Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
Does the ICOCA card provide any discounts on fares? Or is it just a card to store money for convenience?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the ICOCA card provide any discounts on fares? Or is it just a card to store money for convenience?

very small saving or no difference if you use IC card. Example Tokyo to Shinjuku, 200yen if by ticket, IC card is 194yen.

Our EZLink actually gives higher discount than them.:)

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
very small saving or no difference if you use IC card. Example Tokyo to Shinjuku, 200yen if by ticket, IC card is 194yen.

Our EZLink actually gives higher discount than them.:)

LOL. Okay thanks. Is there a website that shows how much the fare would be between stations on JR rails/railways/subways?
(I know of Taipei's metro's......) want to calculate rough cost to compare with passes.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL. Okay thanks. Is there a website that shows how much the fare would be between stations on JR rails/railways/subways?
(I know of Taipei's metro's......) want to calculate rough cost to compare with passes.

Hyperdia website

jona12

Reaction score
Any recommendation on the places to visit in Osaka, Kanazawa, Takayama, Shirakawago, Toyama, Nagaya and Kyoto during oct? And At Toyama, would it be better to visit the Alphine route or Kurobe Gorge? Any must visit places? Thanks

nanami70

Reaction score
can i ask for a first timer,flying in from narita,flying out from haneda,staying near ueno will be better or shinagawa,haneda side better?

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro,

Anybody have experience buying jrpass from jrpass.com?
Seems like their price is cheaper compared to buying from JTB in singapore.

Thanks

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to check how should I wear if I go mount fuji during October?
Will be following a Mount Fuji trip on October 16, understand that there will be colder but not sure to prepare what clothing for it.

Are you going to the fifth station? Not hiking up to the top right? Here is the temperature graph

http://www.fujisanpo.com/data/weather_forecast.html#5th-temp

Today's weather at the 5th station

http://weathernews.jp/pinpoint/cgi/...lat=35.3907411&lon=138.7355869&pref=49&num=19

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i ask for a first timer,flying in from narita,flying out from haneda,staying near ueno will be better or shinagawa,haneda side better?

think it will be better to stay somewhere that is convenient for getting to the airport for departure. coz u probably have more things to carry when leaving, due to all the shopping.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation on the places to visit in Osaka, Kanazawa, Takayama, Shirakawago, Toyama, Nagaya and Kyoto during oct? And At Toyama, would it be better to visit the Alphine route or Kurobe Gorge? Any must visit places? Thanks

that is quite a lot of places u are going.
what are attractions u have shortlisted so far for these places?
how many days are u spending at each place?

jona12

Reaction score
I have only 9 days. If i am using the rail pass which is 5 days. I will most likely cover one place a day. Since it is really short, I would like to cover interesting places. I have shortlisted a few but not sure if it worth visiting.

Kanazawa
Kenrokuen Garden, Ninjadera (Ninja Temple), Higashi Chaya District, Omicho Market, Kanazawa Castle

Shirakawago

Toyama
Alphine Route

Takayama
Old Town, Hida Folk Village (Hida no Sato), Matsuri no Mori

Kyoto
Nijo Castle (Nijojo) , Nishiki Market, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Kiyomizudera Temple, Higashiyama District , Ginkakuji (Silver Pavilion)

that is quite a lot of places u are going.
what are attractions u have shortlisted so far for these places?
how many days are u spending at each place?

jona12

Reaction score
Is there any railway pass that covers Osaka and Kyoto for 2 days? and is it worth getting a pass to airport from Osaka central or just buy single trip? And any recommendation for data sim card for Osaka?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some say nijojo not worth going.

500 yen bus pass more useful in kyoto. Osaka, check out the enjoy eco card. Think that's the one, cheaper on weekends. You can check if the jr Kansai area pass is worth.

Last edited:

icenight86

Reaction score
Hi all,

How many post you need to post a picture?

I have some important images to share and i cannot post.

:(

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some say nijojo not worth going.

500 yen bus pass more useful in kyoto. Osaka, check out the enjoy eco card. Think that's the one, cheaper on weekends. You can check if the jr Kansai area pass is worth.

Nijo Castle is quite worthwhile to go. Just for the historical significance, residence of Tokugawa Shogunate in Kyoto. and the well preserved Palace where you can see the unique nightingale floor. The garden outside also quite nice.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have only 9 days. If i am using the rail pass which is 5 days. I will most likely cover one place a day. Since it is really short, I would like to cover interesting places. I have shortlisted a few but not sure if it worth visiting.

Kanazawa
Kenrokuen Garden, Ninjadera (Ninja Temple), Higashi Chaya District, Omicho Market, Kanazawa Castle

Shirakawago

Toyama
Alphine Route

Takayama
Old Town, Hida Folk Village (Hida no Sato), Matsuri no Mori

Kyoto
Nijo Castle (Nijojo) , Nishiki Market, Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Kiyomizudera Temple, Higashiyama District , Ginkakuji (Silver Pavilion)

with 5 day pass, ur itinerary can be something like this:
day 1: osaka/kyoto to Kanazawa
day 2: Kanazawa to Shirakawago
day 3: Shirakawago to Takayama
day 4: Takayama to Toyama
day 5: Toyama to osaka/kyoto

however, it will be quite rush to cover alpine route coz it typically takes the whole day to cover the alpine route. moreover, the route starts from Tateyama near Toyama and ends at Shinano Omachi near Matsumoto. u will not be able to do the full route coz u wun have time to travel back from Shinano Omachi. so most likely u can only do Tateyama to Murodo then back to Tateyama

jona12

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion, I think I would stay a day at Toyama to complete the route.
Maybe i will just go to Takayama and stay there at day 2 and go to Toyama on day 3, go for the Alpine route at day 4 then back to Kyoto on Day 5. Is it better to stay at Shirakawago or Takayama?

with 5 day pass, ur itinerary can be something like this:
day 1: osaka/kyoto to Kanazawa
day 2: Kanazawa to Shirakawago
day 3: Shirakawago to Takayama
day 4: Takayama to Toyama
day 5: Toyama to osaka/kyoto

however, it will be quite rush to cover alpine route coz it typically takes the whole day to cover the alpine route. moreover, the route starts from Tateyama near Toyama and ends at Shinano Omachi near Matsumoto. u will not be able to do the full route coz u wun have time to travel back from Shinano Omachi. so most likely u can only do Tateyama to Murodo then back to Tateyama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.