exchange student, not local de.

ask ur school. by rights must haf if not they wont issue u the visa
but worst case really dun haf, ask ur school admin to write a letter of some form of letter to prove u r exchange student. den use tat to apply.

the ARC is meant for everyone who is not a resident of Taiwan by birth but excluding new immigrant. it is similar to sg PR. in other words, u r not longer a tourist anymore.

Last edited:

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
金钻 open Tues and Thurs to Sun. 20 stalls better than nothing. And it got free shuttle bus there. Not sure is it return trip.

Only Liuhe opens everyday but I heard many tourists.
No... Bs... I went thurs... It was not opened... Meant to be a few hundred stalls but only 20 opened.. And there was no shuttle bus too.... A lot of ppl waited for 30mins in the end a cabby told the lot of us no bus today just walk 10mins over there.. For the SIM card stall it was just there when I cleared the customs. There was less service as they will only collect your money give u the SIM card. They will not help u much like install for u or whatnot or help u set up. So it's much faster then Tpe airport

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No... Bs... I went thurs... It was not opened... Meant to be a few hundred stalls but only 20 opened.. And there was no shuttle bus too.... A lot of ppl waited for 30mins in the end a cabby told the lot of us no bus today just walk 10mins over there.. For the SIM card stall it was just there when I cleared the customs. There was less service as they will only collect your money give u the SIM card. They will not help u much like install for u or whatnot or help u set up. So it's much faster then Tpe airport

Seriously, already got report dun go there liao, u still keen.

U got buy data SIM mah? At khh airport? 830am then open leh. Other places got sell?
GOt, need to hunt high and low for it.
Why waste time.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i did not know about any report before i went there.. so i found out the hard way.

Why waste time.

it was pretty easy to find la.. just exit its there..

reply in red..

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Why waste time.

金钻 not advised to go then what about 凯旋?

Oh. Then I take breakfast at airport first while waiting for their telco to open.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering can I buy 2 SIM card at KHH airport in Sep, but keep 1 for my Taichung/Taipei trip in Nov? So Nov I no need to queue at Taoyuan airport.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering can I buy 2 SIM card at KHH airport in Sep, but keep 1 for my Taichung/Taipei trip in Nov? So Nov I no need to queue at Taoyuan airport.

the sim card can be used all over taiwan. buy one now and later just top up when u're in taipei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.